Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Tivo users- check your Lost Season Pass!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-15-05, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already posted this in the Lost Season 2 Speculation thread, but think it's worthy of it's own thread for those that are avoiding spoliers and speculation.

There is a recap episode of Lost from 8-9PM. If you have your Season Pass set to pad the end of Lost, your Tivo will not record the actual Lost season premiere, which begins at 9. Either disable padding for this week, or set up a manual record from 9:0XPM until 10PM.
Old 09-15-05, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by johnglass
There is a recap episode of Lost from 8-9PM. If you have your Season Pass set to pad the end of Lost, your Tivo will not record the actual Lost season premiere, which begins at 9. Either disable padding for this week, or set up a manual record from 9:0XPM until 10PM.
Unless you have DirecTivo with two tuners which will record both as planned.
Old 09-15-05, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Or, you haven't padded ever since ABC got it right and scheduled the showings for 62 minutes.
Old 09-15-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, the following people please do not read this thead:

1) DirecTivo users
2) People who haven't padded Lost
3) Chew
4) rfduncan

Did I miss anyone?
Old 09-15-05, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did I miss anyone?
People who don't watch Lost?
Old 09-15-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Checked my HD-Tivo last night. Yep, it's got it right.
Old 09-15-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Old 09-15-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank you johnglass. I'd be pissed if I missed Lost! Not that I wouldn't be able to see it anyway through *ahem* other means!

I didn't pad my recording, so I should be okay.
Old 09-15-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahem, i noticed in on my TiVo, johnglass, and was actually planning on posting it as well. so i'm sure others may have it set up that way, too.

Even when ABC went to listing Lost as 62 minutes, there was still the risk of losing the last few seconds of an episode. So I kept a 1-minute pad on there.

Now it's off for the first week.
Old 09-15-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
ahem, i noticed in on my TiVo, johnglass, and was actually planning on posting it as well. so i'm sure others may have it set up that way, too.

Even when ABC went to listing Lost as 62 minutes, there was still the risk of losing the last few seconds of an episode. So I kept a 1-minute pad on there.

Now it's off for the first week.
It's nice to feel appreciated. *snif*
Old 09-15-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did I miss anyone?
monkeys People who record all of prime time for each network in one big block?
Old 09-15-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For the love of God, why can't they just keep the damn shows at exactly 60 minutes so we don't have to worry about these things happening? Would that really be asking too much?
Old 09-15-05, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, the following people please do not read this thead:

1) DirecTivo users
2) People who haven't padded Lost
3) Chew
4) rfduncan

Did I miss anyone?
People without a Tivo?

Just wondering (as a non-tivo owner), what is a "season pass"? Do you have to pay extra for it, or is it just saying to record every episode of a given show?
Old 09-15-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
Just wondering (as a non-tivo owner), what is a "season pass"? Do you have to pay extra for it, or is it just saying to record every episode of a given show?
Season Pass is the best part of the TiVo service: it records only the new episodes from the series you have a pass from and will record it even if it's moved to another day/time (like Survivor has a few Wednesdays here and there).

As for cost, it's included with the TiVo service itself: $300 lifetime or $12.95/month.
Old 09-15-05, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

People without a Tivo?
Nah! Those losers wouldn't even be in this thread, if they knew how to read thread titles!!!

Well, to clarify a few things...

You can have it to get "new" episodes, or any that happen to air (like I do for Family Guy on Cartoon Network). You can have it record a set number, say of something you like to watch sporadically (say you wanted a little library of syndicated Friends eps), or "all" for something you need all of, like a series or a soap opera. Or, for example, you can have it record just the latest few of a certain show, like, say, the nightly news, that you don't want to stockpile up, you just want the most recent one, so it will drop off the oldest one when it reaches your limit and gets a new one. Or you can tell it to "keep until I delete", where it will record up to the set number you choose and never go away (set this to "record all" for a show like Lizzie Maguire on Disney, and go on vacation and watch the fun when your machine fills up!).

As for cost, this is included in the $5.95 tivo fee for directv subscribers, which covers as many tivos as you own.
Old 09-15-05, 12:41 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
As for cost, this is included in the $5.95 tivo fee for directv subscribers, which covers as many tivos as you own.
$4.95 (or $4.99) unless it's more for newer subscribers.
Old 09-15-05, 12:42 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Chew
Season Pass is the best part of the TiVo service: it records only the new episodes from the series you have a pass from and will record it even if it's moved to another day/time (like Survivor has a few Wednesdays here and there).
Actually, you have the option to record only new episodes, or new and repeats on that channel.
Old 09-15-05, 12:57 PM

I just checked my D*Tivo season pass it is fine.

Thankfully with the 2 tuners, the recap episode does not interfere with the premiere of Martha Stewart: The Apprentice, as I am also looking forward to that show.
Old 09-15-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Oh... Yeah.... You're probably right. Like I look at the bill anymore.
Old 09-15-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
The new customer DirecTiVo rate did in fact go up to $5.95. We're still grandfathered in at the old $4.95 rate, but that's not a guarantee we won't see an increase too.

And to clarify: I know you have many options with the Season Pass. I meant to say "the best part of the TiVo service is being able to record only new episodes". I just never use the other options.
Old 09-15-05, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is the recap episode considered a new episode by TiVo? If that's the case, I should probably cancel it from my to do list. I have Lost set to "keep until I delete, 1 episode".
Old 09-15-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Is the recap episode considered a new episode by TiVo? If that's the case, I should probably cancel it from my to do list. I have Lost set to "keep until I delete, 1 episode".
Yes, it is coming up as a new episode. I have "First Run Only/Keep 5" and it's recording both.
Old 09-15-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chew
Yes, it is coming up as a new episode. I have "First Run Only/Keep 5" and it's recording both.
And here I was trying to figure out why ABC would show the season premiere at last season's time.
Old 09-15-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Maxflier
For the love of God, why can't they just keep the damn shows at exactly 60 minutes so we don't have to worry about these things happening? Would that really be asking too much?
yeah, also when watching the dvd's the episodes come out to about 42-44 minutes.
Old 09-15-05, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
yeah, also when watching the dvd's the episodes come out to about 42-44 minutes.
Well of course. They do this solely to increase their advertising revenue. 30 seconds of ad time during Lost is worth a lot more than ad time during Jake in Progress.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.