Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justice League episode question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-05, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by uhftv
Only gripes I had about the last couple of shows is how did freakin Steel get to be in the League? That is the STEEL from the great Shaquille O'Neal movie, right?
Steel was a mid-level DC hero long before Shaq made his crappy movie.
http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1578
Old 07-20-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
what's even more amazing is that Steel is supposed to be a pretty damn intelligent guy.

so let's get shaq to play him!
Old 07-20-05, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
what's even more amazing is that Steel is supposed to be a pretty damn intelligent guy.

so let's get shaq to play him!
Yeah they shoulda got Jack Black or Tom Hanks.
Old 07-20-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Can't wait for the next episode but I'm also sad that it'll mean a seemingly unending wait formore episodes.
Old 07-23-05, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good ep, IMO. Even managed to throw in a little reference to Batman Beyond : Return of the Joker.

Loved Amanda's comment about Bruce leaving his DNA all over town.
Old 07-23-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone else catch that amazing homage to the opening (Very first scene in fact) of the pilot episode of Batman TAS? At the end, when Terry is flying around Gotham and we don't see him, but his shadow on the buildings whizzing by as he has his wings outstretched? It's the opening shot of The Manbat doing the same in "On Leather Wings" (I think that was the name of the pilot ep). And then we see a GCPD Hovercraft flying above the clouds as Terry buzzes them and the cop yelps a "did you see that?" or "What was that?" or something to that effect. It was the same as when the Manbat did it in the pilot to the cops in the blimp.

I got a little misty, I'm not ashamed to say, when I realized the reference, as it's been, what, 13 years now since the show began, starting this great string of DC cartoons? I've grown up with these things and it all started with Batman back in 92, I think it was. The fact that this ep seemed to bring a close to the whole saga all the way up through Batman Beyond, while throwing a wink back to the begining... classy.

Doc
Old 07-23-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, Batman Beyond was always a favorite of mine and I was so thrilled to hear learn that they incorporated the Batman Beyond universe and tied it nicely in with the current JLU universe.
Old 07-24-05, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Absolutely loved this episode. Although I'm glad they renewed the show, had they chosen this to be the absolute last episode ever, it would have served as the perfect coda.
Old 07-24-05, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by WildcatLH
Very good ep, IMO. Even managed to throw in a little reference to Batman Beyond : Return of the Joker.

Loved Amanda's comment about Bruce leaving his DNA all over town.
Yeah, that was a sweet reference to ROTJ.

It was also sweet to see Inque and Shriek.

Man, I feel happy and sad at the same time. Happy that we finally got a "true" ending for the show, but sad that it is done with. BB was far and away my favorite superhero cartoon, and I feel like we got robbed as to how short of a time it was on.
Old 07-24-05, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Loved the show. My son did not like it at all, he had not seen the Batman Beyond show and does not know to much of the history of Batman on TV. But, for us who have grown up with the shows over the years, it was great to see a fitting end to the Batman Beyond series.

The should do a JL in Batman Beyond time frame. Bruce could be the mental leader of the League. The HQ could even be in the Bat cave.
Old 07-24-05, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron_Giant

The should do a JL in Batman Beyond time frame. Bruce could be the mental leader of the League. The HQ could even be in the Bat cave.

They did an episode of Batman Beyond with a version of the JL under Superman's leadership. Superman was much older with grey hair on his temples and he was with a bunch of newer heroes. Of course, older Bruce still wasn't fond of Supes nor did he trust him, and
Spoiler:
he had good reason, one of those "Starro" aliens had been stuck on Superman's chest for a number of year and it had him under its control. Superman was doing some bad things but no one realized it until Terry and Bruce discovered the alien after some strange things happened and Superman was the perp.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-24-05 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-25-05, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
Did anyone else catch that amazing homage to the opening (Very first scene in fact) of the pilot episode of Batman TAS?
I caught that as well. It actually made me pull out and open my Batman: TAS first season boxset and throw it into my "TV on DVD" watching rotation.
Old 07-27-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
I caught that as well. It actually made me pull out and open my Batman: TAS first season boxset and throw it into my "TV on DVD" watching rotation.
Heh, same here.
Old 07-27-05, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Spoiler:
If Bruce Wayne is Terry's Dad, wouldn't he be the father of Terry's younger brother as well?
Old 07-28-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Spoiler:
If Bruce Wayne is Terry's Dad, wouldn't he be the father of Terry's younger brother as well?
Spoiler:
While certainly it wasn't explained, that could be possible. Or that nanotech Terry's dad was infected with could may have become dormant or something after Terry was born. Who knows.
Old 07-28-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Having watched the replay on Sunday, Terry does mention his brother though. I just assume that like Waller explained, it takes a lot more then genes to create a Batman. His brother was probably too young for something like their father's death to have an impact, along with Terry being a troubled kid.
Old 07-28-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
His brother was probably too young for something like their father's death to have an impact, along with Terry being a troubled kid.
Which is funny, cuz Terry's brother was about the same age as Bruce when his parents were killed.
Old 07-28-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Perhaps Terry got Batman's angst and his little brother got his mother's
Old 07-28-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well Terry's little brother looked just like Terry (and neither looked like any of their respective parents) so he's also Bruce's son. I just imagined him as a sort of Robin Beyond (or Nightwing Beyond, take your pic) sometime after that episode takes place.
Old 07-28-05, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Morf
Which is funny, cuz Terry's brother was about the same age as Bruce when his parents were killed.
True, except Bruce felt his parent's death was his fault.
Old 07-29-05, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
Never was a big fan of Batman Beyond. Because I wanted to see another 52 episodes
of the New Adventures of Batman but instead we got the a Fake Batman set in the future. Still there were some good shows like the Mister Freeze episode.

This last episode of JLU was Excellent.
Cool B&W images from Terry's Thought gave a nice insight of the character.
Waller ROCKED!! Funny lines. And they didn't shy away from her religious beliefs.
Original Batman giving comfort to Ace was sweet. It was remainer that Bruce does Care about people.

Can hardly wait for Season 3 of JLU to Start.
Bring on The Legion of Doom!!!
Old 08-19-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

ANother thing I liked about this ep was the reference to the Grey Ghost. That was a nice touch as well.
Old 09-18-05, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
When Flash was running AROUND THE WORLD to come up behind Lex/Braniac... I was literally on the edge of my seat and literally digging my nails into the armrests. Simply fantastic.
Smallville's Luthor beating Telly Savalas Luthor = classic.

Sorry seeing previews for new season of Smallville reminded me of this fight...