Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

VH1 announces 'Surreal Life 6' cast, series to premiere in January

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-06, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously what would cause him to wear those things? He probably shit his pants when they said they were going to strip their clothes....or maybe he just shits his pants all the time.
Old 03-26-06, 09:44 AM

Shit stains like that are just mind boggling. What's even more mind boggling is that he made another round after everyone saw it.
Old 04-05-06, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ryuryu2949
tawney is definitely the bitch this year. looks like her and steve are gonna have at it.
Make that dumb bitch. On this week's episode, she was a reporter doing a piece on a stolen weather vane. She kept calling it a "water vane". C'mon. Stupid bitch. Paired with her "I saved money" shinanigans as producer of the Smashmouth video last week, she is easily the most hated character this season. (I loved Steve Harwell saying like "Why did you SAVE money? Spend the whole fucking BUDGET!")
Old 05-01-06, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,149 Posts
Anyone still watching this?
Old 05-01-06, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes I am.

But VH1 or the television guide sites have to get their shit together regarding the times. Last week the guide said that last Sunday's show would be on at 11:30 am on Sunday morning. So I set the DVR and it recorded the Hogans.

For this Sundays episode, I checked VH1's website and it said 11:00, so my DVR records it and I go to look at it yesterday after and it records the Hogans.

I can't believe how f'd up those people are. I might as well record a 65 minute block from 11am to 12:05 so I can hopefully catch the episode.

So far it's been an interesting season. Tawny is showing how much a pathetic person she is. Alexis is well Alexis. The guys seems to be pretty level headed and Florence, even though she is a little hard ass, seems to be a pretty good person.

Chris
Old 05-01-06, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts
CeCe DeVille in a Poison cover band
Old 05-01-06, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm glad I put this on Season Pass because I'd never get to watch it otherwise!

Oh I'm right with you on your opinions mrpayroll. Especially in regards to Tawny - ditsy bitch!
Old 05-01-06, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

so far so good.... the playboy girl is hot but weird...

tawny is psycho and i think sherman needs sleep
Old 05-01-06, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It weird to see how alive Sherman becomes when the cameras are rolling, but is mopey, otherwise.
Old 05-01-06, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

CC is pretty cool guy to me. I think it's cool he hasn't starting drinking and how much he takes from the stupid tasks they have. Tawny is nuts, although I was cracking up when she was calling everybody the wrong name, and kept asking about keyboards. ha
Old 05-01-06, 11:59 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Alexis is like the incredible hulk. She turns into a man every time she gets pissed. "Alexis SMASH!"
Old 05-01-06, 12:02 PM

This has definitely been my favorite Surreal Life cast thus far. Excellent, I actually watch it every Sunday (when its repeated...since it airs the same time as the Sopranos) instead of just waiting to see it while flipping through the channels some day.
Old 05-01-06, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

my favorite surreal life cast is the one with trishelle
Old 05-03-06, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been watching it but I've also had problems with VH1 not airing things when they say they will and not just with this show. Haven't seen the latest episode yet.
Old 05-03-06, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by JacksModernLife
This has definitely been my favorite Surreal Life cast thus far. Excellent, I actually watch it every Sunday (when its repeated...since it airs the same time as the Sopranos) instead of just waiting to see it while flipping through the channels some day.
I watch the 11:00/11:30 (depends each week) early showing on Sunday morning
Old 05-04-06, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

re-runs are on all the time.

This has been a pretty good cast so far. I think Maven is the breakout star (if you can say that) of this season. Too bad the Surreal Life doesn't really lead you to anything else.
Old 05-04-06, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,149 Posts
Tawny...such a cry baby loser.
Playboy girl...whatever. Dime a dozen young blonde
Sherman... eat eat eat
Smashmouth...ok dude
Wrassler guy...ok
Florence...needs to loosen up just a bit but hey, it's Mrs. Brady so she has tons of Street cred.
Tranny...Psycho Diva.
CC...he always struck me as a dick but he's been pretty cool on this show
Old 05-04-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yea, I've been liking this season. Which is always surprising because I figure this concept will get stale. VH1 puts together good casts.

CC is definitely the coolest. I expected Smashmouth to be a total tool, but I'm glad he calls Tawny out on her shit. Alexis is quite the character. Kind of a scary loose canon, but always interesting.
Old 05-04-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I have seen most of the episodes.

Tawny is a complete psycho, and is probably on something. In the episode where they had to do the battle of the bands she seemed so out of it, not even remembering the names of the her castmates.

The playboy chick isn't all that interesting. She is just the stereotypical playboy hottie who likes to drink and take her clothes off.

The wrestler guy Maven is OK, I think his only real purpose on the show is probably to sleep with the playboy chick.

Steve from Smashmouth seems like a normal guy, probably too normal to be on a show like this.

Sherman is great. Not sure why somebody like him would do this, could be possibly need the money? He's gotta have a good amount of Jefferson's money.

Alexis Arquotte is great as well. Perfect person for this show.

CC is pretty good as well. Not sure why he would agree to do the show either. In the first episode he said he came right from rehab. Is this really the environment you want to go to right out of rehab? In almost every episode I have seen he has been put in situations where he wants to drink. He has done a good job in not doing it, but why put yourself in that situation.

Florence Henderson is annoying. Telling people what to do, etc. etc.
Old 05-04-06, 03:41 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't like the use of Flo as a "sort of" housemate. Either your in, and living in the house, or your not. She just shows up for the various activities at her leisure. Very lame. If Tammy Faye can live in the same house as Ron Jeremy, than Flo can live with these yahoos.
Old 05-04-06, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I don't like the use of Flo as a "sort of" housemate. Either your in, and living in the house, or your not. She just shows up for the various activities at her leisure. Very lame. If Tammy Faye can live in the same house as Ron Jeremy, than Flo can live with these yahoos.
But think of the humanity. Flo & Tawny living in the same house 24/7. One / both of them is going to die.

Chris
Old 05-04-06, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Alexis brought out her "man face" again this week

Aside from that this is the only reality show I can watch. I know most of it is staged but for some reason I love it.
Old 05-07-06, 10:56 AM

What was Andrea Lowell doing in Playboy, they used to have higher standards than that.
Old 05-07-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by zebop
What was Andrea Lowell doing in Playboy, they used to have higher standards than that.
I've seen worse in playboy.

Just a reminder to all: Season finale is next week.
Old 05-07-06, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 875 Likes on 394 Posts
Originally Posted by tcoursen
Tawny is a complete psycho, and is probably on something.
I don't think she is complete. Did you see Janice Dickinson last season?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.