Threshold -- "Shock" -- 10/07/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-05, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Threshold -- "Shock" -- 10/07/05

"Shock"
Spoiler:
Molly and the Red Team suspect one of the missing Big Horn crew members (Xaypani Baccam) is involved when a police officer dies during what should have been a routine arrest.

Cast: Carla Gugino, Charles S. Dutton, Brian van Holt, Robert Patrick Benedict, Brent Spiner, Peter Dinklage, Diane Venora, Viola Davis, Robert Wu, Joe Penny, Xaypani Baccam , Ronnie Warner, Jeremy Forte , Elizabeth Liang, Ammar Daraiseh, Joel Bryant, Terry Savage .
Director(s): Tim Matheson.
Producer(s): Brannon Braga, David Heyman, David Goyer.
Writer(s): Andre Bormanis.

Original Airdate: October 7, 2005.
Old 10-07-05, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
My longstanding crush on Carla Gugino aside, this ep will decide whether the show stays on my season pass or not.
Old 10-08-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I've finally given up on this series. I loved the pilot, but I haven't found much to like since then. This episode was more of the same: another infected person trying to find a way to send out the signal and they've got to stop him. Surface and Invasion remain on the "To-Watch" list, but this one is gone.
Old 10-08-05, 12:54 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
I think I've finally given up on this series. I loved the pilot, but I haven't found much to like since then. This episode was more of the same: another infected person trying to find a way to send out the signal and they've got to stop him. Surface and Invasion remain on the "To-Watch" list, but this one is gone.
I agree Threshold is toast for me. It is just not going anywhere. I like the "creature feature" effect of Surface and I think Invasion has potential still. I like Invasion's small town feel and family focus, the creepy body snatchers vibe is cool too. This wednesday's episode started to pick up the pace.
Old 10-08-05, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm only 10 minutes into it, and you guys echo my thoughts...this one is toast. It's just not interesting. Both Invasion and Surface have me interested, I could care less about these guys....
Old 10-08-05, 02:20 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I'm just about done as well.
Old 10-08-05, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by valkyrie
...this one is toast.
thinking of toast.. it looked like to me that on the spec op's guys put his leg up and rested in on the 3rd rail, no problem.. then a few seconds later of course the bad guy hits it and BZZZZZZZZZZ.. Not a big deal sep to be nitpicky about just a little whoops error.. Just funny in light of how important that 3rd rail was to this ep with the power and so on..

as for the show over all.. Carla is hot but geeeesh none of these stories are going anywhere... Over and over it's just the Threshold team going all RIAA/MPAA on some one looking to send out "a signal" of some sort.. It's almost like a joke propaganda film about no free broadcast of music or something..

I mean think about.. This ep might as well have been about a pirate radio station, last ep a bootleg tape everyone was after, ep before that a P2P or any other sort of internet upload... Previews for the next ep make it REALLY look like
Spoiler:
it's public broadcasting with out a group licence
I'm sure soon it will be aliens rolling around blues brothers style with a speaker on top of a car.

it's just getting really, really dumb.. I keep watching being I like the cast and I like the theme of alien bad guys over all but they really need move the story in some other direction then just "Oh no, there he is stop him, wait he got away, oh there he is, stop him."
Old 10-08-05, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
what's the deal with those guns? they shoot a "bullet" of electricity?
they aren't tasers, which have the electrodes connected to the gun by wires, and they don't shoot out an arc of electricity between the gun and target similar to the arc generated between the electrodes of a stun gun