Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition -- "I Don't Kiss, I Make Out" -- 10/11/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be eliminated?
Team Aiello
14.29%
Team Bransen
9.52%
Team Gaghan
4.76%
Team Godlewski
0%
Team Linz
4.76%
Team Paolo
61.90%
Team Schroeder
0%
Team Weaver
0%
Non Elimination
0%
twikoff
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition -- "I Don't Kiss, I Make Out" -- 10/11/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-05, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GuessWho
That would be lying -- and I don't think Jesus likes lying
I know everything that woman says is "Please Jesus" this and "Thank You Jesus" that. I mean I feel awful that she lot her husband and everything, but it's a little overkill.
Old 10-12-05, 12:19 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
So close with the gaghan!s dammit.. almost got my wish
Old 10-12-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Bwahahahaha! I never, ever, EVER thought I'd see a WAFFLE HOUSE on The Amazing Race! I hope they got their hashbrowns scattered, covered, and chunked.

It was great seeing SC shown (Charleston atleast).

And the Waffle House? HELL YEAH! I'll always remember me and 20 of my friends going for our WH visits at 3 AM on Sunday mornings ordering hashbrowns, steak & eggs, and waffles.
Old 10-12-05, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 453 Likes on 311 Posts
"I hate wide loads"
"Wide loads are the worst!"

The brothers' wisecracks are the funniest part to me. It reminds me of the two goofy, fun-loving brothers from last season. The rest of this race is a snoozefest. I mean, what hell kind of "challenge" was the centrifuge? The challenge was who can get in line first. Boring!

I second JasonF's question. Where did "I Don't Kiss, I Make Out" come from?
Old 10-12-05, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't hear that quote either.

Anytime anyone asks me about an episode this year, I always give the same answer - "It was okay". Nothing has been truly great this season.

Fine with the Aiello's getting booted. I don't really know any of them anyway, which is one of the main problems I am having with this season. Too hard to get to know the racers.
Old 10-12-05, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Worst. Road. Block. Ever.

Next week should provide some interesting drama given a certain team's history.
Old 10-12-05, 08:41 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
I don't remember hearing the title quotation. Who said it and when?
I was wondering the same thing. From time to time, this happens (the scene with the line in question gets cut, but the title never changes).

I just hope it wasn't Carissa Gaghan!
Old 10-12-05, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts
That may have been the worst episode ever. Anytime the outcome is determined by the order they get to a roadblock (or whatever the space trainer was) is weak. They tried to make it look close but I wasn't buying it for a second.

The Weavers were not annoying me until last nite. It seems they are going out of their way to be obnoxious.
Old 10-12-05, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I, too, was hoping someone here would know who said the title line. I ended up watching it twice and I still didn't hear it. Oh well. At least the second time around I got to hear one of the Godlewski sisters read the Road Block as "Who wants to pull more than three G.I.'s?" That was good.
Old 10-12-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
and one of the godlewski's thought a hangar WAS a plane, not where they keep planes. hilarious.

If anything, this should have been a non-elimination leg. Basing the roadbloack on a "first-come, first-serve" thing was just dumb, and really not fair (although, I know, this is not based on fairness). One of the best things about a roadblock is if one team member (or in this case, two) is struggling with it, the other teams could pass them. Not the case here. wait, wait, wait. no way to pass, and not a difficult roadblock. I'd be interested to see just how much of a gap was between each finish.

So what was the deal with the buses? Wouldn't all teams get off at once? The Bransens (dad and daughters) seemed to be off way before everyone else. maybe they were the only ones awake?

man, i hated the paolo's mom at first. so annoying and bitchy. But now it's easy to see that the cause of all the problems is their bitchy, whiny, older son. that guy is a just a waste of space. he's the one that starts the fights with the mom. someone needs to just say "whatever" and not continue the arguments.

That older son and the boy on the gaghans annoy me the most. "Can I have Carissa's Job?" "Carissa's not carrying anything!"

also, the line from the weaver mom about never flying had me rolling. "I've never done this before, so I need to be familiar with the airport". It's amazing the number of people that have never flown in a plane. I was on a flight a few weeks back with a woman in her forties that was scared to death because it was her first ever plane ride... i know people may never have the need to fly, but it was just odd.

and the schroeder step-mom butting in on her step-son's conversation with the other boy? Let the kids be kids.

that first prize was AWESOME. Much better than any trip you could go on.
Old 10-12-05, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts
I think someone, although I didn't catch exactly who it was, referred to Dulles airport as "Dulls" airport.
Old 10-12-05, 10:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
also, the line from the weaver mom about never flying had me rolling. "I've never done this before, so I need to be familiar with the airport".
What was really funny about that was how she was inadvertantly pissing off the other teams, who thought she was doing some Romber-style airport scheming.
Old 10-12-05, 10:20 AM

yeah, someone said "dulls" and someone else said "dull-ees". Think the godlewski's were one of them. They're not reversing any opinions about blondes.
Old 10-12-05, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
What exactly was the point in flying from Dules to Charleston? They could have driven there in less time once you factor in waiting all night for the plane.
Old 10-12-05, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by DRG
Too much bunching. The detour provided some drama (if only for the three teams that took the mud drive way) but it ultimately made no difference because of the bus schedules. Then to end on a task that is completely decided by what order you grab a number is pretty dull. The least exciting episode of the season so far.
Exactly. Probably the worst episode ever, worst roadblock ever at the very least. Roadblocks should be a challenge, not a freaking tourist ride. The fact that only one team could go at a time knowing four teams would show up at the same time is just so unbelievably lame. To top it all off we get the shameless AOL plug and the finishline a couple 100 yards away. Whoever came up with that roadblock should be fired immediately.

The "crazy" family doesn't seem to get out much. Between the Mom being intimidated by an airport and the daughters acting like morons, I don't know how much longer they'll last.

Now I'd like to know what the son-in-law team did wrong with the mud challenge. The Gaghans drove right through on the first damn try. WTF?
Old 10-12-05, 11:42 AM

i thought it could have had something to do with the weight in the car. Four grown men obviously weigh more than one man, a woman, and two small kids. Less weight in the jeep (especially in the back with the rear tires) would help you not get bogged down. unless i'm thinking about it wrong.

the two kids were also an advantage in the buggy-pulling thing... although the course was so long the adults got tired anyway.
Old 10-12-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i thought it could have had something to do with the weight in the car. Four grown men obviously weigh more than one man, a woman, and two small kids. Less weight in the jeep (especially in the back with the rear tires) would help you not get bogged down. unless i'm thinking about it wrong.

the two kids were also an advantage in the buggy-pulling thing... although the course was so long the adults got tired anyway.
Yes, I agree the kids weight has been a huge advantage for the Gaghans. Given the ease of the roadblock, no risk of being passed, I'm surprised they didn't put both kids in there. No need to use up one of dad's roadblocks with something that requires nothing. Of course I'm assuming they have a "No person can perform X Roadblocks over the course of the race" which I don't think I've heard yet.
Old 10-12-05, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
i could be completely wrong, but i think the title was said by the 3 brothers and sister when they were deheading shrimp (when the guy was holding up the shrimp). again, i could be wrong.

I'm pulling for the Gaghans. Folks, they're kids, their job is to whine. Thats what they do. Don't be so hard on them.
Old 10-12-05, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
Of course I'm assuming they have a "No person can perform X Roadblocks over the course of the race" which I don't think I've heard yet.
I was listening for that and he hasn't said it once this year, so i think its not a factor.
Old 10-12-05, 12:07 PM

yeah, i'll pull for them cause they're kids, nice to see them compete like adults. but that boy is just annoying, for other reasons besides the whining.
Old 10-12-05, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
i could be completely wrong, but i think the title was said by the 3 brothers and sister when they were deheading shrimp (when the guy was holding up the shrimp). again, i could be wrong.
You know....that does sort of ring a bell.

I'm like most everyone else who feels that the roadblock thing was lame. It's just really not an exciting season. It even seems like the shrimp or mud detour would have been more exciting in a foreign country. I miss seeing the third world countries with mopeds, donkeys, rickshaws, and cars sharing the same dirt covered street.
Old 10-12-05, 12:25 PM

I don't know anything about driving in mud like that, but you're probably right. I was thinking they should have given up as soon as the ladies did and try to beat them on the other detour. I'm glad they finally got through (if only to lose on the lame roadblock).
Old 10-12-05, 12:34 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
there was I'm sure some machismo going on, 4 guys in a jeep from Boston, damned if they are going to not drive through the mud. It cost them. was it 14 or 16 attempts to get through?
Old 10-12-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Old 10-12-05, 02:21 PM

i know it may be editing, but did the one son-in-law really do the first 16 attempts? If so, that's ridiculous. They should have switched it up before then.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.