Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Fox announces new Winter Schedule

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-30-05, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not see this posted yet, but read this today at The Futon Critic site. American Idol is staying in the same slot and not moving to Thursdays as expected. Killer Instinc has been cancelled. Prison Break is now coming back in March not May.

FOX MID-SEASON SCHEDULE (All times ET/PT):

MONDAYS
8:00-9:00 PM SKATING WITH CELEBRITIES (as of Jan. 23)
PRISON BREAK (returns with fall finale encore on March 13 and all originals beginning March 20)
9:00-10:00 PM 24 (premieres Jan. 15 & 16, all originals all season)

TUESDAYS
8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL (premieres Jan. 17)
9:00-10:00 PM HOUSE

WEDNESDAYS
8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL Audition Episodes (premieres Jan. 18)
9:00-10:00 PM BONES (as of Jan. 25)

THURSDAYS
8:00-9:00 PM THE O.C.
9:00-9:30 PM THAT '70s SHOW (as of March 2)
9:30-10:00 PM STACKED (as of March 2)

FRIDAYS
8:00-8:30 PM THE BERNIE MAC SHOW
8:30-9:00 PM MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE
9:00-10:00 PM TRADING SPOUSES: MEET YOUR NEW MOMMY (as of Jan. 6)

[EDITOR'S NOTE: KILLER INSTINCT will have its last airing Dec. 2.]

SATURDAYS
8:00-8:30 PM COPS
8:30-9:00 PM COPS
9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S MOST WANTED: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK
11:00 PM-12:00 AM MADtv

SUNDAYS 7:00-7:30 PM FOX COMEDY WHEEL (Encores of FOX comedies)
7:30-8:00 PM KING OF THE HILL
8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS
8:30-9:00 PM THE WAR AT HOME
9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY
9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD
Old 11-30-05, 10:39 PM

Bones vs Lost??? That seems like a dumb move even for Fox.
Old 11-30-05, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Skating with Celebs? Gak!
Old 11-30-05, 10:40 PM

Good Thursday lineup
Old 11-30-05, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, it isn't Bones vs Lost. It's Bones vs Criminal Minds. Lost is a completely different genre. Criminal Minds is drawing the exact same audience Bones brings in. Only difference, it's thrived against extremely difficult competition and thus I think most would agree it's considered a pretty decent quality crime-drama. Bones, on the other hand, has struggled. Now while it's up against NCIS currently, NCIS is almost more comedy than drama sometimes. Criminal Minds is going to bury Bones. And Lost will just help throw dirt on the coffin. Which pisses me off, since I love Bones.

Other than Bones and That 70's Show/Stacked on Thursday nights (How absurd is it to put two comedies barely making it in a pretty non-competitive time-slot in the most competitive time-slot on TV?), it's a good line-up if not a good schedule.

Seriously though, the Thursday 9pm move is even more crazy than Bones. Stick the comedies on 9pm Friday, paired up with Malcolm/Bernie Mac. Comedies can thrive on Fridays, see the old days of TGIF. Thursday's at 9pm, paired up with The OC? Crazy. Fox is lucky they have managed to pick up some extremely good shows, because obviously the people doing their scheduling need to find another line of work. Take three shows barely making it this season and guarantee they won't last to February. Either moronic scheduling or Fox just wants a reason to dump the three shows.
Old 11-30-05, 11:45 PM

The post-American Idol slot helped House out a lot, I guess that is what they are trying to do with Bones on Wednesdays?

I am glad they aren't moving House like they were originally going to.

What I want to know is, why don't they air Prison Break now while there interest is high and save the Skating show until March? Unless of course, the skating is outdoors and they are worried the celebrities will drown.
Old 11-30-05, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
What I want to know is, why don't they air Prison Break now while there interest is high and save the Skating show until March? Unless of course, the skating is outdoors and they are worried the celebrities will drown.
I don't think they have started filming the rest of the episodes yet thus the delay until March. Only 13 episodes were filmed initially.
Old 12-01-05, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I don't think they have started filming the rest of the episodes yet thus the delay until March. Only 13 episodes were filmed initially.
Yes, they have. They're already 3 episodes into the back nine, which is how they got the 'coming soon on Prison Break' montage at the end of the "Fall finale".
Old 12-01-05, 12:19 AM

Yeah, I figured it was like most series that they film as they go. I would imagine by January they would have even more in the can.

This was originally supposed to be a regular 2005-2006 series, but they just didn't have a place in the schedule midseason due to American Idol and 24 returning.
Old 12-01-05, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Unless of course, the skating is outdoors and they are worried the celebrities will drown.
Now, THERE'S a show I would....tivo.
Old 12-01-05, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Christ - thank God they got Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential off the schedule to clear the way for American Idol, skating celebrities and wife swapping.
Old 12-01-05, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Draven
Christ - thank God they got Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential off the schedule to clear the way for American Idol, skating celebrities and wife swapping.
Amen, brother! I was wondering how long it'd be before I could see C & D-list celebrities figure skating. My questions have been answered.
Old 12-01-05, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What about the remaining season of Arrested Development? They are giving us 13 episodes and I want to see 13 episodes, dammit!!!
Old 12-01-05, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by calhoun07
What about the remaining season of Arrested Development? They are giving us 13 episodes and I want to see 13 episodes, dammit!!!
Maybe stick 'em somewhere in the Sunday Comedy Wheel? Who knows. I was wondering how long it would be before someone whines about AD.
Old 12-01-05, 02:08 AM

Man they ditched arrested development for skating with the celebs? are you kidding me.
To bad its only re-runs of prison break before 24. That would be a pretty nice lineup, prison break then 24. Like tuesday, american idol and house. Wed ill stick around for AI then head off to lost.
Old 12-01-05, 03:34 AM

Whined about AD?

OKay...
Old 12-01-05, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like I'm not watching very much Fox next year.
Old 12-01-05, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Fuck Fox!
Old 12-01-05, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by Hubcap
Man they ditched arrested development for skating with the celebs? are you kidding me.

Sadly, that will actually get more ratings than Arrested Development.

As for the remaining episodes after december. I wouldn't hold your breath as to seeing them till the eventual DVD shows up.
Old 12-01-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lateralus
Looks like I'm not watching very much Fox next year.

They make it so easy don't they. I do not even have to picket them for AD, they pretty much do it for me.
Old 12-01-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm willing to bet that any unaired eps of AD after december will never see the airwaves...because that will make the DVD demand THAT much bigger... I can see the marketing now: "AD Season 3 dvd set with 4 Unaired must see episodes!"

Fuck Fox. At least they wised up and are bringing Prison Break back in March... I tell you, that 2 hour block on Mondays of Prison Break and 24 is going to be one of the best 2 hours on any network on any night.

MATT

still sad about AD...will I ever get over it? Probably not.
Old 12-01-05, 10:29 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hubcap
To bad its only re-runs of prison break before 24. That would be a pretty nice lineup, prison break then 24.
Only for one week, when they encore the fall finale. After that it's all new episodes.

Originally Posted by calhoun07
They've already aired 5 of them, and there are 6 Mondays left until 24's two hour premiere kicks off the new lineup for that night. Plus Killer Instinct's last episode is supposedly tomorrow, and Trading Spouses isn't set to take over that Friday spot until January. So there's another place they may stuff AD (and KC) until then.

As for the lineup...
- Once Prison Break returns, I'm loving that pair on Monday. Although it'll be a lot for my logical reasoning sensors to ignore in one night.
- They flinched with Tuesday. I wonder why they decided to stick with the "sure thing" in the Idol/House combo? Is it just because they otherwise had no place for House with Prison Break returning, and didn't want to risk putting House up on Wednesday? I suppose that makes sense, not destroying your big hit for the sake of a maybe hit.
- On Wednesday they should flip Idol and Bones around. Does this mean they aren't doing half hour results shows anymore? I hate all the filler, but I understand it from Fox's p.o.v.
- Thursday is a logical place for those comedies, although it's also a sign that Fox considers them dead weight at this point. 70s Show is a shell of its past self and long ago cleared the episode count for syndication. And Stacked really has no shot of making it to syndication.
Old 12-01-05, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

24 is the only show I'll be watching.