Smallville -- "Hidden" -- 10/13/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville -- "Hidden" -- 10/13/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by marty888
One of those "farm boy gets laid in the barn" episodes .... at last!
speaking of which. anyone else feel his parents' outrage was a little over the top?
Old 10-14-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
they kill chloe and I'll stop watching
While I agree it would be almost devastating to my enjoyment of the show, I don't think I would stop watching. This season has just been too good so far. Even though Chloe is my favorite character on the show, I just couldn't walk away.
Old 10-14-05, 06:50 PM
Jae
Cool New Member

will someone give me a quick overview of yesterday's shoe? i missed it, and now i'm freaking out
Old 10-14-05, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It was about a size 13, EEE.
Old 10-14-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
speaking of which. anyone else feel his parents' outrage was a little over the top?
His Father's was. His mother was kinda happy.

I think people like Chloe more since she stopped obsessing every week (from a far) over Clark.
Old 10-14-05, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought it appropriately matched their characters. Jonathan has always been a little overprotective of Clark (regardless of his powers). Plus, I would be willing to bet there are still fathers around who wouldn't be too happy about seeing their son try to sneak a girl out of the house in the morning.

Besides, given the events of the episode, that rage didn't last very long.
Old 10-14-05, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Good episode. So does this mean that Clark can't bang Lana anymore? That should be an interesting conversation. I guess he could always go by old standby: "it's not you, it's me." That would at least be the truth.
Or he could tell her the truth, then get himself off in front of her and she will realize what he's saying when his wad knocks a hole in the silo.
Old 10-14-05, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ytrez

I'm really tired of the old "I can't tell Lana my secret" drivel. They've been doing this for years in comics and superhero movies (Spider-Man ring any bells) and it is just old. He's 2 for 2 with friends accepting him. The only thing the writers have going for them is if they play up his fear of losing or hurting Lana over the fact that the meteor storm that heralded his coming to earth killed her parents. Other than that the excuse just doesn't hold up (and even then just tenuously. I'm c'mon love conquers all, doesn't it???)
I haven't picked up a Superman comic in over 15 years, but I did watch the animated series Bruce Timm put out, and I always thought that Lana was the only one who knew his secret in the continuity of things. Until he married Lois, anyway.
Old 10-14-05, 08:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jae
will someone give me a quick overview of yesterday's shoe? i missed it, and now i'm freaking out
Clark and Lana did it and fell asleep. They wake up and are then caught by Clark's parents when trying to escape. Johnathan's angry. Martha is surprsingly supportive and tries to play it off like it's no big deal, because the situation is awkward. A Crazy guy threatens to blow up Smallville with giant missle to stop more meteor freaks from forming (his motivation is that his Dad turned into one and requested that he kill him). The only person he tells is Chloe so she'll get out of town. Clark is shot later by the crazy guy when him and Chloe try to persuade the guy to change his mind. Clark dies on the operating table infront of Lana.

Lionel, possessed by the spirit of Jor-El, breaks out of his cell and takes Clark. He gives him back his life and his powers. In exchange for his life force being returned someone he loves must have theirs taken. Clark hitches a ride on the large missle from the ground after it's launched. As the missle continues to rise higher and higher Clark scales the missle by digging holes with his hands. He digs out the explosive device and throws it. The device explodes. Clark returns home looking like a cartoon character who was in an explosion with holes in his shirt and black marks on his face.

He shows up at home and surprises his parents and then Lana (who all thought he was dead). It appears that Clark realizes he must end his relationship with Lana yet again and he is NOT happy about being super again. Chloe thinks he should tell Lana, but Clark says he can't risk it.

How he will explain his ressurrection and his condition (looking like he was in an explosion. ) to Lana after being pronounced dead is beyond me, but I want to hear it so I can see if Lana is gullible enough to buy it. lol.

Also, Lionel is back to normal and has no memory of being possessed. Lex is suspicious of Clark again and basically tells a defensive Lana that she should be too.
Old 10-14-05, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No, I would have been upset if my son or daughter did that. Man, I am upset they had Superman doing that, talk about rewriting Superman history.
Old 10-15-05, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Terrell
I don't see how, considering he's been advertised all over the frickin' place. You'd have to be blind, dumb, deaf, or just not a Smallville fan not to know. Hell, even people in this very thread have mentioned him by name. Whatever!
Gotta agree with Terrel on that one. If anyone is coming here to read these posts, then we gotta assume you watch the show, and thus that you KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. If you don't, then perhaps it would be a good idea to avoid threads on shows you haven't seen yet.

The whole reason we post here is to disscuss what we've watched. If you haven't watched, then you should know better than to read ANYTHING before you do, or deal with the consequences without whining about it.

And if you have watched the show, then you should know what's coming the following week, because they TELL YOU AT THE END OF EVERY EPISODE! It's called 'next week's preview'.

Last edited by Rocketdog2000; 10-15-05 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-15-05, 12:07 AM
Suspended

Isn't this the last season of Smallville?
I guess I will make this a spoiler since people are whining so much about whats going on in the future of Smallville.

Spoiler:
No, the creators have said 6 seasons with the possability of a 7th if the cast/creators want to do it, and the show can still grow and well be good.
Old 10-15-05, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
Gotta agree with Terrel on that one. If anyone is coming here to read these posts, then we gotta assume you watch the show, and thus that you KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. If you don't, then perhaps it would be a good idea to avoid threads on shows you haven't seen yet.

The whole reason we post here is to disscuss what we've watched. If you haven't watched, then you should know better than to read ANYTHING before you do, or deal with the consequences without whining about it.

And if you have watched the show, then you should know what's coming the following week, because they TELL YOU AT THE END OF EVERY EPISODE! It's called 'next week's preview'.
Uh, I did watch the show, and enjoy conversation about the current show. I don', however, appreciate it when information from future episodes is released. Call me a whiner all you want to, I could care less about what you think. I am in the right, though. There are certain rules/guidelines for the forum that are meant to be followed. One of them specifically dealing with this.
Old 10-15-05, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,104 Likes on 800 Posts
I have watched every episode of Smallville and I have never once watched the previews for the next week's episode.
I accomplish this by watching the show until the Executive Producer credits appear... and then I stop watching.
I know this sounds like a very complicated way to watch TV, but (believe it or not) I don't just do it with Smallville, I do it with Lost, Nip/Tuck, Veronica Mars.
Old 10-15-05, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
I have watched every episode of Smallville and I have never once watched the previews for the next week's episode.
I accomplish this by watching the show until the Executive Producer credits appear... and then I stop watching.
I know this sounds like a very complicated way to watch TV, but (believe it or not) I don't just do it with Smallville, I do it with Lost, Nip/Tuck, Veronica Mars.
You and me both Dooku, though I don't make a note of which credit I see. If it is a show with a skit at the end I watch to the end of that, if it doesn't, then I watch until the first credit and hit the head.
Old 10-15-05, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
Or, they could kill off Lois, and have Chloe "become" her (since she already writes under the "Lois Lane" pen name).
But...

Chloe said last season her 'first time' was with Jimmy freakin Olson.

That's so gross.
Old 10-15-05, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't make a note of which credit I see.
I'm just saying that when the story is over, I'm done.
Rocketdog2000's post makes it sound like such a thing is unbelievable.
Old 10-15-05, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Yeah, only to have the WB show previews for the episode about to be shown immediately before it starts...
Old 10-15-05, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't like previews either and try not to watch them.

The reason that the preview desciption at the top of each episode thread is blacked out is because it dimminish the initial surprise of what the show is all about and could ruin that small element for some people. I would think it would be even more important when discussing the next weeks episode on the current weeks thread.
Old 10-15-05, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 279 Likes on 175 Posts
Old 10-15-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not unbelievable - but realistic. If you don't watch the WHOLE show, and that would include the credits and next week's preview, than I think you're more among the minority. Plus the fact that they'll be airing them for the entire next week, means you'll likely see the preview at some point. Regardless, next week, is hardly 'weeks into the future', it's one epsiode.

But hey, I pretty much know what's going to happen through most of this season, and have I mentioned any of it? NO. Nore would I. But I don't believe mentioning what was shown in the preview for next week is a spoiler - because at that point, it's been aired, and the cat's no longer in the bag. If you chose not to watch it, that's your fault. Most of us did, however, so to mention it is fair game.

It's not like anyone went into great detail or anything, they just mentioned a characters name, that's it. Same thing that happend the first time someone got all in a tizzy over this. They made an assumption about wether or not a certain charcter was going to appear on an upcoming epsidoe. They did NOT state it as a fact. And half the talk here is based on assumption of what's going to happen, or what people would like to see happen.

I'm just saying that if you really don't want to know anything, then you shouldn't be prowling around on message borads where you might see something you didn't want to know in the first place. Chances are you MAY read something you didn't want to, but really, you've got no one to blame but your own self.

Last edited by Rocketdog2000; 10-15-05 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-15-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Rcoketdog, you've been here for a month, and no matter what you think there are guidelines for this forum. If you want to read them click the tv talk link at the top of this page and you can find them at the top of the next one. Read the threads. Even if you think you're in the right, you aren't.
Old 10-15-05, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rocketdog2000 wrote
I'm just saying that if you really don't want to know anything, then you shouldn't be prowling around on message borads where you might see something you didn't want to know in the first place. Chances are you MAY read something you didn't want to, but really, you've got no one to blame but your own self.
I balance my interest in hearing what other viewers of the show have to say against the chances of being spoiled, and I do my "prowling" on a moderated board with rules about spoiling.

Daniel-A wrote
you've been here for a month, and no matter what you think there are guidelines for this forum. If you want to read them click the tv talk link at the top of this page and you can find them at the top of the next one. Read the threads. Even if you think you're in the right, you aren't.
Old 10-15-05, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is the first episode I've seen not on dvd. I wonder if Clark will eventually tell his parents. If he does, his dad might sacrifice himself.
Old 10-15-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Rcoketdog, you've been here for a month, and no matter what you think there are guidelines for this forum. If you want to read them click the tv talk link at the top of this page and you can find them at the top of the next one. Read the threads. Even if you think you're in the right, you aren't.

Never claimed to be "right", just presenting a differing opinion than your's.

Still don't believe it's "spioling'. It's no different than seeing a movie preview, or when a radio annoucer tells you what songs are coming up next. Spoilers are when you give away major plot points or other such pertinent information. No one's done that here - most of all, ME. Yet you're acting like I have, when all I did was back up someone else's opinion, that was similar to mine. The couple people who DID mention what you seem to consider a spoiler - which was really, again, only a couple of charcters names, and speculation on wether or not they would be in an upcoming epsiode - also happened to be Senior and Platinum Edition members.

So I've only been posting a month, doesn't mean I haven't been reading the boards for longer. There are plenty of people in other threads doing much more for what I would consider "spoiling" than has occured here - yet I don't see you flying off the handle at them.

No matter the guide lines, I believe you're in the minority. There's been only 4 out of 40 odd people who have posted in this thread who said they don't watch the following week's previews. And to be honest, yes, I've never encountered people getting in such a stir over it the way you have and Dooku have. On top of that, there were 31 posts before a single person complained about it.

But again, I'm just offering an opinion, and haven't given any kind of spoiler's away to anyone. If someone asks, I usually point them in a direction where they can find them, but that's about it.

You guys are the ones making a mountain out a mole hill. I'm just calling you on it. You guys need to seriously think about where you're directing your anger, and why. It's just a TV show, after all. We'll just have to agree to disagree, cause it's not about "right" or "wrong" - just differences of opinion.

That's the last I'm saying on it - as I've wasted far too much time on it as it is.

Last edited by Rocketdog2000; 10-15-05 at 10:24 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.