Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol - Final 2/Season Finale - 05/24/05 and 05/25/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-05, 09:09 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Round 1 -> Carrie

Round 2 -> Bo

Round 3 -> Bo (I'd buy the single)

I've been trying to vote for Bo off and on for about an hour and have only gotten in once.

I want one of those "Bo" shirts his fam was wearing.

... and did anyone notice that Anwar lost the dreads and is sporting a Lenny-Fro now?
Old 05-24-05, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WildcatLH
Agreed (although unlike Reuben, Carrie is actually talented).

And unlike Clay, Bo is not talented.
Old 05-24-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
i got in 3 times for bo, in the first 5 minutes (before the show was actually over )
only once since.
but i havent been voting much.. corrie left the cordless phone off the hook and its dead now.. and its not worth the hassle to get up

btw.. the local news just showed a huge rally in birmingham where everyone is having a big party and watched bo..
of course.. those are some of his biggest supporters.. AND THEY ARENT HOME VOTING!!!
Old 05-24-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Elldubtoo

just remember.. only that 60 year old chick agrees with you
Old 05-24-05, 09:19 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by twikoff
btw.. the local news just showed a huge rally in birmingham where everyone is having a big party and watched bo..
of course.. those are some of his biggest supporters.. AND THEY ARENT HOME VOTING!!!
Do they have cel phones in 'bama?

Old 05-24-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Do they have cel phones in 'bama?

meh, cellphones are a pain in the ass to flash/redial/flash/redial
Old 05-24-05, 09:44 PM
Banned

just remember.. only that 60 year old chick agrees with you

Rather a 60 year old chick than a bunch of rednecks.
Old 05-24-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Rather a 60 year old chick than a bunch of rednecks.
yea.. cause only rednecks like rock
Old 05-24-05, 10:43 PM

I really hope Bo goes home... BO GO... Nice rhyme. I really don't like that drug addicted hippie...
Old 05-24-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Inside Your Heaven is definitely a song that fits Carrie more, therefore, (IMO) she sung it much better. Bo seemed strained on it in r3.

I just couldn't get into his r1 song, yet (of course) his r2 Vehicle summed up that he is an excellent singer and has great stage presense.

-----

I thought Carrie was great in r1 with the Heaven song. You could definitely tell she was hella nervous so I won't deduct any points for the pitchy notes in the first few lines.

The only thing I think Carrie did wrong was not singing Alone by Heart as her "favorite" from the season (as I think that was her best).

R3 Carrie was, again, excellent. The nervousness was there for a few seconds in the beginning - but she pulled it off in the end.

Therefore, I am pulling for Carrie based on tonights performances (and on the entire season as a whole, give or take that bad "broadway/musical night" performance).

Bo will go far, though. So no complaints.
Old 05-24-05, 10:49 PM
Banned

yea.. cause only rednecks like rock

Yeah everyone who likes rock should vote for Bo because he's such a great rocker.
Old 05-24-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last week was a much better show. I don't really care which one wins since right two made the final. Carrie is a better singer, but Bo is better on stage. I'll be shocked if either one of them has a decent album from American Idol though. Bo's at least has potential to be interesting, while Carrie's will be the usual crap they put out plus a couple country songs.
Old 05-24-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Carrie should win.
Bo WILL win.
Old 05-24-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think Carrie had better versions of both original songs, even though she did crackle on a few notes (but so did Bo). Bo's versions put me to sleep. I was disappointed Carrie didn't pick a better song for round 2. But that long note she hit on her last song sent chills down my spine. That note alone should win her the competition.

I actually got through twice in a row on the 06 number for Carrie about 10 minutes ago, but it's been busy since then.

EDIT: I just got through again.
Old 05-25-05, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
In hour 2, I got in 3 votes for Carrie after about 8 minutes of re-dialing. Then I did other stuff, like watch my recording of House, M.D.
Old 05-25-05, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Voted 3 or 4 times so far for Carrie, both deserve to win!
Old 05-25-05, 12:56 AM

I taped the Idol finale 'coz I was out and just finished watching it. I noticed that Carrie's "recap" performance of the last song was different from the actual performance. Her actual performance of her last song had a rough note at the end (I'm sure a lot of people noticed this) but when Idol showed her recap performance of the same song, the ending was smooth. Wassup with this?

Don't get me wrong but I really liked Carrie's last song even though the last note was rough. I think she's going to win this. Simon may be right for once
Old 05-25-05, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Carrie should win.
Bo WILL win.
Old 05-25-05, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by conscience
The only thing I think Carrie did wrong was not singing Alone by Heart as her "favorite" from the season (as I think that was her best).
I agree 100%. I was waiting for her to sing this as her favorite as well. It was still her best performance of the season IMHO. She can blow, dude!
Old 05-25-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by conscience
Inside Your Heaven is definitely a song that fits Carrie more, therefore, (IMO) she sung it much better. Bo seemed strained on it in r3.

I just couldn't get into his r1 song, yet (of course) his r2 Vehicle summed up that he is an excellent singer and has great stage presense.
i thought bo did a great job with IYH, even though i thought it was a terrible song for him.. Carrie did a pretty crappy performance on that one.. although bo's rd1 was pertty weak too (2 crappy songs, didnt fit him at all)
Carrie sounded really good on the 3rd song, until she cracked on the long notes at the end. rd2 was Bo's, hands down.
Old 05-25-05, 07:42 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what "rd" stands for. Obviously, it's the three different songs (rd1, rd2, rd3) but I can't figure out the abbreviation. Guess I'm not up on the AI "lingo."
Old 05-25-05, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk God

i dont think its an AI lingo thing

Ive always used rd as the abbreviation for round
always seemed to be a commonly used abbreviation

such as with a boxing match
Old 05-25-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If by talented you mean playing the skin flute you are probably right.
Old 05-25-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Once again I ask the question - this person is a "senior member." Is that the title people have to reach to be allowed to repeatedly threadcrap and not get suspended / banned for it? I'm sick of seeing the same threadcrap drivel week after week. It's the one reason to be thankful that AI is over, we don't have to see this garbage anymore.
Old 05-25-05, 09:07 AM

Rd. 1 Carrie, Rd. 2 Bo, Rd. 3 Carrie...
I knew this would happen... at the end of all the AI seasons, the final songs they sing are these sappy pop style "accomplishment" type songs... like "I can do it" or "I believe" or "I'm flying" or "I've made it to heaven" etc... whatever, you know what I mean. And, Bo is just not right for those songs. His second song was well within his range and he did sound well and has always had the "originality" factor. Very smart move to sing without the music last week (and the lighting for that didn't hurt either.) That alone may have turned over enough people to vote for him this week.

Carrie has the "pop" and "country" crowd behind her but not all "country." I think the Travis Tritt/Country/Rock crossover NASCAR folks will go Bo. (Not saying anything bad about NASCAR fans, I love it and the fans). That being said, Carrie, to me has better range and I thought the "accomplishment" songs were sung better by her as they were more her style. Her "crack" on the last note of the last song was more because she was about to break down and cry over the moment. That was acceptable for me and did not detract from the song but put more "emotion" in it for me. What has over the course of the season grown to be unacceptable for me is her stage movement... presence is great- she could just stand there and put that HD camera on her face and leave it there and I'm ok with 65 widescreen inches of that, but when she sings uptempo songs, wiggles her hips then moves across stage stops then wiggles her hips (rinse-repeat until end of song), that "don't look right."

They both will be "winners" in the end and are both good individually. I don't see the end as much as "competition" or "who will win" because they both won for their respective audiences. Bo would do better $'wise losing because they could make music in his style as opposed to pop-silly-I've made it through the rain-bla-bla-bla songs and he would sound better. Carrie can be a Faith Hill pop/country crossover type recording one version for the pop radio stations and one version for the country stations and boom, good $'s for her. Well, I've certainly devoted way too much time to this diatribe and need to get to work.

PS... Carrie would have sealed the deal if she had sung "Alone" as prev. poster mentioned. Though I rarely disagree with Simon, I must say I thought she would have done real bad to sing that "Cry" song from last week. I thought for sure she would sing "Alone."

Last edited by Miami Joe; 05-25-05 at 09:11 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.