Reload this Page >

Prison Break -- "Riots, Drills and the Devil" -- 09/26/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-26-05, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Riots, Drills and the Devil" Episode #106.
Spoiler:
Michael turns up the heat to break through to the other side of his cell wall.

Cast: Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Wade Williams, Amaury Nolasco, Peter Stormare, Robin Tunney, Marshall Allman, Sarah Wayne Callies, Stacy Keach, Paul Adelstein, Robert Knepper, Frank Grillo, Danny McCarthy, Muse Watson.
Producer(s): Paul Scheuring, Marty Adelstein, Dawn Parouse, Matt Olmstead, Brett Ratner.

Original Airdate: September 26, 2005.

When "rules" are enforced without judgment, the forum loses.
Old 09-26-05, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
When "rules" are enforced without judgment, the forum loses.
qfe
Old 09-26-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
My apologies, I have been here long enough to know better.
Old 09-26-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, someone's got to start these threads. I don't know why it would matter which of us does it.
Old 09-26-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by auto
Well, someone's got to start these threads. I don't know why it would matter which of us does it.
I think is the whole issue of any one member innundating any particular forum with new threads on the first page. Since I'm a member of this forum and I like to be here, I'll abide by set rules. No hard feelings from me.
Old 09-26-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Some "rules" make no sense in certain contexts. Besides, didn't we already decide that this was fine a while back? Whatever. We probably should discuss this in Feedback or something, so as not to derail the Prison Break thread. It's my fault for making the side comment in the original post, but that's what you get when you force me to start threads. I'll be a jackass about it. That's why we need people like LorenzoL to do it correctly. Why we insist on running off valuable contributors to the forum with random enforcement of arbitrary rules I will never understand.

das
Old 09-26-05, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The "rule" does not really make sense in this forum. That being the case, with the problems we recently had in the Music forum the mods are probably just trying to be consistent.
Old 09-26-05, 11:17 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I love that show!
can't wait!!!
Old 09-26-05, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
My apologies, I have been here long enough to know better.
Don't apologize.

About tonight's show - maybe the rogue SS agents and the bitch in the kitchen will suddenly die and this show can get straight to the point of breaking out of the prison w/out the annoying sub-plot on the side that is dragging this show down.

Wishful thinking - I know.
Old 09-26-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't wait for this one. This has become one of my favorite shows on t.v (next to Lost/24). I think the boring subplot is there just to kill time. If it wasn't there i think the main plot would get bit boring.
Old 09-26-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by firteen88
I think the boring subplot is there just to kill time. If it wasn't there i think the main plot would get bit boring.

I don't think the main plot would be boring at all without it.

But yes, the Feds conspiracy angle is there to essentially kill time. I think this series would be ideal for a dozen-episode run for the season, but I suppose that model is economically unfeasible at the broadcast network level.
Old 09-26-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like the subplots, they make the whole thing a bit more interesting. I have a question though...does Fox plan on this being a series that they'll keep around for years, or is it sort of a one season deal (like 24 was originally SUPPOSED to be)... Only reason I ask is because, while I love the show, if they don't resolve this whole thing by season's end, I'm going to be pretty pissed off...and don't think they can sustain the "will they or won't they break out in time" angle of the show for much more than 1 season.

MATT
Old 09-26-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I like the subplots, they make the whole thing a bit more interesting. I have a question though...does Fox plan on this being a series that they'll keep around for years, or is it sort of a one season deal (like 24 was originally SUPPOSED to be)... Only reason I ask is because, while I love the show, if they don't resolve this whole thing by season's end, I'm going to be pretty pissed off...and don't think they can sustain the "will they or won't they break out in time" angle of the show for much more than 1 season.

MATT

Spoiler:
I believe that S2 is supposed to be like The Fugitive.
Old 09-26-05, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Spoiler:
I believe that S2 is supposed to be like The Fugitive.
Spoiler:
I thought someone already said that the producer's have the story plotted out over two seasons.
Old 09-26-05, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did I miss something? What rule are you guys talking about that was violated or not violated?
Old 09-26-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think the main plot would be boring at all without it.

But yes, the Feds conspiracy angle is there to essentially kill time. I think this series would be ideal for a dozen-episode run for the season, but I suppose that model is economically unfeasible at the broadcast network level.
It's only a 13 episode season.
Old 09-26-05, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by clckworang
Did I miss something? What rule are you guys talking about that was violated or not violated?
[offtopic]LorenzoL had already started a thread for this episode but it was closed because he had too many threads on the first page of the TVTalk forum.

The rule is supposed to discourage members from getting crazy and starting too many threads pushing other members threads from the first page. All in all, a good rule when enforced logically.

The issue here is that the threads will be started regardless. We pretty much have a thread for every show broadcast on the big 4 networks plus several other channels. Therefore, who cares who starts the thread? The thread will exist and if somebody is willing to start it why put a stop to this?

Not worth arguing about but it does seem like we have addressed this before. [/offtopic]

On topic:

I hope that the entire season really does run only 13 episodes. To be honest, I wish all the networks would move to 13 episode seasons. Quality over quanity.

Not sure how 24 would handle that though.
Old 09-26-05, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Quake1028
It's only a 13 episode season.

Where did you see this?
Old 09-26-05, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Where did you see this?
From zap2it.com:
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) A month before the May upfronts, FOX has picked up its first new series for 2005-06, the drama "Prison Break."
The show, about an engineer who concocts an elaborate plan to free his brother from death row, is the first of this spring's pilots to be picked up for next season. FOX has ordered 13 episodes, the showbiz trade papers report.

"Prison Break," which stars Wentworth Miller ("Popular") as the engineer and Dominic Purcell ("John Doe") as his convict brother, is a product of FOX's emphasis on year-round development. It received a pilot order last fall after a spending a year in development and was among the first shows to be cast.

The show's ensemble also includes Peter Stormare ("Fargo"), Sarah Wayne Callies ("Tarzan") and Robin Tunney ("The In-Laws"). Paul Scheuring ("A Man Apart") wrote the pilot and will serve as a co-executive producer.
Brett Ratner ("Rush Hour," "After the Sunset") is directing the pilot and will also executive produce with Neal Moritz, Dawn Parouse and Marty Adelstein ("Tru Calling"). A showrunner hasn't been hired yet.

The early pickup means "Prison Break" could be ready for a summer premiere, although FOX says it hasn't decided where the show will land on the schedule.
Old 09-26-05, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk God

That's a normal order for a new series. That doesn't mean that is how many eps are in the first season. If they do well, they are generally extended to a full season order.
Old 09-26-05, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That doesn't necessarily mean it won't run a full 22-24 episodes. It only means that they intially only committed to 13 eps.
Old 09-26-05, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's a normal order for a new series. That doesn't mean that is how many eps are in the first season. If they do well, they are generally extended to a full season order.
I don't think we will see new episodes of this show if its renewed until sometime next year since 24 is coming back in January unless Fox moves the show to a different night.
Old 09-26-05, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't think we will see new episodes of this show if its renewed until sometime next year since 24 is coming back in January unless Fox moves the show to a different night.

Fox will have holes to fill by midseason. Heck, after 2 weeks of Head Cases, they already have one.
Old 09-26-05, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fox will have holes to fill by midseason. Heck, after 2 weeks of Head Cases, they already have one.
I think another will be opening up pretty soon on Thursday nights.
Old 09-26-05, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Exactly. I think this season is only going to go 13 eps period. I can't really see them extending this part much farther.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.