Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Funniest Cops moment

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-05, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Its a sad thing when I can remember nearly 90% of these stories...
Same here.
The one where an older couple are having a food fight and when the cop turns up they're both absolutely covered in flour.
This one is at least ten years old. Apropos old: I remember one in Boston, where the patron of a chinese restaurant calls to complain that his fish sticks are cold. He may have had a valid complaint, but there's nothing the police can do.
Wasn't there one where a cop was in a hot pursuit and ran out of gas? I recall he was embarassed as hell and wondering how he'd explain things to his boss.
Or are you remembering a "World's Wildest Police Chases" episode where a cop pulls a woman over for speeding, locks his keys in the car, and sheepishly asks the woman for a ride to the next town in exchange for waiving the ticket?
The best one for me was the one where the cop was chasing somebody and tried to drive onto some railroad tracks and immediately bottomed out big time. Then, he wanders around with this painfully embarrassed look on his face talking about how he's in so much trouble while other cops show up and laugh at him. Then, a train starts coming, and he desperately tries to get the car off the tracks, his tires just spinning and smoking, and he's freaking out. Finally, the train just veers onto tracks going in another direction and the guy just looks sheepish as hell. Hilarious stuff.
A recent one. The motorcycle he was chasing got away.
I like the one where the guy, who is very drunk, says he smokes pot but hasn't smoked any that night the cop says he believes him. Then the cop pulls a joint from behind the guys ear, the guy just says "very good, I'd forgotten about that or I probably would have smoked it"
That's one of the funniest I remember. The camera crew zoomed in on the joint pinned behind the guy's ear before he was even aware of it.
They go to a house fire, and the cop keeps knocking on the lady's door. He breaks a window that he would never fit through, and then he either kicks in the door. He tells her she has to get out becayuse her house is on fire. "It is?" There's absolutely no smoke - because it's the wrong house!
I remember that from a few years ago. Bet he'll never live that down.

Three I remember:
-In a segment from a couple of years ago, a cop is chasing a child molester through some desert underbrush. The man stops cold and clocks the cop in the face, breaking his nose. Other cops arrive and absolutely pile on to this guy, to the point where he shits his pants. They end up spraying him off with a high-powered hose back at the barracks.
-A woman flags down an officer and demands that he retrieve money from a woman and her son, from whom she claimed to want to buy dope. They deny any knowledge, and she is sent on her way.
-Kansas City, about a decade ago: Cops flying through a residential area during a chase smash into cross traffic. Not really funny, but memorable.
Old 06-27-05, 01:34 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I remember an episode when a man and his family go out to eat at a Sizzler type resteraunt. The deal was a 5LB steak (or whatever) is $19.99 or free if you finish the entire thing. However, you are not allowed to take home any left overs. The guy bitched and moaned and eventually called the cops, who just reiterated what the owners said. Hopefully that makes sense...
Old 06-27-05, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the funniest moment I have seen was a few years ago in one of the episodes from Pierce County, WA.

It was some guy trying to steal a battery for a car then running.

It turns out it was my cousin (not really my cousin, but the son of my uncle's wife from a previous marriage).
Old 06-27-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Greased naked guy. Nuff said.
Old 06-27-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I remember an episode when a man and his family go out to eat at a Sizzler type resteraunt. The deal was a 5LB steak (or whatever) is $19.99 or free if you finish the entire thing. However, you are not allowed to take home any left overs. The guy bitched and moaned and eventually called the cops, who just reiterated what the owners said. Hopefully that makes sense...

Actually that was a buffet. He bought a regular dinner and was taking part of that home, but his girl got the buffet and was trying to take some of that home. The owner said he does it all the time. I remember he kept talking about how it is only a spoon full of meat.

A memorable one that I have not seen since it first aired takes place in Florida, Miami IIRC, and they are chasing this fairly big dude, they corner him in a yard and release a dog. The camera goes around the house to film and the guy is holding the dog at shoulder height and punching him. His clothes are all ripped up and several cops take him down and finally cuff and hog tie him. That guys was huge and defiantly was on something and the cops had reason to be scared of this guy. He did get federal charges for hitting the police dog.
Old 06-27-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cops Madri Gras, some old guy is sitting at a table at a bar with no pants. As the cops are dragging him off I think he screamed "The South will rise again!"
Old 06-28-05, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I remember a time when an Old lady gets locked up in a bank.She actually slept in the toilet and the bank staff left home without checking and when she woke up she could not get out and she cried and kept on crying to be left out.
Old 06-28-05, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 80 Likes on 51 Posts
They need a greatest hits DVD made up with the best stuff (biggest dumbasses).
Old 07-20-05, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Brak55

I also like playing the Cops drinking game. Every time someone says "What'd I do?" you drink. You'll never make it to the credits of the first program.
I just finished watching an episode where the guy said "what'd I do?" and "I didn't did nothin', sir. I didn't did nothin', sir!" about a dozen times while they are trying to handcuff him and I thought about your response and had to come and dig it out of the graveyard just to make sure I had remembered what you said... you'd of had to be treated for alcohol poisoning!

BTW the "nothin'" he did was in a stolen car.

My other favorite saying is "it's not mine".... I'm waiting to hear one of them say "King's X"....