DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition -- "I Don't Kiss, I Make Out" -- 10/11/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/441103-amazing-race-8-family-edition-i-dont-kiss-i-make-out-10-11-05-a.html)

LorenzoL 10-11-05 04:33 AM

The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition -- "I Don't Kiss, I Make Out" -- 10/11/05

"I Don't Kiss, I Make Out!"
Spoiler:
Teams are sent on a journey to a mystery location where they must perform a challenge that is out of this world.

Producer(s): Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram Van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Hayma Screech Washington.

Original Airdate: October 11, 2005.

LorenzoL 10-11-05 04:37 AM

I voted for the Bransen because of the Dad.

Ravenous 10-11-05 04:54 AM

I reaaaaalllly want this season to end already. I think Im gonna stop watching till the finale. These people just flat out suck. I dont even have a choice of a team to win.

Chew 10-11-05 06:04 AM

Another week, another Paolo vote.

mookiemeister 10-11-05 07:49 AM

I don't know who will be eliminated, but I'm picking Paolo family because they seem like a team that could easily get eliminated if they start arguing with each other instead of watching the road they are travelling.

pinata242 10-11-05 08:57 AM

Well Linz embarrassed me last week by going from worst to nearly first. They've shown me I was probably wrong. So I'm going with Paolo as well because they're just destined to self-destruct.

cdollaz 10-11-05 10:16 AM

I hope those Paolo bastards go.

Groucho 10-11-05 10:20 AM

I picked Paolo family.

However, there's an interesting clip of them on the website. The mom (who's portrayed as a whiny bitch on the show) is the only one who realizes that there may be another reflecting pool besides the famous one on the mall. Ultimately, she calmly convinces the rest of her team (over several minutes). It was an dynamic of the family not seen during the broadcast.

cdollaz 10-11-05 11:59 AM

I don't think of the mom as being the whiny bitch, I see the sons being the whiny bitches much more often than her.

Chew 10-11-05 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I don't think of the mom as being the whiny bitch, I see the sons being the whiny bitches much more often than her.

Sons? Older son, yes. I think the younger son only talked when answering a question from Phil last week.

BDB 10-11-05 01:01 PM

I'm sticking with Gaghan till they are gone!~!

Fok 10-11-05 03:36 PM

Tough choice since they all suck

Eric D. 10-11-05 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chew
Another week, another Paolo vote.

LOL same here!

BDB 10-11-05 05:57 PM

the paolos are popular!

garmonbozia 10-11-05 07:54 PM

Paolo

Merkin Muffley 10-11-05 08:46 PM

Bwahahahaha! I never, ever, EVER thought I'd see a WAFFLE HOUSE on The Amazing Race! I hope they got their hashbrowns scattered, covered, and chunked.

Eric D. 10-11-05 09:01 PM

There is no excitement this season! I for one whould have made myself throw up on the space road block just to slow down and gross out the teams behind me! Also can anyboy else stand the Godlewski's voices? Man they awful to listen to.

DRG 10-11-05 09:30 PM

Too much bunching. The detour provided some drama (if only for the three teams that took the mud drive way) but it ultimately made no difference because of the bus schedules. Then to end on a task that is completely decided by what order you grab a number is pretty dull. The least exciting episode of the season so far.

gnradd21 10-11-05 10:22 PM

I would seriously love to have the reward the first place team got.

rotfl at the Weaver mom doling out advice to her daughters in the Waffle House bathroom "From now on we act fake."

tommyp007 10-11-05 10:24 PM

Oddly, I was just in Charleston a few weeks ago and attended a wedding held in the Battery at the same gazebo. Lovely location.

JasonF 10-11-05 10:41 PM

I don't remember hearing the title quotation. Who said it and when?

Achtung 10-11-05 10:56 PM

Man, you'd think it'd be kind of cool that they keep visiting places I've lived, but... meh. First New York, then Huntsville. Not much of a final "race" to the pitstop. Been to that museum at least a dozen times, and they ran from the main indoor display area to the park area where the shuttle mockup is--maybe a couple hundred yards.

Man, what a sweet prize for the first-place team. Lifetime supply of gas? Figure if gas over the next 40 years averages $40 per tank (unlikely since we're already paying that much), and you fill up once a week, that's $83,200 worth per person.

Really surprised to see the Aiellos out, and Paolos still in there.

Tommy Ceez 10-11-05 11:09 PM

From the previews, it looks like there heading to

Spoiler:
Key West

next week

GuessWho 10-11-05 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by gnradd21
"From now on we act fake."

That would be lying -- and I don't think Jesus likes lying

lucasorion 10-12-05 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
That would be lying -- and I don't think Jesus likes lying

But when it is His favorite team doing it, and it may help them win (something He considers vitally important), I'm sure He gives them a pass.