Survivor: Guatemala - 9/29/05

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-05, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Guatemala - 9/29/05

Preview:
Spoiler:
Smoldering heat forces some Survivors to cool off in the water, risking an encounter with crocodiles.

As a tribe attempts to rebuild their shelter, one member takes matters into their own hands and irritates the others.

Causing sleepless nights, an inconsiderate howler monkey drives one castaway crazy.

A termite-infested log becomes a delicacy for some castaways desperate for a change in their diet.
Old 09-29-05, 11:38 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The first pic shows the person who was eliminated last week! OMGWTFBBQ
Old 09-29-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice spoiler Groucho. Some of us havent watched last weeks ep yet.
Old 09-29-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I like the weekly Steph pictures in these threads
Old 09-29-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go Brooke Go!

Just wondering if anyone else watches Survivor Live? You get lots of good stuff you dont see on TV and it shows you how the producers slant the shows towards certain players. Its not the CBS propaganda show I thought it would be.

Last edited by sven; 09-29-05 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-29-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sven
Go Brooke Go!

Just wondering if anyone else watches Survivor Live?
I would if it didn't play during working hours.

**edit** I see they archive the episodes, so i may check them out afterall.

Last edited by Maxflier; 09-29-05 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-29-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Poor Stephie. On a loser tribe again.
Old 09-29-05, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
my word is she getting hosed.

These teams are completely unbalanced. There's no way they could think this was fair.
Old 09-29-05, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well the right person definately got voted out tonight. I could not believe how she was just standing still during the basketball challenge...wtf?
Old 09-30-05, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Really not feelin' this season so far. I love Steph, but so do the producers and getting her shoved down my throat all the time for a second straight season isn't as much fun. Of the new players, none is standing out except the quarterback landscaper and he's not all that interesting (at least to anyone but himself). Scary confession : I'm thisclose to rooting for Skeletor just because she's a Chiefs fan.
I guess I'll stick with it a little longer, but my patience is wearing thin.
Old 09-30-05, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxflier
Well the right person definately got voted out tonight. I could not believe how she was just standing still during the basketball challenge...wtf?
"I tried my best"
Old 09-30-05, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Decker
Really not feelin' this season so far. I love Steph, but so do the producers and getting her shoved down my throat all the time for a second straight season isn't as much fun. Of the new players, none is standing out except the quarterback landscaper and he's not all that interesting (at least to anyone but himself). Scary confession : I'm thisclose to rooting for Skeletor just because she's a Chiefs fan.
I guess I'll stick with it a little longer, but my patience is wearing thin.
I love Steph too, but don't feel she's getting pushed down our throats as much as that her tribe is just SO bad that she really stands out. Did they do that on purpose? I couldn't say, but I defy anyone to say that on paper that these two tribes aren't strikingly unbalanced. If there hadn't been the early cramping for several guys, Steph's tribe would have NO wins.

They actually mixed in a challenge tonight that didn't require a ton of physical talent-the reward challenge-and they had a huge lead a still found a way to blow it. But the ball contest was really no contest. When it was all girls, Steph was basically playing 1 on 3. Even when it was all men, it was really no contest. Steph's tribe was lucky it was 5-3 because some of the mixed groups gave her tribe a chance to get a couple shots in and they capitalized.

I know Jeff said something to them at the end about it being potentially dangerous to get rid of their worst athletes. Really, they only have 3 people who are even decent, so I had to chuckle. Unless the injured woman heals, they have 2 not very strong or athletic gay guys, 1 useless fish monger, 1 gimp, 1 of the least athletic ex-football quarterbacks I've ever seen, and then Steph and that 1 guy who is pretty solid.

It's not a good sign for me that, after three episodes, I really don't remember many of their names.

How could they have not seen this when they were making up the teams?

It takes extremely bad luck to lose as much as Steph's tribe did last season, but this tribe will win 1 or 2 times maybe and it could easily be a repeat of Steph and 1 of the guys being alone as one tribe.
Old 09-30-05, 03:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Right now I'm leaning towards Brooke cuz she's hot, Dani and Cindy cuz they're both just as mean as Steph, and Jamie for all the comments about Briana tonight. Plus he tried to cover Brian's mouth during his pansey assed motivational speech.
Old 09-30-05, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good episode.
I'm rooting for Steph because she's hot and she's tough.
I like her in the bikini this time. Last time she never wore one, always shorts.

I loved the immunity challenge. Briana sucked. How can she say she did her best when all she did was stand in one spot ?
She deserved to go.

The fish monger is next to go.
Old 09-30-05, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What exactly does a fish monger do?
Old 09-30-05, 08:33 AM

Mongs fishes.
Old 09-30-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Brianna was just worthless in that challenge.

Then again, I'm not exactly how well a pick strategy would work since you can't move with the ball like you can in basketball.
Old 09-30-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
Mongs fishes.

Isn't that illegal in about 43 states?
Old 09-30-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Red Dog

Then again, I'm not exactly how well a pick strategy would work since you can't move with the ball like you can in basketball.

My thoughts exactly!

Steph:Anyone know what a pick is?
Broads No, NO
Steph: Good, because its useless in this game.

UNLESS she wanted one girl to pick for the other WITHOUT the ball to free up an open lane to the 'basket', but since appx .05 seconds after you recieve the ball you get mauled, wating for the pick to develope before passing wouldnt work.

BUT, as usual with Steph, the idea might not have been the best, but she was fuckin trying SOMETHING, ANYTHING!
Old 09-30-05, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
"I tried my best"
Exactly. I think she was trying her best to stand still and not get bruises.
Old 09-30-05, 09:14 AM

Steph got way too worked up about the whole pick thing. As if knowing what that was could possibly be useful in future challenges. And if she wanted to use a strategy, it seems that she should have been discussing it while the other teams were playing, not 5 seconds before her team took the field.
Old 09-30-05, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Steph got way too worked up about the whole pick thing. As if knowing what that was could possibly be useful in future challenges. And if she wanted to use a strategy, it seems that she should have been discussing it while the other teams were playing, not 5 seconds before her team took the field.

Them not knowing what it was wasn't th eproblem. The problem was that she explained it and they still didn't do it.
Old 09-30-05, 09:44 AM

She didn't explain it very well, and it was right before they were going on court.
Old 09-30-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
But the Monger wasn't even listening to the explanation, and the Mallrat just stood there. I can see where the frustration came from.
Old 09-30-05, 10:03 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
UNLESS she wanted one girl to pick for the other WITHOUT the ball to free up an open lane to the 'basket', but since appx .05 seconds after you recieve the ball you get mauled, wating for the pick to develope before passing wouldnt work.
yeah, it's called an off-the-ball screen. happens in basketball all the time. ever see reggie miller or rip hamilton play? those guys are constantly running off picks, without the ball, to get open.

i think it definitely could have worked in this game, especially because the other team probably wouldn't have reacted fast enough to switch on the screens.

but steph should have explained it to everyone on the sidelines, not right before they were going to go on the "field".

jamie was awesome in this episode. did well in the ball challenge, and loved his line about brianna. "I like girls that are crazy and pretty... she's neither."

and like someone said, he tried to cover up "amazingly-annoying yale guy"s mouth during his horrible "motivational" speech.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.