Reload this Page >

Anyone know about replays in Houston area

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-23-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone heard whether or not they will be replaying this weeks premiers and first-run episodes later for those areas affected by evacuation?
Old 09-23-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cannot imagine that there would be time to do this, but I have not heard anything.
Old 09-23-05, 02:49 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just checked the local stations' websites and didn't notice anything. CBS was actually showing regular programming on 2 different channels last night (over the air 51 and 310 on TWC). I didn't notice it until Survivor was just about over though. It was so annoying that the only channel that was actually showing regular programming, WB, was the only channel that was showing a rerun last night.
Old 09-23-05, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I cannot imagine that there would be time to do this, but I have not heard anything.
What are you talking about. They can play them in the middle of the night if nothing else. At least I can DVR them if they show them later. Some of those shows (Invasion, Lost, etc.) are useless without seeing the premieres.
Old 09-23-05, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
What are you talking about. They can play them in the middle of the night if nothing else. At least I can DVR them if they show them later. Some of those shows (Invasion, Lost, etc.) are useless without seeing the premieres.
Most of the channels in this market have plans for those timeslots. For instance, the NBC affiliate airs every WB show they can in the middle of the night and still cannot find time for all of them. Other channels around here do a lot of paid programming.

I hear what you're saying about the shows. I'm guessing most of the stations haven't even thought about it because we can agree there are more pressing things going on. I do definitely hope you get your wish somehow that they show them.
Old 09-23-05, 05:35 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing I missed the oc last night and there also are alot of really good football games I want to watch this weekend but if we don't have power like many are saying thats not gonna happen.But we all should be grateful were complaing about petty things like only missing tv shows and games.And keep all the other people who were forced to evacuate and those who are in danger in our thoughts/prayers.