Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville **90 Minute Season Finale** - 05/18/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 09:00 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrell
What scene are you referring to? I loved tonight's season finale.
The helicopter dodging meteors. I don't care what any nit picker says. It was wicked. It ruled on my 10' screen. Great finale. I just wish Clark would've found out that Chloe knew about his secret.
Old 05-18-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So the best way for Jor-el to lead Clark to his FOS was to hide 3 mystical stones around the world, etch carvings into caves, etc? That is almost as complicated as Darth Sidious' plan to take over the galaxy.

I cannot believe after all this bullshit with the stones and the caves, it was all just about the FOS.

It's really a shame they wasted Clark's high school career on FOTW episodes that had nothing to do with high school or the Superman legend. They should've spent this time on the episodes like Clark ejaculating fire over Krista Allen, wanting to join the football team, etc. Really, 90% of the episodes so far could've been done once Clark was out of school - in fact ,they would've been more believable if they had been.
Old 05-18-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Great way to close out the somewhat erratic past season. They brought back a lot of the darker tones that I liked from season three and Lex's downward spiral is going very strong.

I don't think amnesia is going to play any factor in what Lex and Chloe know about Clark. I feel the payoff is that even if Lex knows something, he'd probably have some kind of psychotic breakdown by that point and wouldn't be able to realize Clark/Superman are the same person. As for Chloe, well....I still feel her knowledge and Clark knowing that she knows will be a big factor by the final episode.
Old 05-18-05, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was kind of annoyed that after Jor El told Clark he needed to hurry up and the stones he was still just walking around. Only by dumb luck did he end getting all 3.
Old 05-18-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Best episode of this season, but this season wasn't that great anyway.

Thought the helicopter dodging scene was nice. I was disappointed that they didn't finish the...
Spoiler:
fortess of solitude
scene.
Old 05-18-05, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
"Just okay" episode of SMALLVILLE. Enjoyed the Fortress of Solitude reference from the movies, and Kristin Kreuk gets better looking every year.

Loved the BATMAN BEGINS preview!
Old 05-18-05, 11:37 PM

this is the smallville i know and love.

i wish there were previews for next season. I hate waiting.
Old 05-18-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
son of a bitch
jason is still alive
Apparently, not for long (if you saw the promo showing that the actor has his own seris next Fall)
Old 05-18-05, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Puzznic
I was kind of annoyed that after Jor El told Clark he needed to hurry up and the stones he was still just walking around. Only by dumb luck did he end getting all 3.
Not dumb luck:
1. One of the stones told Lana to give it to Clark
2. Another gave off a high pitched noise to bring Clark to it
3. Can't remember the 3rd
Old 05-18-05, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

clark got the 3rd (technically 1st) mid season
Old 05-19-05, 12:17 AM
Suspended

Great final episode!!!!! I agree with most of the positive comments above, when this show is good, its really good!

After the lackluster 2 episodes before it, this really payed off in the end. I can't freaking wait till next season!!

This episode was very suspenseful, the scene with Lana and Clark in the loft, the kiss, Lex almost losing it multiple times, Lionel blackmailing Lex, the stones, Lex and Lana at the heli, Ma and Pa Kent hostage everything was awesome, now this is the Smallville I know and love.

As for the CGi, as stated its TV, and for TV I think they looked damn good.

As for performances, what made this episode good was I think the characters, everyobdy acted well.

Call be a wus, but the scene in the loft with Lana and Clark really got to me, I guess I can really relate to it, but I think they did a great job with the scene and everything they have been through over the years, it was a classic scene.

I give the producers, cast, directors and WB a huge thanks for the great finale, can't wait till September.

As for the Batman preview LOVED IT!! I can't wait!!

"Does it come in black?" classic!

What the hell is up with Lex's place, does he have a damn bathroom or what?? Lana was washing her hands in the damn bowl while Lex was pouring from a pitcher?? WTF? Are we the damn Waltons or what?? Lex would have had Lana in one of those chemical shower things at spill sites, I mean shit.

ok thats my only rant

[cleaning their bloody hands]
Jules: Fuck, what did you do to his towel?
Vincent: I was dryin' my hands.
Jules: You're supposed to wash 'em first.
Vincent: You watched me wash 'em.
Jules: I watched you get 'em wet.
Vincent: I was washing 'em. But this shit's hard to get off. Maybe if I had Lava or something, I coulda done a better job.
Jules: I used the same fuckin' soap you did and when I got finished, the towel didn't look like no god-damn Maxi-Pad.

Last edited by animalmystic; 05-19-05 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-19-05, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my fucking DVR only recorded 60 minutes, will this be reaired anytime soon? Im gonna have to wait until the end beginning of next season aren't I? Fuck...
Old 05-19-05, 12:51 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
my fucking DVR only recorded 60 minutes, will this be reaired anytime soon? Im gonna have to wait until the end beginning of next season aren't I? Fuck...
Yep, they usually go in some sort of chrono order during the summer, sucks man sorry
Old 05-19-05, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode. Loved the continuing character development of Lex. Lana and Clark moments were great as were the Lex and Lana ones. Too bad they lied about the 90 minutes.

Oh yeah, you gotta love Lois!
Old 05-19-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
son of a bitch
jason is still alive
And they gave it away by having him in the opening credits still!! Jeeze!
Old 05-19-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by ATX
da fuck was that?

jason comes back, lana spots a new ship???, clark is apparently at the north pole building his fortress

and i guess ma and pa kent are dead by now or at least pa kent
If they are dead, is Clark gonna make time go backword in the season opener to save them once he is finished with the fortress?! Hmmm.
Old 05-19-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Thought the episode was pretty good, although I have to say I'm glad this whole stones nonsense is over.
Old 05-19-05, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Loved this episode. Once again they put out a string of terrible episodes to cap off a so-so season but the finale brings me back for more next season.

As someone said earlier the shit episodes piss me off so much because I know they are capable of producing great episodes.
Old 05-19-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crap. Didn't get what looks to be a good episode. The extra 30 minutes made it overlap with Alias, which is a higher priority Season Pass.

Dammit. I guess I get to hope for a usenet posting of it.
Old 05-19-05, 10:28 AM

I'll bet Pete's one happy motherfucker right about now.
Old 05-19-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
I thought it was pretty good. Though why anyone would think that going in a helicopter, IN THE SKY, just a few minutes before a huge metor shower is predicted to hit is a good idea, is completely beyond me.

I've always said that Chloe should become Lois Lane (remember the whole Daily Planet summer intership psudonym thing?) and Lois again reitterated that she had no interest in journalism, so I'm still holding out hope!
Old 05-19-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by ytrez

I've always said that Chloe should become Lois Lane (remember the whole Daily Planet summer intership psudonym thing?) and Lois again reitterated that she had no interest in journalism, so I'm still holding out hope!

Unless she gets amnesia, how could Chloe become Lois Lane, who doesn't know (at least initially) that Clark has superpowers ?
Old 05-19-05, 10:47 AM

good but incosistent episode in my opinion...lex really carried it imo. the jason thing was rediculous, sorry after being shot and dropping as far as he he did for him to magically appear at the kent's with shotgun?!?

i dont think ive ever seen a finale with so many f'in cliffhangers.

Kristin looked great in the episode, and was quite tolerable.

it was funny when chloe tackled lex in the caves...im glad all that nonsense is done.
Old 05-19-05, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i dont think ive ever seen a finale with so many f'in cliffhangers.
i have... last year's finale:

clark is locked in the cave being "reborn"
lex is poisoned
chloe & her dad are seemingly blown up in their witness protection home
lana is on a plane to paris... forever?
the kents see burning crop circles
Old 05-19-05, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really liked the finale, and am definitely glad the stones angle is finished. It was really starting to get on my nerves, but at least they made it connect in a pretty good way. I've really liked the addition of Lois to the show, I think she adds a lot (both witty commentary and eye candy). Hopefully next season can redeem Smallville from this lackluster season, don't get me wrong I still love the show, but I was very close to deciding never to watch it again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.