Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield "Ain't That a Shame" 6/14/05 *Season Finale*

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-05, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ronnie's a stump- he's a waste of a good character position. They should have clipped Ronnie last season and kept Tavon (sp?) around.
Old 06-15-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnglass
Ronnie's a stump- he's a waste of a good character position. They should have clipped Ronnie last season and kept Tavon (sp?) around.
I imagine we haven't seen the last of Tavon. In fact, I see this Ronnie stuff blowing over or almost blowing over just before Tavon wakes up and spills.
Old 06-16-05, 12:03 AM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

I was really hoping that after getting screwed, Monica would tell Vic about the IA investigation, sort of give him a heads up about his CI and the Lem drugs thing.
Old 06-16-05, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was hoping to see more of a cliffhanger, but certainly can't complain about the rest of the episode. I will also miss Monica and can't wait to see who the new captain will be.
Old 06-16-05, 07:51 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I imagine we haven't seen the last of Tavon. In fact, I see this Ronnie stuff blowing over or almost blowing over just before Tavon wakes up and spills.
Tavon already woke up in Season 3.
Old 06-16-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
'Shield' season finale arrests 3.2 million

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The FX cop series "The Shield" finished its fourth season Tuesday with solid ratings on par with its averages for the season.

A total of 3.2 million viewers tuned in to the 10 p.m. finale, including 2 million aged 18-49, which matches numbers the gritty drama put up this season. The ratings were good enough to give "Shield" the biggest haul of men 18-49 (1.2 million average) among all cable series this year to date.

The fourth season also marks a rebound from the struggles of last season, when "Shield" sank to a 2.5 million season average. By that measure, this season finished just 100,000 viewers shy of Season 2 and slightly ahead of Season 1.

"Shield" will go into production for a fifth season in September in anticipation of returning to air early next year.

[YAHOO]
Old 06-16-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
The best part of the night for me was Vics daughter telling him her boyfriend was just like her. The look on his face was amazing.
Old 06-16-05, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Yep that he did but Shawn Ryan staying true to form forgot all about him this past season. And his handeling of the supporting cast leaves alot to be desired Julien and Danny hardly had anything to do it seems their characters were stuck in neutral all season long and in a really lame move on Ryan's part she gets shot WTF? Don't get me started on Glenn Close I thought her performance was over the top all season long in fact I didn't take her seriously at all. Emmy worthy? I doubt it.
Old 06-16-05, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Ah, yeah -- that he did. The point is that Tavon knows what Shane did and could remember it at the worst possible time.
Old 06-18-05, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

just watched Descent 1 and 2 on Spike. Seeing Aceveda as a transporter operator, Crewman Salizar, was just too funny
Old 06-18-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by DJ_Spyder
And his handeling of the supporting cast leaves alot to be desired Julien and Danny hardly had anything to do it seems their characters were stuck in neutral all season long and in a really lame move on Ryan's part she gets shot WTF?
BTW..didnt Vic bang Danny outside Close's house one night? What the fuck happened with that?!?!
Old 06-18-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Vic and Danny are pretty much fuck buddies.
Old 06-19-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Vic and Danny are pretty much fuck buddies.
We assume, since the show ignores this fact...or do normal people not bat an eye when a fuckbuddie is shot?
Old 06-19-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Vic had a couple of other things in mind. In the season, it's shown that Danny is the one that petitions Vic for the fucking. So Vic is just rolling with it.
Old 06-20-05, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Finally saw it today... Great Season!

Well I guess who Antwone kills next year. He caught a glimpse of her...
Old 06-20-05, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The thing with the Shield is they always plant a lot of potential story lines and leave themselves open to go in so many different directions, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a plot next season for that particular angle.