Smallville -- "Lexmas" -- 12/08/05

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Lexmas" -- 12/08/05

"Lexmas"
Spoiler:
Lex has difficulty deciding whether to use information that will destroy Jonathan's life because it will also bring harm to Clark and Martha.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance, Alisen Down.
Director(s): Rick Rosenthal.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Holly Harold.

Original Airdate: December 8, 2005.
Old 12-08-05, 09:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice episode, although you knew the ending was going to happen...every time I hope Lex will stay good, he doesn't.

So what else is new?
Old 12-08-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought it was a great episode, laying the foundation of Lex's turn from all that would be good and pure, and puts him on the course for money and power, at any cost.

It was sad to see the ghost of mother fade away as Lex steely resolves to use his second chance at life be as devoid of human contact and warmth for the rest of his life, in direct contradiction to his mis-interpretation of the "what a wonderful life" scenario because his personal psychosis has horrible issue with abandonment and a perceive lack of control of his destiny (the by-product of his mother dying at an early age, and Lionel imposing a future that Lex was not so receptive to in his formative years).

Clark and Chloe's Santa delivery service that detoured into Clark meeting up with Santa provided just enough doubt as to whether or not Clark was really talking to St. Nick after all.

Anyone else find a pregnant Lana hot?
Old 12-08-05, 09:19 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait, looks like the last Smallville for a while? Maybe like Lost, first of the year?

Anyways I outa here till it airs...Animal will be back
Old 12-08-05, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Episode sucked, 'cept for the ending... Loved the idea that it just pushed Lex further away from humanity.

ANd what is up with next week? Is it just a recap of this season?
Old 12-08-05, 09:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Tivo cut off before the preview...can anyone spoilerize the preview?
Old 12-08-05, 09:54 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Great episode. Lex is finally being Lex.

For those curious about next week, it's just a repeat of the end of the last season and the beginning of this one. The next new episode comes on in late January 2006, probably the 20th.
Old 12-08-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is Jor-El still going to kill someone? Because I think everyone was there 7 years later.
Old 12-08-05, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That was just Lex's vision of the future, he has no idea someone's gonna die w/r/t Jor-el declaration to Clark.
Old 12-08-05, 10:47 PM
Banned

Who was Julian?
Old 12-08-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Julian is supposedly Lex's kid brother who also died as a little boy.
Old 12-08-05, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
So is Jor-El still going to kill someone? Because I think everyone was there 7 years later.
But they didn't tell you the real reason Lana died, now did they!

I've never seen the movie, just have a passing knowlege what it is loosely about, so I have to ask: was tonight's episode the same plot as Family Man?
Old 12-08-05, 11:30 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by calhoun07
I've never seen the movie, just have a passing knowlege what it is loosely about, so I have to ask: was tonight's episode the same plot as Family Man?
More or less, except Nicolas Cage
Spoiler:
doesn't turn to the dark side
at the end of Family Man.

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
I didn't see Lois, for what it's worth, but if this is all a figment of Lex's imagination we probably wouldn't, since she has been less a part of his life than the others.

And on a side note, wouldn't it be sweet if 'Santa' turned out to be
Spoiler:
a shape-shifted Brainiac?
Old 12-08-05, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Seaking of Lois, I was surprised we didn't hear her mentioned at least as a star reporter for the Planet. And Clark didn't mention anything about how the Planet was covering Superman. I know it was Lex's fragment imagination and all, but it would have been kinda cool to suggest he was seeing an actual future and not dreaming it. Heck, if the episode can suggest Santa really exists, then why not have Lex see a future where he hears of things like "Superman" that he never heard of before?
Old 12-08-05, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Santa looked like Terrance Stamp under a Santa beard. Coincidence??

I enjoyed the episode too. I almost hoped Lex had decided to turn good but we know that can't happen.
Old 12-08-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I half expected him to make the right decision at the end, but something else later in his life would derail him towards the dark side. After all, if they are planning to run this show for 7 seasons, I thought they might back track on Lex's route to evil just a bit.
Old 12-08-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wonder what Lex is going to get on Jonathon??
Old 12-09-05, 01:40 AM
Suspended

I liked the episode, Lionel was a real fucking prick when Lex needed help, I mean a real douchebag, he wouldn't even help Lana, he needs to be kicked in the fucking mouth for that. I would have taken that damn laptop and beat his melon in until he complied.

I admit it, I got a little teary eyed when Lana was dying on the bed after she gave birth, and talking to Lex, damn...tough. Great scene though, I was really feeling the emotion...sad

Chloe she has that business suit hotness thing down.... now I need some alone time....

Liked the Santa thing, cool.

I wonder what Lex has in store for Johnathon.

Bring on the Smallville "movie"
Old 12-09-05, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
The Santa thing was crap. The ep should have just been all Lex's story.
Old 12-09-05, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Santa looked like Terrance Stamp under a Santa beard. Coincidence??
That was Windom Earle, my friend.

Originally Posted by animalmystic
I admit it, I got a little teary eyed when Lana was dying on the bed after she gave birth, and talking to Lex, damn...tough. Great scene though, I was really feeling the emotion...sad
Maybe as it related to Lex, but i've come to realize that Kristin is the weak link on the show and can't help buy notice it anytime she's on the screen.

Yeah, i'm slow like that.
Old 12-09-05, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really liked this episode. Had everything going for it. Acting was the best I have seen in this show. Lana really did a great job, except she was swinging that baby belly around like it was pillow, but she radiated in every shot. Lex had a tough time doing the crying scene, he kept shifting into this weird painful grin. Over all he demonstrated that he has the most potential of anyone on the show. Chloe looked gorgeous at the tree lot. Something about her was different.

I hate to say this ... Less Clark is a good thing. Welling is just not a very dynamic actor.

Last edited by Ayre; 12-09-05 at 05:27 AM.
Old 12-09-05, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I thought it was a great episode, laying the foundation of Lex's turn from all that would be good and pure, and puts him on the course for money and power, at any cost.
Hasn't that foundation already been laid...for like the last 50 episodes?
Old 12-09-05, 09:56 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ayre
Chloe looked gorgeous at the tree lot. Something about her was different.
I did notice her hair was longer in those scenes. It looked good on her IMO.
Old 12-09-05, 10:02 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Seaking of Lois, I was surprised we didn't hear her mentioned at least as a star reporter for the Planet. And Clark didn't mention anything about how the Planet was covering Superman. I know it was Lex's fragment imagination and all, but it would have been kinda cool to suggest he was seeing an actual future and not dreaming it. Heck, if the episode can suggest Santa really exists, then why not have Lex see a future where he hears of things like "Superman" that he never heard of before?
This does bring up an interesting point, simply in that Lex DID see Clark as a reporter for the Daily Planet. Has this even been hinted at yet? I know he did some marginal work at the school paper, but I never got the journalist vibe from him on the show yet. (And what is his college major? Have they even said it?) Why would Lex's mind jump to that? And also, in the vision Lex's mom mentions the exact medical facility he will wake up in. Granted there are only a handful of options and it is probably "the best", but it's still a pretty good guess for a subconscious mind.

And speaking of hospitals, if Lex was shot in Metropolis, why would the ambulance or whatever take him all the way to Smallville Medical in first place? Only to have him shipped BACK to Metropolis? ???
Old 12-09-05, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 607 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
And speaking of hospitals, if Lex was shot in Metropolis, why would the ambulance or whatever take him all the way to Smallville Medical in first place? Only to have him shipped BACK to Metropolis? ???
I thought he was in Grainville (or something like that).

Enjoyable episode. The Santa stuff was predictable, but was still fun to watch. The easy reply to how Santa did his thing would be that he was actually this episode's Freak-of-the-Week!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.