TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Invasion -- "Lights Out" -- 09/28/05

Old 09-28-05, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Invasion -- "Lights Out" -- 09/28/05

"Lights Out"
Spoiler:
The discovery of an Air Force officer, barely alive and with wounds identical to Dave's, intrigues Russell; Mariel finds something unexplainable protruding from the downed officer's wounds.

Cast: William Fichtner, Eddie Cibrian, Lisa Sheridan, Kari Matchett, Tyler Labine, Evan Peters, Ariel Gade, Alexis Dziena, Aisha Hinds, Holmes Osborne, Nick Cokas , Veronica Cartwright, Kimleigh Smith , Michael Mitchell, Jake Richardson, Nathan Baesel, Cirroc Lofton, Anne Dudek, Ivar Brogger, Reggie Jordan.
Director(s): Lawrence Trilling.
Producer(s): Shaun Cassidy, Lawrence Trilling.
Writer(s): Shaun Cassidy.

Original Airdate: September 28, 2005.
Old 09-28-05, 08:02 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the pilot series....but somehow i'm still not into it. I'll watch tonight...but i dunno if i'll keep watching.
Old 09-28-05, 10:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll probably watch tonight - but am not too optimistic that I'll be sticking with it come next week.
Old 09-28-05, 10:22 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll keep watching for now.
Old 09-28-05, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll watch but I'm not optimistic either.
Old 09-28-05, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

they need to a new editor or something, the pacing is so so so slow. Every cut seems way to long, they see something and the camera just takes it time and with no pay off. This is such a boring show.
Old 09-28-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I find that this is a show you can have in the background while you are doing something else, like surfing or folding laundry.
Old 09-28-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

maingon

they need to a new editor or something, the pacing is so so so slow. Every cut seems way to long, they see something and the camera just takes it time and with no pay off. This is such a boring show.
No, see ... it's spooky. Ooooooh. *sigh* Matt Roush should be ashamed of himself.

das
Old 09-28-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Patman

I find that this is a show you can have in the background while you are doing something else, like surfing or folding laundry.
... or sleeping.

das
Old 09-28-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Now if I could sleep and surf, I'd be good to go.
Old 09-28-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Patman

Now if I could sleep and surf, I'd be good to go.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/forumdi...php?forumid=18

das
Old 09-28-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My one word adjective for this show: Tedious.
Old 09-29-05, 12:00 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think time actually slows down while this show is on. It feels like you've been watching it for an hour and then you look at the clock and it's only 20 minutes in.

It constantly falls flat when it tries to be creppy or spooky, mostly becasue they try and convey it through the little girl.

There's no real connection with any of the characters, I couldn't care less if any of them were sucked into the water by whatever is in there and never seen again, well maybe Larkin because she's hot

Last edited by MrX; 09-29-05 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-29-05, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ok this ep just sort of sucked.. the pilot ep was "ok" but now the story line almost seems like it moved BACKWARDS!?! Yaaaaa!!! Shuttle the kids back and forth from house to house, again just like last ep. Now drive and show up to take them back to the other house, like the mom did last ep.. have the dad say they don't have to go, again.. Then have the girl say she wants to, and talk about the @#$% cat.... again! I can almost feel the clock stopping and moving backwards while I watch this show..

Unless I missed something the end of the pilot it was pretty clear the hot doctor chick knew she was "different" etc and it was played with sort of a menacing vibe. Same for the sheriff talking to the priest as they shared some whisper chit chat stuff (unless the sheriff was just looking to sell the priest some Confederated Products). At the least they knew, or the show made it seem like they knew they were --different-- now and had a secret to hide..

Then this ep the doctor is acting like she has NO idea what is going on with her!?! She is saying she feels funny acting etc. She acts shocked to find that alien (or whatever the hell the invasion is from) thing in the guy who was admited to the hospital, the priest is now acting like he has not been --body snatched-- (well no way to really know if he was or not with him)

sooooooooooooo I guess it's not menacing body snatching as the pilot suggested but more like you don't even know it happend to you? I mean I got all the little hints here or there with the ring and so on at the end of the ep but over all, I just thought this show is starting to suck.. at the least I just don't care about it..

Last edited by DeadLamb; 09-29-05 at 05:35 AM.
Old 09-29-05, 08:21 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

i liked this episode.
Old 09-29-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I watched the pilot and this second episode and i am done with it. This show is about as entertaining as watching someone mow the grass.
Old 09-29-05, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
sooooooooooooo I guess it's not menacing body snatching as the pilot suggested but more like you don't even know it happend to you? I mean I got all the little hints here or there with the ring and so on at the end of the ep but over all, I just thought this show is starting to suck.. at the least I just don't care about it..
It's "Intelligent Design." Just a little "DNA tuneup" from the creator.
Old 09-29-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I caught the first episode, got about 10 minutes into this one and gave up.

I haven't seen any of the other "Alien shows" this year either, but for some reason this premise just seems so tired to me.
Old 09-29-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's it for me too -- I'm dropping this show from my viewing (with an official "delete" from my PVR programming). "Invasion" is plotted as if no one in the audience had ever seen or read an alien invasion story. Maybe there's an original twist coming, but they lost me for it.
Old 09-29-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Although that little girl "Rose" annoys the living crap out of me, I feel that Tabby delivers a very strong performance as "Carlita".

As others have stated, the show is tedious. Plus there seems to be no frame of reference for where things are located. The various houses, the ranger's office, the hospital, the town, the different water locations etc. Editing is poor.
Old 09-29-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It sure is fitting that this episode is called "Lights Out".

das
Old 09-29-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had every intention to watch the second episode until I came into this thread.

Guess I'll be updating my "what new shows have you dropped already" list.
Old 09-29-05, 05:59 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

This is a frustrating show. There are some good ideas in there, but they are wrapped in layers of boredom. I swear, each episode has about 5 minutes of interesting stuff, 5 minutes of stuff that is supposed to be intriguing but doesn't really work, and the rest just dull filler. I'm sticking to my thought from last week that this feels like a 6 hour miniseries being padded into a full season.
Old 09-29-05, 07:27 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
"I miss Mommy."

"What are you talking about? She's right there, on TV."

"No she isn't."

*yawn*
Old 09-30-05, 01:02 AM
Political Exile

I wasn't bored, but the show did make me very relaxed. I was sort of in a daze sitting there watching it, and I didn't actually mind it. I don't know if I like it, but I don't dislike it. I'll stick around to see where they take it, but if I start to have the same reactions as the rest of you it's gone.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.