Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition -- 2 Hr Season Finale -- 12/13/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will win the $1 million dollars?
The Weavers
11.63%
The Bransens
9.30%
The Linzs
79.07%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The first "family" version of "The Amazing Race" is coming to an end tonight, featuring three remaining teams -- the Bransens (currently in first place), the Linz family and the Weaver family. By the end of the two-hour finale, one of these clans will be $1 million richer. They've traveled all over the United States -- and a bit into South America (no truly exotic trips to Thailand or India in this installment). Spending that much time with your relatives deserves some kind of reward; apparently, CBS thinks so too, and will give the two families who don't win the grand prize one final chance to win big (namely, a 2006 GMC Yukon XL). Good luck to all!
Finally this version of the show is over.

I hope CBS decides to either scrap the Family version or revise the format to make it more interesting.
Old 12-13-05, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad to see it end too. If CBS was smart, they would make the next season insane to get back viewers that they lost this season. Oh, and I'm going to say Team Linzs gets the million.
Old 12-13-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm hoping my neighborhood neighbors, the Bransens, win... but I think the Linz family will win. I'll be satisfied with either getting the victory.

Go Black family!!!
Old 12-13-05, 12:47 AM

For me it would be way cool if the spoiler information I accidently read in my local paper was wrong and the winners turn out to be
Spoiler:
The Bransen Family: Go Wally!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-05, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm glad I'm not the only one to find this special edition a bore. Maybe it's the family thing or just the fact that it was shot almost entirely in the US.
Old 12-13-05, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Finally this version of the show is over.

I hope CBS decides to either scrap the Family version or revise the format to make it more interesting.
Amen! Worst season ever. I almost gave up but felt I was too far into it to quit.

I hope the Linz family wins and the Weavers burn in hell.

If the Weavers do win & I have to hear how god wanted them to win, I think I will
Old 12-13-05, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Go Weavers! I hope they win to spite the other two teams. The Linzs are frats boys who put down people because they can.
Spoiler:
previews show one of the Linz boys threathing to break the Weaver kid's arm. I think that the Linzs are heavy favorites though.

I think the ratings for this edition have been ok. This is the toughest time slot I think out there right now with 5 shows doing very well. I think the producers really tried to tone down this edition and make it more "viewer" friendly for the general public with the visually neat but easy/straight-forward roadblocks and the US destinations.
Still, I hope they get back to couples racing on the AR.
Old 12-13-05, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Go Linz!
Old 12-13-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm rooting for the Bransens, but I think Weavers will win the race.
Old 12-13-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good. No more tired Black Family jokes.
Old 12-13-05, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As mentioned before the show seems edited to show the Weavers win so I voted for them. I'm rooting for the bransens though.
Old 12-13-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.ht...7&ref_type=101

Amazing Race 8 will continue online with a challenge for second- and third-place teams

Instead of letting The Amazing Race 8 die a merciful death after its 88-minute finale next week, CBS will continue the show online with another segment. Worse, the segment will offer the second- and third-place teams the chance to compete for a new car. So even if the Weavers lose, praise Jesus, they still may win a prize.

During production, “producers taped a runner-up challenge in which the second- and third-place teams competed to win a new car,” but “CBS designed the challenge to be an Internet exclusive,” Variety reports. The challenge is only six minutes long, and will be available at CBS.com at 11 p.m. PT/1 a.m. ET Tuesday.

CBS is calling the segment a “mini-race,” which is actually a pretty good description of this entire season.
Old 12-13-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

These online things are getting a bit out of hand.

I'm willing to bet the car product placement will be even worse in this than it was in the CSI: Miami short.
Old 12-13-05, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Go Linz! If it weren't for some of their comedic moments, this season would have been unwatchable for me.
Old 12-13-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Good. No more tired Black Family jokes.
I don't get it.

Anyone but the Weavers!
Old 12-13-05, 11:56 AM

The show has been stacked in favor of the Linzes since the beginning. They were the only team that wasn't bogged down by geezers and/or children.
Old 12-13-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I must confess that I have enjoyed the family edition more than I thought I would, but I also hope they don't do it again.

Spoiler:
I voted for the Linzes and based on their lead in the poll, I am now becoming suspicious of the spoilers I haven't been reading.
Old 12-13-05, 01:29 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

finally its over huzzah, I don't care if either the linzes or bransens win, but if the weavers win, phil's getin philiminated...
Old 12-13-05, 04:50 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone but those fucking Weavers. Hey is it just me, but that Linz sister is getting more cute from each show.......yeah it's probably just me
Old 12-13-05, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by garmonbozia
The challenge is only six minutes long, and will be available at CBS.com at 11 p.m. PT/1 a.m. ET Tuesday..

A 6 minute long challenge? Well we know the Weavers won't win it...takes longer than 6 mins to get out of the McD's drive-thru.
Old 12-13-05, 06:00 PM

I still wish the brother-in-laws were still in the race.
Old 12-13-05, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Spoiler:
previews show one of the Linz boys threathing to break the Weaver kid's arm. I think that the Linzs are heavy favorites though.
Spoiler:
Alex did not threaten to break Rolly's arm. He said: "He's lucky I didn't break his arm." The promo implies this is said after Alex and Rolly have their tumble at the airport. So, Alex is either talking shit because he's pissed that Rolly physically forced his way ahead of him, or he thinks Rolly could have been injured in the fall (I have no doubt it's the former).
Old 12-13-05, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Fok
Anyone but those fucking Weavers. Hey is it just me, but that Linz sister is getting more cute from each show.......yeah it's probably just me
It's not just you. In some shots she looks kind of fugly, but in others she looks pretty good. It's actually weird now that I think about it.
Old 12-13-05, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is the first season that I have ever missed any episodes of the Amazing Race. I've missed three out of the last four. I just don't like the show in this form. I couldn't force myself to watch it but I'll try to stay awake for it tonight.

I am just happy that the next version is going to be back to the regular two person team format.
Old 12-13-05, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Fok
Hey is it just me, but that Linz sister is getting more cute from each show.......yeah it's probably just me
Nah, I've been on that bandwagon since episode 1 when she ran up to Kevin and Drew. It's just too bad that she's nearly as out of shape as Wally.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.