Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Born To Run" -- 05.11.2005

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
yep, my wife said the same thing (and I agreed). She looks much better on the island.
Old 05-12-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
agree w/ everyone who's is saying she looks hotter w/o all the makeup.

Some of those shots of her towards the end of the show, when she's by the fire.....mmmmmmmmmmmm......her head hung a little low, but her eyes looking up......damn fine.

I don't suppose anyone has screencaps do they?

~Jason
Old 05-12-05, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chew
Actually, I think they open up the hatch and find Wisteria Lane.
And maybe with that they will learn to give answers instead of just questions. Lost's storytelling is way too slow and the flashbacks arent that exciting anymore.
Old 05-12-05, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kate's story is no way the least interesting. It's not the best but way better than Boone/Sharon's brother-sister love crap.

btw, Kate is F'ing HOT in the island.
Old 05-12-05, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
My only quibble (which I get is the carrot on the stick) is that there has been so little discussion by the characters of the "t-rex", which if I was stranded on the island would be a big concern of mine. Likewise with Rousseau, the hatch, etc....
Charly was working on track 2 "Monster eats the Pilot"
Old 05-12-05, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Next week, we get 1 hour of Lost, and 2 hours of Alias. The following week we get 2 hours of Lost (not sure about Alias).
LB: Alias will have its hr season finale after Lost on May 25. If anyone misses next weeks Lost episode, its scheduled to re-air at 8:00 pm ET on May 24.
Old 05-12-05, 11:04 PM

I just watched it for a second time. There are a few "clues" in this:
Kate hides behind the flowers she is delivering as she passes the receptionist and the guard. Doesn't explain the guard, but she was trying to miss him.
The doctor/friend could be the person she was "married" to when she was drinking with Sawyer. Kate is on the run from "killing" the doctor but it looks like the cop shot him. The body was slumped over as it crashed thru the cars.
I thought the toy plane was her fathers not her doctor/friend. Still doesn't connect how the plane got in the safety deposit box.
Old 05-12-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Just because they didn't show it on screen doesn't mean that it's not implied that she got the plane. The camera pans to it as she turns around and then cuts to the coming police. cut back to her leaving the car. It's assumed you connect that she picked up the plane and later put it in a safety box perhaps?
Old 05-13-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DocBrass
I thought the toy plane was her fathers not her doctor/friend.
On the cassette recording, it is 100% clear that the plane was the boy's.
Old 05-13-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

. Kate is on the run from "killing" the doctor but it looks like the cop shot him. The body was slumped over as it crashed thru the cars.
Doesn't mean anything. Felony murder.
Old 05-13-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Just because they didn't show it on screen doesn't mean that it's not implied that she got the plane. The camera pans to it as she turns around and then cuts to the coming police. cut back to her leaving the car. It's assumed you connect that she picked up the plane and later put it in a safety box perhaps?
But why would she need to break into the box if she put the plane there in the first place? My take: It was place there by his wife or parents. They gets a call that the good doctor is dead and they get the possesions. If I remember correctly the plane wasn't the only thing in the box right? The wife/parents puts away the stuff for safe keeping; maybe the husband mentioned in the past how special the plane was to him and he thought lost it. Kate obviously can't ask the wife/parents for the plane so she steals it.
Old 05-13-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 234 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
yep, my wife said the same thing (and I agreed). She looks much better on the island.
My wife used the phrase, "approachable-pretty." I agreed -- when I've seen Lilly on Letterman or other shows where she got all dolled up, she looked fake. She's sexy as hell in t-shirts and jeans.
Old 05-13-05, 11:36 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DocBrass
The doctor/friend could be the person she was "married" to when she was drinking with Sawyer. Kate is on the run from "killing" the doctor but it looks like the cop shot him. The body was slumped over as it crashed thru the cars.
I think she was definitely on the run before "killing" the doctor. But she did say she was married, didn't she? Surely we'll find out more, probably about her father, next year.
Old 05-13-05, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by treszoks
Big questions still unanswered:

What is the trex?

Monster Eats the Pilot

We need a :trex: smiley.
Old 05-13-05, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So Kate's name really is Kate ..

And, i know she was hiding to pass the guard, but it didn't look like she was going in the room that the guard was in front of, was she?

And, regarding the preview for next week's episode ...

Spoiler:
Was the name shouted at the end Alex?
Old 05-13-05, 09:40 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
So Kate's name really is Kate ..

And, i know she was hiding to pass the guard, but it didn't look like she was going in the room that the guard was in front of, was she?

And, regarding the preview for next week's episode ...

Spoiler:
Was the name shouted at the end Alex?
I think it was simply
Spoiler:
"heeeellpp meee!!!"
Old 05-14-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I didn't like Kate's back-story as much this time even though we found out the significance to her toy-plane. Her doctor friend was a moron - still can't believe he through everything away to stay in the car. Way to think about your wife and kids.

Things on the island were definitely more interesting. Jack and Locke's banter about discretion got a chuckle out of me.

Poor Sun - doesn't know she was played by Kate.

So - when is Walt going to be a be to move objects w/ his mind?
Old 05-15-05, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I finally was able to watch this episode tonight and found it to be a below average episode.

I think the problem that I find with Kate is that I don't find her character as interesting or complex as the others therefore her backstory also suffers in comparison. As most of you have indicated, I find her also to be an extremely good looking woman but she eventually will need to start "acting" and to start conveying more emotional range for us to care about her character.

Last week I found the Sayid backstory to be more interesting than the island stuff and this week is the total opposite.

BTW, when Walt touch Locke's hand and told him not to open it, it reminded me of the movie "Dead Zone". Maybe Walt can see visions or glimpses of the future by touching people.
Old 05-17-05, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
BTW, when Walt touch Locke's hand and told him not to open it, it reminded me of the movie "Dead Zone". Maybe Walt can see visions or glimpses of the future by touching people.
Exactly. So, we know Walt can produce animals just by thinking it (e.g. bird, polar bear). Now, he can tell the future by touching certain people. I wonder what else this kid got up his sleeves?