Battlestar Galactica - "Final Cut" - 9/09

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica - "Final Cut" - 9/09

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by cleaver
2 questions: have we seen anyone smoking on a cigarette on the show before? When were they playing the original theme?
the doctor when he was first examining/diagnosing the president as having cancer
when they played the finished version of the news video they used the original theme for the background music
Old 09-10-05, 08:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Why do they have octagonal video cameras when all their tvs are rectangular?
Old 09-10-05, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
It's on Monday night at 11.

My Tivo program guide doesn't have it on next Friday...another week off?
it's on next week
http://scifi.com/battlestar/
Old 09-10-05, 08:47 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
Thanks. I just upgraded my Directivo, so the guide probably isn't updated yet.
Old 09-10-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
It's on Monday night at 11...
Thanks
Old 09-10-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the Lucy Lawless character is going to cloud the issue further or make it clear on whether Galactica Sharon is truly not acting on behalf of the cyclons. It really depends on if they ever address whether Sharon saw the broadcasts or not. I'm going to be wondering the rest of the season.
Old 09-11-05, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by josepotato
Why do they have octagonal video cameras when all their tvs are rectangular?
Cuz on Caprica theater screens are Octagonal. Most pro's will shoot in Oct and hope that it'll be shown OAR in a theater or on OCTVs. But many times it ends up being cropped to fit on older out of date RECT screens. Galactica is an old ship and it doesn't have the new oct aspect ratio screens.

D
Old 09-11-05, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Derrich
Cuz on Caprica theater screens are Octagonal. Most pro's will shoot in Oct and hope that it'll be shown OAR in a theater or on OCTVs. But many times it ends up being cropped to fit on older out of date RECT screens. Galactica is an old ship and it doesn't have the new oct aspect ratio screens.

D

@joespotato
Listen to the podcast, it's explained.
Old 09-11-05, 03:50 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I figured this would be a clone of the B5 episode with the reporter as well when I first read about it and it pretty much was.

I agree the scene with Baltar and Six pretty much gave away Lucy Lawless, who looks great as a blonde, was a cylon.
Old 09-11-05, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i didnt care for this epsiode that much. whe did they have to make the video they were shooting so pixalaited?
Old 09-11-05, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Lucy Lawless looks so much better with blonde hair, and she also doesn't bare any real resemblance to Xena anymore, so that was a smart move on her part to change her look to such an extent.
Nice twist at the end, I wonder if
Spoiler:
the Lawless cylon and Number Six will ever get it on?
Old 09-11-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Hmmmm, I guess I could agree that this was the weakest episode yet, but that still ranks it as "great" in my book. I didn't see the cylon thing coming (actually figured it was the camera dude), and I don't think the baby was born....she was just having some problems during the early part of her pregnancy. That isn't uncommon.
Old 09-12-05, 05:19 AM

I have mixed feelings on this episode. Just felt too much like a filler episode before the break BSG goes on after 2x10. Did not see the Lucy Lawless = cyclon thing coming at all, simply because I thought she was only a guest character for one show. First episode this season where I haven't watched it a second time by the end of the weekend yet...though, this episode did have a sweat drenched Starbuck working out on a punching bag, so I guess it wasn't all bad.
Old 09-12-05, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Any time they throw in the original series theme song, the episode get a higher rating from me.
Old 09-12-05, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Silt
I have mixed feelings on this episode. Just felt too much like a filler episode before the break BSG goes on after 2x10. Did not see the Lucy Lawless = cyclon thing coming at all, simply because I thought she was only a guest character for one show. First episode this season where I haven't watched it a second time by the end of the weekend yet...though, this episode did have a sweat drenched Starbuck working out on a punching bag, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

Well, I doubt Ms. Lawless has anything better to do with her time these days, so she might as well do as many genre shows as she can while she still has her looks.
Old 09-12-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tazwolff
Listen to the podcast, it's explained.
Speaking of the podcast, it makes me wonder if it's recorded in real time or if it's edited. Moore lit up quite a bit in those 45 minutes.
Old 09-12-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Speaking of the podcast, it makes me wonder if it's recorded in real time or if it's edited. Moore lit up quite a bit in those 45 minutes.
With all the background noise, I sometimes wonder where he’s taping that damn thing. Sounds like he’s in a public restroom at a bus stop or something.
Old 09-12-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tazwolff
With all the background noise, I sometimes wonder where he’s taping that damn thing. Sounds like he’s in a public restroom at a bus stop or something.
In addition, the 56k bit rate (which has to be one of the lowest for podcasts I've seen) doesn't help either.
Old 09-12-05, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Any time they throw in the original series theme song, the episode get a higher rating from me.