Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lucy, Daughter of the Devil...is this supposed to be funny?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-31-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hardly ever watch Adult Swim except when new episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force are on, but I just caught part of this new show called "Lucy, Daughter of the Devil" and all I can say is WTF? This show is supposed to be a comedy, right? In one scene, a pilot of an airplane gets possessed by a demon and crashes a passenger plane (Flight 666, get it? It's a joke!) into the ocean. Then in the next scene, Lucy's boyfriend gets hypnotized by the Devil's dog and then carves a pentagram on his chest then jumps out the window, to his death we assume since a fountain of blood squirts up. This is all played for laughs apparently. I can understand extreme violence being used as a comedic device, but maybe you ought to try a joke every once in a while if you're going for a comedy. The only thing funny about it is that someone thought this was a good idea.
Old 10-31-05, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was funny , a whole shit ton better than 12 oz. Mouse and Squidbillies. H. Jon was good as Satan. They had more commercials for Boondocks and now it is starting to look funnier despite the akward animation. I love the comics. Then again, I am a guy who thinks that Super Milk Chan is awesome.
Old 10-31-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why can't they just make new episodes of Harvey Birdman. Sealab, ATHF, and Robot Chicken? Oh and the Venture Brothers? Remember that one? I hardly do because they havent had a new episode of that fantastic show in 2 years. All these new shows they come up with are steaming piles. I swear 12oz mouse was made to piss me off.
Old 10-31-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I like Lucy. Satan trying out new acronyms was great.

A.C.? Air Conditioning? Oh. Anti Christ. I shoulda known that.

D
Old 10-03-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is a great show. What's not funny about a devil tumor having sex with a skeleton lady.
Old 10-03-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm just surprised that it was almost 2 years ago this show first aired. Man, those 2 years went by fast.
Old 10-03-07, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
What's not funny about a devil tumor having sex with a skeleton lady.
Umm...everything?
Old 09-19-08, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just watched a few episodes of this show for the first time and I have to say I love it. Awesome characters and really funny dialogue. The only thing I dislike is the running time. You get into it and a few minutes later, it's over.
Old 09-20-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov View Post
I hardly ever watch Adult Swim except when new episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force are on, but I just caught part of this new show called "Lucy, Daughter of the Devil" and all I can say is WTF? This show is supposed to be a comedy, right? In one scene, a pilot of an airplane gets possessed by a demon and crashes a passenger plane (Flight 666, get it? It's a joke!) into the ocean. Then in the next scene, Lucy's boyfriend gets hypnotized by the Devil's dog and then carves a pentagram on his chest then jumps out the window, to his death we assume since a fountain of blood squirts up. This is all played for laughs apparently. I can understand extreme violence being used as a comedic device, but maybe you ought to try a joke every once in a while if you're going for a comedy. The only thing funny about it is that someone thought this was a good idea.
It's all subjective dude. I fucking hate ATHF. See, I can't even bring myself to type out the full name. And even though I know Squidbillies is incredibly stupid, I can't seem to look away.
Old 09-20-08, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joefrog91 View Post
It's all subjective dude. I fucking hate ATHF. See, I can't even bring myself to type out the full name. And even though I know Squidbillies is incredibly stupid, I can't seem to look away.
Master Shake. He is talking Shake named Master Shake. The funny is right there.

Squidbillies I just don't get. I tried but couldn't get into it. Maybe if it had a talking pie.