Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville **90 Minute Season Finale** - 05/18/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-05, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It'll be interesting how college goes for all of them. I'm with pretty much all of you though on the stones deal, what a horrible story that was.
Old 05-19-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Travelling across the world to find artifacts was fine...

...it was the Countess and black magic Salem Witch crap that was bullshit
Old 05-19-05, 02:56 PM
ATX

so where you guys think the writers will take the series next season?

and if no amnesia will occur what about chloe and lex?.. i think chloe seen clark playing with the superman stone thingy, but i think lex just saw a super bright light by the time he got up off the ground and got back to chloe
Old 05-19-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by ATX
so where you guys think the writers will take the series next season?
to thursdays
Old 05-19-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Lex doesn't have to forget anything - all he saw was light. He didn't see Clark specifically in there.

Usually I would take responsibility for not knowing the details of a storyline, but I feel OK blaming Smallville. Does anyone fully understand this crap with the stones and the caves? How did the Native Americans fit into it? Why was Lana possessed by a witch? What did the witch have to do with the symbol? And why did Lana (apparently) turn into the witch when she stabbed Jane Seymour, then turn back into Lana sans tattoo?
Old 05-19-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Unless she gets amnesia, how could Chloe become Lois Lane, who doesn't know (at least initially) that Clark has superpowers ?
I assume you are referring to comic book continuity? Or the original movie continutiy? This is neither and hasn't followed any other continuity, why start now?!

I'm tired of amnesia and hope they don't resort to it with Chloe. I'm hoping that Clark realizes she pulled him from the safe, knows the jig is up, and confides in her next season.

I'm also hoping Clark learns to fly otherwise that's going to a hell of of run home!

[William Shatner doing Brad Pitt in Seven]What's in the ship! What the ***** is in the ship![/William Shatner doing Brad Pitt in Seven]
Old 05-19-05, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
i have... last year's finale:

clark is locked in the cave being "reborn"
lex is poisoned
chloe & her dad are seemingly blown up in their witness protection home
lana is on a plane to paris... forever?
the kents see burning crop circles
touche...i still think this years was worse:

1) lana killing some1
2) lana finding ship
3) ship opens
4) lionel dead?
5) jason/kents dead?
6) smallville destroyed?
7) clark/FOS?
8) lex&lana?
Old 05-19-05, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was the Batman Begins clip a continuous scene? How much Scarecrow was in it?

I'm off to search the net for a download of it when I get home.
Old 05-19-05, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kudama
Was the Batman Begins clip a continuous scene? How much Scarecrow was in it?

I'm off to search the net for a download of it when I get home.

It wasn't a continuous scene. It mostly Bruce Wayne stuff with a little bit of Batman. They showed off the Batmobile. I think there might have been one scene where they showed Scarecrow for a split second.
Old 05-19-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 609 Likes on 351 Posts
Just watched it and was pleased (except for the damn "To Be Continued" part!). Man, I was really hoping that they'd take Jason out with a meteor when he was holding the rifle to Martha's head! Oh well. The ship .. doubt it's Kryptonian, unless Supergirl pops out. Or the real Krypto!
Old 05-19-05, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe its the very weak recent episodes, but I found myself not very impressed with this finalle. It was the little things that bugged me. There was like 19 minutes left on the clock when the stones entered the atmosphere, what did they stop for coffee? Another thing, one second Lana is in the Kent's barn, and the next she's back at Lex's. I know stuff like this happens all the time on this show (the instant teleporting between the real and fake highschools last week) but the running clock this week exasberated it. Another time the clock showed one or two minutes left and Lex had time to go from the helecopter to his office, argue with Chloe, and get to the caverns before the meteors hit.
And can people move any slower when certain death is screaming down at them?

Nitpicks asside I thought the whole "meteor in space, waiting for human blood to touch the stone" a bit silly. I would be willing to bet they simply don't bother explaining that next season.

I know I sound like I'm bagging on this show, but it really was one of my favorites until this season.
Old 05-19-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I missed last night's episode. Could someone do me a huge favor and write a brief summary on what happend? I would greatly appreciate it. Or does anyone know a website that would give me a summary? Thanks.
Old 05-19-05, 09:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com...=81&story=8005
Old 05-19-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
just saw Pete on ER
Old 05-19-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, Sam sort of filled out in his face when he answered the door at the Pratt house.
Old 05-19-05, 10:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Puzznic
It wasn't a continuous scene. It mostly Bruce Wayne stuff with a little bit of Batman. They showed off the Batmobile. I think there might have been one scene where they showed Scarecrow for a split second.
Thanks! I'm digging the Bruce Wayne in this version because it might be the parts where Bale can come through in the hyper-controlled/psycho charm department, as Wayne is just a thin shell holding in his true self. It would be awesome if he nuanced that a lot.
I'm not trying to thread jack, but this is really all I care about from this thread. Maybe the 10 minute spot needed it's own thread.

Tim Burton is finally brought to justice (for being a great costume and set designer and not storyteller) on June 15th! (At least it's looking that way so far.)
Old 05-19-05, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Unless she gets amnesia, how could Chloe become Lois Lane, who doesn't know (at least initially) that Clark has superpowers ?
In Superman II, Clark married Lois but he was able to make Lois forget about everything by kissing her near the end of the movie. So if Chloe turns into Lois, then maybe Clark kissed her and made her forget?
Old 05-20-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
It was better than many, many, many of the previous eps would suggest, but they have had better finales.
Old 05-20-05, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Meatpants
And why did Lana (apparently) turn into the witch when she stabbed Jane Seymour, then turn back into Lana sans tattoo?
I'm guessing that since the witch got her revenge upon the ancestors of the people who burned her at the stake (the Teague's) by Lana killing Dr. Quinn, she no longer had to possess Lana.

Finally, another great Smallville episode after 2 pretty dull episodes. It will be interesting to see where everybody ends up, because at the end of the season it wasn't even stated who is going to college, who's leaving town, yadda yadda...
Old 05-20-05, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by mookiemeister
In Superman II, Clark married Lois but he was able to make Lois forget about everything by kissing her near the end of the movie. So if Chloe turns into Lois, then maybe Clark kissed her and made her forget?

I don't remember him marrying her, but I do remember him banging her in the FOS. That was the worst part of Superman II - that he had a super-kiss-amnesia power.
Old 05-21-05, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh well, I'm looking forward to next season. Too bad we all have to wait til next summer.
Old 05-21-05, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't remember him marrying her, but I do remember him banging her in the FOS. That was the worst part of Superman II - that he had a super-kiss-amnesia power.
Which they debunked in IV when Lois tells Clark, "I remember everything."

Anyway, loved the ep.Nice touch having the 2 best episodes bookend this season. BTW, Clark found the first stone in the first ep, not midway to the season.
Old 05-22-05, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The helicopter stuff was crap. If they didn't have the budget to do it right, they shouldn't have done it at all. I think there were ways to do it better, though. Why not shoot from inside the helicopter for most of the scene?
Old 05-22-05, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not a great finale, but at least it looks like they'll have to deal with the multiple cliffhangers and not sweep them all under the rug at the beginning of next season. Of course, I thought the same thing after last year's finale. If there's one thing Smallville's writers are experts in, it's hitting the reset button. And speaking of which, if they dare give Chloe the amnesia treatment, I'm done with this show.

Oh, and Season 4 sucked.
Old 05-22-05, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Kal-El
Which they debunked in IV when Lois tells Clark, "I remember everything."
You watched Superman IV?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.