TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- Adrift -- 9/28/2005

Old 09-27-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOST -- Adrift -- 9/28/2005

From abc.com
Spoiler:
With the abduction of Walt fresh on their minds and their raft destroyed, Michael, Sawyer and Jin fight for their lives and discover a new predator in the roiling ocean. Meanwhile on land, Locke must descend into the hatch when one castaway goes missing inside.

For those who may have missed it, the season 2 premiere replays at 8 PM ET, immediately before the new episode.
Old 09-27-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am forever in your debt, Mr. James .

I never whined about it in the other thread (at least that I can remember)...but my DirecTivo was messing up some, and actually went out during the first flashback scene of the premiere - anybody else have this problem?
Old 09-27-05, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't get it ... Locke was among the 3 inside the hatch at the end of the premiere, so why would he be needing to decend into it?
Old 09-27-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by achau9598
I don't get it ... Locke was among the 3 inside the hatch at the end of the premiere, so why would he be needing to decend into it?
That is what I was thinking when I read it.
Old 09-27-05, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't write it -- I just dug it up from the network site.
Old 09-27-05, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

achau9598:

Spoiler:
Maybe they are actually going to show him go down in the hatch - remember they skipped from Kate 'going' in to Jack going in. Locke was the one who was 'all about' the hatch last season.

I hope they do this - I mean for obvious reasons (almost the entire 2/3s of the first season)...!
Old 09-27-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
From abc.com
For those who may have missed it, the season 2 premiere replays at 8 PM ET, immediately before the new episode.
That's great news.
Old 09-27-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by conscience
Spoiler:
Maybe they are actually going to show him go down in the hatch - remember they skipped from Kate 'going' in to Jack going in. Locke was the one who was 'all about' the hatch last season.

I hope they do this - I mean for obvious reasons (almost the entire 2/3s of the first season)...!
Ahhh, good call, I hope so too...actually I'm sure that is the case, since we never saw where he went or why he told Jack not to press the button.
Old 09-27-05, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone else get the feeling that people are trying to one-up each other on when they start these threads?
Old 09-27-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
Anyone else get the feeling that people are trying to one-up each other on when they start these threads?
Hell, I started one for the premiere a week before it aired...but one of the damned thread-Nazi's changed it to a speculation thread .
Old 09-27-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Again, I .

Somebody mentioned wanting a thread in the one from last week, so I made one.
Old 09-27-05, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Again, I .

Somebody mentioned wanting a thread in the one from last week, so I made one.
That was me...and I thanked you!

So anybody going to die from the raft? Not likely.

I hope we find out at least a little more about Desmond and they don't just concentrate totally on the raft.
Old 09-27-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whatever it is about, I will be most interested and watching.
Old 09-27-05, 10:55 PM

Please try to not start episode threads until the day the episode airs. I am going to go ahead and leave this open for now, but please keep this in mind for next week. I know this is a popular show, with lots of speculation. But many people avoid these threads until the episode airs and it can be frustrating when the actual discussion of the episode does not start until pages into the thread.

There is no hard and fast rule here, but the custom in this forum has always been to start the thread the morning of the show, which gets people excited about what they will watch that night. If you could try and maintain that tradition going forward, I think it will keep the threads more user-friendly for post-viewing discussion.

Thanks.
Old 09-27-05, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the word on custom. I am around here sporadically enough that you could consider me new. Based upon what I have seen (like the SNL thread already operating), I didn't know any better. Now I do.
Old 09-27-05, 11:34 PM

No problem. These Lost threads get to be very long so this really applies more to this show than most others.
Old 09-27-05, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the info Jadzia, I guess I haven't paid enough attention to realize threads are started in the morning the show airs .

Sorry for getting you yelled at Jimmy James .
Old 09-28-05, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes. Thanks jadzia. I for one am one that hates the 3 pages of speculation, then there is another page of people that post WHILE they are watching, is that about? At least it should cut down on a buch of useless posts. I say the speculation should stay in the previous weeks thread.

All that being said, since today is air day, I'm

Originally Posted by aktick
I hope we find out at least a little more about Desmond and they don't just concentrate totally on the raft.
All that being said, since today is air day, I'm going to say that it will be an all raft episode, what with it being the episode named "Adrift" and all.
Old 09-28-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, hopefully we see more of puberty-walt
Old 09-28-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Listening to a radio show discussing LOST...

They took Walt's gibberish from last week, reversed it and slowed it down.

After all that, he clearly said "Press the button. No button's bad."

Last edited by GuessWho; 09-28-05 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-28-05, 02:12 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still wonder how they're going to make this show last for more than a few seasons.
Old 09-28-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Listening to a radio show discussin LOST...

They took Walt's gibberish from last week, reversed it and slowed it down.

After all that, he clearly said "Press the btton. No button's bad."
Malcolm David Kelley (Walt) was on Jimmy Kimmel last night, and confirmed that he said "don't push that button." I'm surprised he admitted it.
Old 09-28-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Fok
I still wonder how they're going to make this show last for more than a few seasons.
The same way we make these threads last more than a week!

A possible suggestion on the starting of threads early? One comment was to append the previous week's thread, but that seems counter-intuitive for an up-coming episode, so maybe there could be two Lost threads? One for discussing how excited we are that a new episode is on , and then one for when the show actually airs. I don't really think we need one for the people who post during the show ...
Old 09-28-05, 04:01 PM

I started a Summertime Lost thread during the re-runs for all of us that already saw them first run. Maybe something like that would work in-season too.

Count me as one who hates the pre-ep speculation/spoiling and during-the-show posting.

As Jadzia mentioned these Lost threads are long enough without all the BS.
Old 09-28-05, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGodfather
I started a Summertime Lost thread during the re-runs for all of us that already saw them first run. Maybe something like that would work in-season too.
I say a LOST sub-forum! (just kidding)

No, you're onto something, so maybe an ongoing "LOST General Discussion Thread" (which can be "Part 1" so other parts can be added when it gets too big) and then specific LOST episode threads started on each new episode broadcast date.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.