DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Smallville -- "Hidden" -- 10/13/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/441363-smallville-hidden-10-13-05-a.html)

LorenzoL 10-13-05 04:37 AM

Smallville -- "Hidden" -- 10/13/05

"Hidden"
Spoiler:
Gabriel (Johnny Lewis) warns Chloe that he is going to set off a missile and obliterate all of Smallville.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance, Johnny Lewis.
Director(s): Whitney Ransick.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Brian Peterson, Kelly Souders.

Original Airdate: October 13, 2005.

Shannon Nutt 10-13-05 07:15 PM

Great Ceasar's Ghost! Just how FAST did the Kents re-build their farmhouse?!
:lol:

I did enjoy the opening scene where his parents caught him with Lana...that's the kind of stuff that was missing from last season.

I'm wondering if Jonathan will cut a deal with Jor-El...trading his life for Clark's.

ATX 10-13-05 07:27 PM

Narrarator - "If your just joining us... Clark Kent has been shot!" :lol

this has to be the funniest shit i've seen on Smallville in a long time, such a dramatic scene

ATX 10-13-05 07:31 PM

on the bright side. at least he got some before he dies

perhaps he's being reborn again

Shannon Nutt 10-13-05 07:47 PM

I supposed it's too much to hope for that they'll kill off Lana. John Schnieder is one of the lynchpins of the show...I really don't know how much longer I would watch if they kill him off. Hopefully the producers will have us THINKING it's going to be Pa Kent - and do something different, like killing off Ma Kent!

Bluebomber 10-13-05 07:48 PM

Pa Kent's days are numbered

Edit: Now killing off Ma Kent would be a huge shock

mikehunt 10-13-05 08:07 PM

so did luthor/jor-el say someone would die because for clark to come back or something?
friend was on the phone during the scene in the fortress

Bluebomber 10-13-05 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
so did luthor/jor-el say someone would die because for clark to come back or something?

Yes, the life force he was given to revive had to be taken from someone else close to him soon.

Shannon Nutt 10-13-05 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt

Some mumbo jumbo about since Jor-El rejuvinated his body, Clark would have to lose "someone he loved". So it's Lana, Chloe, Pa or Ma - since we know they can't kill off Lois or Lex. Maybe they'll bring Pete back just to kill him. :)

ATX 10-13-05 08:17 PM

i vote to kill off Lana

we no longer have any use for her on the show

man, these writers suck so bad... next week Aquaman!

corny ass writers, don't know why i continue to watch

Flay 10-13-05 08:26 PM

Cool episode. It's nice not having to see a FOTW every week so far. I also love the Lex/Clark animosity. I hope they can keep it up all season and toss in some supervillians.

Aquaman will be fun next week.

marty888 10-13-05 08:36 PM

One of those <i>"farm boy gets laid in the barn</i>" episodes .... at last!

Good show ... so far, the season has been consistently satisfying.

Orbi-Wan Techno 10-13-05 09:06 PM

During one of the intersessionals, they showed all the main characters - except Jonathan Kent.

Patman 10-13-05 09:15 PM

To paraphrase Kermit: "It ain't easy being super."

The writers seem to really drive the point home that Lex can't ever entertain the idea that Superman is Clark Kent (in the future) due to Clark's bout with humanity these past couple of episodes.

Who knew Clark's angst could get amped up another few notches, and the stakes are getting higher for him as the mere presence of his powers being the constant reminder of the price he will eventually have to pay to enter into adulthood with even more self-imposed responsibilities to use his powers for good.

Rogue588 10-13-05 09:15 PM

:wave: Buh-bye Chloe!

[though, they could bring back Pete for one ep and then kill him...]

Iron_Giant 10-13-05 10:40 PM

I loved the show tonight, had some cool, touching and powerful sceens.

This season budget seems to be really high, great sets and lots of FX.

fumanstan 10-13-05 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
:wave: Buh-bye Chloe!

I hope so :up:

Silly Burrito 10-13-05 11:25 PM

Actually, I think Krypto's a goner! :)

RogueScribner 10-13-05 11:27 PM

Good ep. I could have sworn they advertised Brainiac for this week's ep, but I guess I was wrong. Chloe is so dead. Unless it's Lana. It's definitely one of the two, but probably Chloe since she knows Clark's secret and is gonna have to die soon anyway.

PopcornTreeCt 10-13-05 11:37 PM

I'd prefer Lana die to Chloe.

Rogue588 10-13-05 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I'd prefer Lana die to Chloe.

Don't get my sarcastic sayonara wrong, I feel the exact same way. Unfortunately, that'd be a HUGE slap in the face to DC continuity if they killed Lana, so I don't see that happening.

Bronkster 10-13-05 11:58 PM

Maybe it'll be Jor-el himself that "dies"! He did say it would be someone Clark loved, and then said "I love you" to him. This way, none of the regular cast is affected and Clark has to continue the merry road to Supermanhood without Jor-el's guidance (or interference). Never mind that Jor-el is already techniaclly dead. Details. :nopanic:

DRG 10-13-05 11:59 PM

I'm guessing they'll pull some sort of fast one on us. Sure, someone will get killed, but then they'll get magically un-killed somehow.

If they really do kill someone, I don't know who it would be.

Chloe has already been sorta killed (in the season 3 finale), so that shocker is unlikely. I'd actually be pissed if they did her in because she's probably the most useful of the "friends" to the storyline... at least until they start getting serious about using Lois.
Speaking of Lois, it's too early to kill her off.

Lana, however, is pretty much useless to the story at this point... especially now that Clark has nailed her. The chase is over, and she doesn't add anything except "love interest". Besides, killing her would create the best dramatic tension. It would also finally allow the show to start easing into Clark + Lois territory.

Then we have the Kents... Jonathan is the obvious choice, but the worst for the show. Martha without Jonathan is dullsville. Jonathan without Martha, on the other hand, equals vengeance and drama.

Patman 10-14-05 12:01 AM

Or, they could kill off Lois, and have Chloe "become" her (since she already writes under the "Lois Lane" pen name).

calhoun07 10-14-05 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bluebomber
Yes, the life force he was given to revive had to be taken from someone else close to him soon.

If I was Clark, I'd be like, "Uh....OK, then...PETE!"