Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Entertainment Weekly's "My Name Is Earl" DVD &/or TV Guide's "Lost" CD?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now, I know this is the wrong forum*, but i'm wondering if anyone has an extra, doesn't want theirs anymore or can get their hands on the promo "My Name Is Earl" DVD that some people said was in last week's Entertainment Weekly and the "Lost" mini-CD that came with TV Guide.

Thanks.

* I'm hoping Jadzia will give me a little bit of leeway regarding this, since I know it rightfully belongs in the DVD Exchange Forum, but on the slight chance that TV Talk Forum readers don't surf over there...
Old 09-14-05, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Just to clarify:

The “Earl” disc is not a DVD, it’s a CD-ROM. On my computer, the media file was so buggy (.wmv, I think) that I watched it for two minutes and tossed it in the garbage. I’d just wait for the broadcast.

On other hand, the “Everybody Hates Chris” preview I got a week later was a DVD. I watched it and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Old 09-14-05, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
ah ha. Well, IIRC, someone in the Everybody Hates Chris thread I made commented on getting an "Earl" DVD.

Thanks for the clarification Mellish. And, yes, I just got done watching "Chris" and enjoyed it too.
Old 09-14-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fielding Mellish
Just to clarify:

The “Earl” disc is not a DVD, it’s a CD-ROM. On my computer, the media file was so buggy (.wmv, I think) that I watched it for two minutes and tossed it in the garbage. I’d just wait for the broadcast.

On other hand, the “Everybody Hates Chris” preview I got a week later was a DVD. I watched it and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Yeah that was a funny show - I was pleasantly surprised. Too bad it is airing on UPN during crunch time Thursdays at 8. Like I'd skip ALIAS for that?!

And I haven't watched it all, but even though that is a CDROM, the entire 1st episode of Earl seems to be on there.
Old 09-14-05, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have both the Chris and Earl dvds/cd-roms and you are more than welcome to have them both, even with the mark of Satan as your avatar ...Just email me at [email protected]
Old 09-15-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
I have both the Chris and Earl dvds/cd-roms and you are more than welcome to have them both, even with the mark of Satan as your avatar ...Just email me at [email protected]
"the mark of Satan"? ohhh. well, that's nothing. you should see the three interlocking 6's behind my right ear.

Seriously though, even though i'm sure you'd put hexes on both items before sending 'em my way, I already have the Chris DVD and, after FM informed me that Earl was a CD Rom, I checked the stack of mags I haven't read yet and, lo and behold, it was there. So I have them both. But I do appreciate the offer.

Still looking for Lost though..