Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Network Upfront Week (2005-06 network schedule announcements), May 16-19

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-05, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 216 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
That's only because when you have bad sci-fi writing, it just looks that much worse than bad writing based more on reality. One thing you can't say about Smallville writers - they did not take a great character and run him into the ground this season.
Yeah-yeah, apples and oranges.

The only thing that has kept me some-what remotely interested in Smallville is the addition of Erica Durance as Lois.

Thanks for the Eyes' link, Roto.
Old 05-17-05, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.

However - Everwood at eight isn't a problem for me as of right now. I usually catch up on previously recorded shows until E.R. comes on after I am done watching The O.C.
Everwood will be on at 9:00 pm.
Old 05-17-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 216 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Everwood will be on at 9:00 pm.
On the East Coast.
Old 05-17-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 699 Likes on 569 Posts
The only thing that has kept me some-what remotely interested in Smallville is the addition of Erica Durance as Lois.

Smallville is exactly like Enterprise for me. I watch S'ville only because I love the Superman mythology just like I watched Enterprise only because it is Trek.
Old 05-17-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On the East Coast.
Got it.
Old 05-17-05, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The cast and crew behind "Joan of Arcadia" and "Judging Amy" may be on pins and needles on Wednesday (May 18) morning when CBS announces its fall schedule to advertisers. With the top-rated network on the verge of picking up a slew of dramas, both popular shows may be on the verge of slipping off the bubble.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, CBS is said to be leaning toward at least eight new shows, including five dramas, a figure that makes it highly unlikely that both "Joan" and "Amy" will be back. However, CBS didn't want "Yes, Dear" last fall, but after returning at midseason, the oft-maligned comedy did well enough that it looks likely to get a renewal along with fellow comedy "Still Standing" and the midseason drama "NUMB3RS."

The list of pickups begins with Jerry Bruckheimer's female-centric legal procedural "American Crime," which shouldn't be surprising given how much of CBS' schedule Bruckheimer already controls. The master of the event movie and the small screen has also secured series pickups from NBC and The WB in the past two days.

"Crime" would be joined by two military/intelligence-based procedurals in "Quantico" and "The Unit" (headed for midseason, apparently). CBS is also said to be making goo-goo eyes at two supernatural projects, "Threshold" and the Jennifer Love Hewitt drama currently known as "Ghost Whisperer."
Jenna Elfman's comedy "Everything I Know About Men" is looking strong and the trades report that the buzz is good for "Flesh and Blood," about a family of doctors, starring Henry Winkler and Stockard Channing. The other comedy slot could go to the flashback series "How I Met Your Mother," with Neil Patrick Harris and Alyson Hannigan, though Julia Louis-Dreyfus' "Old Christine" may be ordered for midseason.

On any other network, "Joan of Arcadia" and "Judging Amy" would probably be safe. "Joan" picked up an outstanding drama series Emmy nomination for its first season, but its audience has dwindled, averaging around 7.96 million viewers this season on Fridays. "Judging Amy" has remained solid on Tuesdays, attracting 10.57 million viewers per episode. If CBS executives felt that some of the newly developed dramas might skew younger, though, one or both of the shows may be cancelled.

This is a familiar strategy for CBS. Last spring, the network cancelled "The Guardian," even though the legal drama earned consistently respectable ratings. The network was convinced that "Clubhouse" would draw a more demographically attractive crowd. Instead, the bat boy drama tanked. Proving that CBS' karma was still good, though, the network inserted two installments of "The Amazing Race" in Tuesday slot and ended up getting exactly the young audience it desired.
Old 05-17-05, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrested Development and The Office are coming back, thats all I need to know
Old 05-17-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Not much interest in what CBS is doing except to see what their new dramas are. Every show I watch on it (the Thursday block and TAR) is a lock to come back (and I would be shocked if any of those shows changed timeslots).
Old 05-17-05, 02:50 PM

Received 912 Likes on 603 Posts
Everwood? On Thursdays?

Okay. It's still good for me...

... but then again, you can always catch a repeat on The WB's Big Sunday!
Old 05-17-05, 02:52 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 291 Likes on 224 Posts
"Flesh and Blood," about a family of doctors, starring Henry Winkler and Stockard Channing.
I hope he's still able to show up on Arrested Development as Barry.

I wonder if Stockard Channing getting a pilot means very little in the actual West Wing next year until the new POTUS is elected.
Old 05-17-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
... but then again, you can always catch a repeat on The WB's Big Sunday!

Not next season. Everwood is not part of the Easyview.
Old 05-17-05, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by MrX
I wonder if Stockard Channing getting a pilot means very little in the actual West Wing next year until the new POTUS is elected.

Works for me. Can't stand her.
Old 05-17-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Not much interest in what CBS is doing except to see what their new dramas are. Every show I watch on it (the Thursday block and TAR) is a lock to come back (and I would be shocked if any of those shows changed timeslots).
I may be suckered into watching the new Jennifer Love Hewitt project.
Old 05-17-05, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 964 Likes on 680 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Jenna Elfman's comedy "Everything I Know About Men" is looking strong
Didn't know she was getting a new show. Probably be worth checking out.
Old 05-17-05, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I am pretty happy as all my shows were renewed including those on the bubble. After losing Angel last year, I was afraid that something like Arrested Development would go this year. Some were guaranteed returns (24, Alias, Lost and The O.C.), but I wasn't so sure about the others (Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars and Arrested Development). It is too bad about Eyes though. I was only able to see 1 ep, but thought it was very promising and a lot of fun.
Old 05-17-05, 04:40 PM

SCIFI:
Stargate SG-1, Friday 7/15 8 p.m.
Stargate Atlantis, Friday 7/15 9 p.m.
Battlestar Galactica, Friday 7/15 10 p.m.
Tripping the Rift, Wednesday 7/27 10 p.m.
Old 05-17-05, 05:07 PM

More info about Commander-in-Chief:
Davis stars with Donald Sutherland in "Commander-in-Chief." She assumes the presidency with twin teenagers and a 6-year-old at home, and a party that wants her to resign rather than take over for a dying president.
Old 05-17-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 197 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeporter
Davis stars with Donald Sutherland in "Commander-in-Chief." She assumes the presidency with twin teenagers and a 6-year-old at home, and a party that wants her to resign rather than take over for a dying president.
Ugh. Sounds like a bad Disney movie premise. Despising Geena Davis won't help either.
Old 05-17-05, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikeporter
Is she taking over for President McAllister?
Old 05-18-05, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

sucks with the alias move, but for some reason i am wondering if the move up an hour to 7pm CST is going to make a difference? it has always been on at 8pm. probably not.
Old 05-18-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"Joan of Arcadia" and "Judging Amy" have been cancelled per USAToday website tonight. I'm VERY sad to see "Joan" go, just when it ended the season on such an intriguing note. Of course, seeing Wentworth Miller in the ads for "Prison Break" led me to believe he knew he wouldn't be going back to "Joan". . .but I was still holding out hope. Times like these, I want to never watch and get attached to any new shows. . .

Last edited by rkndkn; 05-18-05 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-18-05, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
DirecTiVo with only two tuners + Joey at 8 + Alias at 8 + Smallville at 8 = See ya Smallville.
Someone does watch Joey!!
Old 05-18-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When will Zap2it or FutonCritic update their sites with the official info? What time has it happened the past 2 days for the other networks?
Old 05-18-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rkndkn
"Joan of Arcadia" and "Judging Amy" have been cancelled per USAToday website tonight. I'm VERY sad to see "Joan" go, just when it ended the season on such an intriguing note. Of course, seeing Wentworth Miller in the ads for "Prison Break" led me to believe he knew he wouldn't be going back to "Joan". . .but I was still holding out hope. Times like these, I want to never watch and get attached to any new shows. . .

That's interesting. Couldn't care less about either show, but zap2it was reporting yesterday that CBS was going to renew one of these shows and drop the other.
Old 05-18-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Seantn
When will Zap2it or FutonCritic update their sites with the official info? What time has it happened the past 2 days for the other networks?

Late morning (although WB was in the afternoon).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.