Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Why do People Hate CSI NY?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-12-05, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understad it, why do people hate CSI NY, it seems much more of a quality show than CSI Miami and it lacks a certain Mr Caruso, so that's a big plus in my book. Also I like Gary Sinise as the main lead.
Old 10-12-05, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't say I've seen enough of them to comment completely. The few I've seen have been overly dark and depressing.

I enjoy Miami for the camp factor and the fact it is one of the best looking drama show HD presentations.
Old 10-12-05, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Its boring and its character are walking stereotypes. Then again I dont like Miami either. I just stick to the original.

but yeah Sinise > Caruso any day of the week.
Old 10-12-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Because it's so blue! It's bluer than this website in XP.
Of course, Miami is too orange/yellow for my tastes.

At least the original is shot sans-filters (for the most part).
Old 10-12-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldn't say I hate it. I just don't care for it. I don't like Miami either. I don't like the characters in either of them. The only attraction of CSI Miami to me is that it is most brilliant looking show in Hi Def on television. I watched the first couple eps of CSI NY and 1) didn't like the colors and presentation (way too dark), 2) didn't care for the characters, and 3) didn't like that it wasn't authentic NY like Law & Order.

CSI Vegas is the only one I watch.
Old 10-12-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Where do they film it? California?
Old 10-12-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess I'm one of the few peopel that actually enjoy it. They've brightened it up this season and hopefully we'll get more background info on the characters so I'll keep watching.
Old 10-12-05, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't like the female lead.
Old 10-12-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They ditched the blue tint thing pretty early in the first season from what I recall. Also, season two had a slight "redo" to it where IMO it's more like Miami.
Old 10-12-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dgmayor
They ditched the blue tint thing pretty early in the first season from what I recall. Also, season two had a slight "redo" to it where IMO it's more like Miami.
New York: It couldn't have been too early b/c I gave up around episode 6-8. Too dark, depressing and boring characters. I don't hate it, just don't care for it. The previews for the new season did look intriguing though. Is it already back on? I may have to give it another shot.

Miami: I like Caruso's character, but there is zero chemistry between the rest of the cast. I'm not a fan of the camp factor on such a dramatic show. It does look hella sweet in HD though. Definitely one of the best on tv. I only watch if I happen to be sitting in front of the tube at that time when it comes on. i.e. rarely.

Vegas: I just stick to this one. Characters I know and love. They have great chemistry. The cases aren't overly cheesy or depressing, kind of a middle line. Plus the show mixes it up pretty good with day/night scenes so it isn't dark all the time. Tivo this weekly.
Old 10-12-05, 05:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't watch it because 3 CSI's is simply too much (let alone 2). I like the original well, because it's the original and has the strongest set of characters and I like Miami for its over-the-top approach.
Old 10-12-05, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Fanboy
Because it's so blue! It's bluer than this website in XP.
Of course, Miami is too orange/yellow for my tastes.

At least the original is shot sans-filters (for the most part).

Its not blue anymore it looks kind of normal.
Old 10-12-05, 07:54 PM

I think that it is way better than CSI Miami. As an avid watcher of all three I can say that it is tough to stay fresh. Sinese isn't nearly as dramatic as Caruso.
Old 10-12-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate it by default. I watched the first episode of the first series and couldn't stand it. That's the last CSI I've ever seen.

Is that really being fair? I guess not. But I'm ok with that.
Old 10-12-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
although I kept forgetting to tape it last season and had to get it through other means a day or two later, I like NY better than Miami
although at least miami killed off one of the 2 guys that were just clones of each other so that there is some character differences
Old 10-12-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have suffered through last season, and have the soon to be 3 episodes on my Tivo right now to watch, but I haven't started yet. The show just bugs me.
Old 10-12-05, 10:09 PM

Vegas is the best, hands down. I've watched a few of this season's Miami, but I just don't like Caruso. He always seems like he's trying to make his voice lower. Or maybe he always has a Pringle stuck in his throat, I have no idea.
Old 10-12-05, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I should be getting the 1st season set on DVD in about a week so i will let you know why I hate it then.
Old 10-13-05, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Two words: Gary Sinise.
Old 10-13-05, 10:47 AM

I hated the first episode but went back and watched the season over the summer. I like it now. It is way better than Caruso's cliche one liners, cocked head, and dollar store shades. I hated the blue filters but those are gone. The show is not as character-centric as the original but the stories are still interesting.
Old 10-13-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mikehunt
at least miami killed off one of the 2 guys that were just clones of each other so that there is some character differences
That was a problem for me. Two identical characters who even looked similar. That was annoying.
Old 10-13-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Two words: Gary Sinise.
No, no, the question is why people hate it, not why they should like it.

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Vegas: I just stick to this one. Characters I know and love. They have great chemistry. The cases aren't overly cheesy or depressing, kind of a middle line. Plus the show mixes it up pretty good with day/night scenes so it isn't dark all the time. Tivo this weekly.
As someone that has just started watching CSI (almost done with season 1) this is something that I don't understand - they're supposed to be the graveyard shift. That means they work at night. Isn't it an indication of very bad writing / editing to have them working during the day? I mean, working inside on a case they caught or revisiting the scene during the day is one thing, but why are they catching new cases during the day? That's the job of the day shift.
Old 10-13-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

It is probably a 12 hour shift. Something like 6 pm - 6 am. That is the way I see it anyway.
Old 10-13-05, 12:45 PM

I don't like any of the CSI shows. Boring.
Old 10-13-05, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I should be getting the 1st season set on DVD in about a week so i will let you know why I hate it then.
Hahaha...I might do the same if I can find a good deal on it although I prefer watching only CSI:Vegas (the original)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.