Survivor: Palau - S10 Ep8 - 04/07/2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Palau - S10 Ep8 - 04/07/2005

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-05, 10:37 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Question though, when could Tom and Ian have talked to Stephanie? Or are they just assuming that they could pull her into their alliance? It sure didn't seem that is what they meant, rather that there is already an agreement in place. Am I simply forgetting some earlier episode?
Old 04-07-05, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think Steph will win. Determination is one thing, but competence and actual winning is another. Sure, it's like she's like Alex on The Apprentice, but when Alex got thrown in with the losers, he became a loser too (Trump's words, hardy-har-har).

What would be interesting is if they split them up into 2 tribes of 5, and this might give Steph some life left on the island. She has little chance if the tribes merged into one tribe with 10 contestants left.
Old 04-07-05, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been impressed with Stephenie from early on, but, as a previous poster mentioned, because she's not that bright, I've kind of felt all the posting about her being one of the best Survivors ever or the best female was undeserved. Her loyalty to James was not smart and letting Angie go was a big mental error (I believe, had Angie been around, they would have won at least once). But she won me over tonight. To be the sole Survivor of that sorry lot will make her a clear cut pick for the next All-Star edition.

She seems to have a will to win the challenges that is uniquely impressive, because she always steps up and gets it done. If BJ keeps her 15-30 second lead OR extends it as you would expect, maybe they overcome their problem with puzzle solving. When BJ gave back the whole lead, I knew they wouldn't win. And BJ had to think he'd win the fire contest and Steph just seemed to make the perfect decision on what to do with the fire as if it wasn't possible for her to lose or make a mistake.

I think she is one of the best ever and, sadly, she may not even make the final 8.

I would love for her to win next week head to head against Tom for immunity (not reward), giving her tribe their only win.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 04-07-05 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-07-05, 11:22 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by movieking
That eating challenge was nasty.

they eat those on fear factor too.
Old 04-07-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Pharoh
Question though, when could Tom and Ian have talked to Stephanie? Or are they just assuming that they could pull her into their alliance? It sure didn't seem that is what they meant, rather that there is already an agreement in place. Am I simply forgetting some earlier episode?
The 20 contestants were all together for three days before they divided into tribes. When they divided, they went into tribes of 9, thus eliminating the two leftovers.
Old 04-07-05, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why did BJ shoot snot rockets into his sleeping area? That didn't seem like too good of an idea.
Old 04-07-05, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's because BJ ain't too bright.
Old 04-08-05, 12:43 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Happy to see they went with my suggestion for the tribal council.

Also glad I get at least one more week of Stephenie parading around in her bra.

It would be great if they let her carry this on until she loses a challenge, picking off the other tribe one by one. Of course, if she did do this they would probably immediately take her out once the "tribes" merged. Unless they simply don't bother with a merge this season. Either way, they have done a great job of making something so lopsided into a very interesting season.
Old 04-08-05, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chinolofus
they eat those on fear factor too.
I've eaten Balut too, while in Philippines.
The REAL thing is far nastier than the ones they ate. The ones on the show can be found in Asian specialty food/grocery stores here in the states if you want to try it.
Old 04-08-05, 12:54 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pharoh

She may not be the brightest Survivor ever, but I have never wanted any reality contestant to win as much as I want her to win. She is about much more than just what Survivor is.

I will co-sign that! Great post
Old 04-08-05, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by animalmystic
I will co-sign that! Great post

As would I!!! She's Great...Attractive, Never Quits, and Fun to Watch!!!

Bruce
Old 04-08-05, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
I thought that Greg and/or Coby might sabotage the immunity challenge to try to get rid of Tom or Ian. If they were going to do something like that, now would've been the time to do it.

Hell, if Tom, Ian, Stephenie (and who else?) have a secret alliance, might those guys start sabotaging Koror challenges to keep her in the game until the final four?

And with tonight, they're down to nine people. The next one off will be on the jury, providing they're doing a jury this time. And when/if Stephenie is eliminated, will Koror then go to having individual immunity, or will they split into two different tribes?
Old 04-08-05, 02:18 AM
ams

It was obvious she would win the final immunity challenge right from the start...

BJ put the thin coconut shavings down first....like he had always done when starting a fire. She put down a fat stack of sticks down to raise up the pile, then put the flammable stuff down. It was over as soon as she lit it. He truly is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Old 04-08-05, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When Steph won the last immunity challenge I couldn't help but cheer.

I think things would have been a bit more even if Koror had to sit out new people for immunity and reward until they were all cycled through. Like if Tom went for the immunity challenge he couldn't go again until everyone on his tribe competed in either a reward or immunity challenge. When Tom, Ian, and to a lesser Gregg and Colby can keep going of course they'll win. They're just cycling through their strongest while getting breaks in between. Granted that isn't really fair to them, but I don't care Their lovey dovey attitude irritates me and I cannot wait for them to have to start voting each other off. Right now it's just an extreme vacation to them. I also wouldn't have been opposed to Koror having to use a woman in both the challenges last night. Anything to keep Steph around.

Man I was so pissed at Jennifer last night getting hot about not being able to take a shower. Tom and Ian should have been able to scrub there feet in that water if thats what they wanted to do. I'm glad Tom kinda shut down Ian who was trying to open up the shower for use. Even if they do end up with a surplus it's very smart to be able to cut out one of the main chores of the island (having to get and boil water) saving that energy for challenges.
Old 04-08-05, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by boredsilly
When Steph won the last immunity challenge I couldn't help but cheer.

I think things would have been a bit more even if Koror had to sit out new people for immunity and reward until they were all cycled through. Like if Tom went for the immunity challenge he couldn't go again until everyone on his tribe competed in either a reward or immunity challenge. When Tom, Ian, and to a lesser Gregg and Colby can keep going of course they'll win. They're just cycling through their strongest while getting breaks in between. Granted that isn't really fair to them, but I don't care Their lovey dovey attitude irritates me and I cannot wait for them to have to start voting each other off. Right now it's just an extreme vacation to them. I also wouldn't have been opposed to Koror having to use a woman in both the challenges last night. Anything to keep Steph around.

Man I was so pissed at Jennifer last night getting hot about not being able to take a shower. Tom and Ian should have been able to scrub there feet in that water if thats what they wanted to do. I'm glad Tom kinda shut down Ian who was trying to open up the shower for use. Even if they do end up with a surplus it's very smart to be able to cut out one of the main chores of the island (having to get and boil water) saving that energy for challenges.
Agreed on the rotation. Probst and producers are trying to act like this one sided tribe is something brand new. It would have happened before in other seasons if they didn't mix up tribes when it started to get one sided. They need to do 1 of 2 things if they want to do it this way. They need to rotate players thru challenges as you said or they need to have the type of challenges where everyone in the tribe competes no matter how lopsided the tribes become. They probably also need to make the tribes pick who will be competing before tree mail comes and tells them basically what they are doing. This is the exact reason why they mix up the tribes in previous seasons because it would continue to go like this.
Old 04-08-05, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyhow, anyone take note that Steph at least made it to the jury. I just realized there are now 9 survivors left on the island.
Old 04-08-05, 07:25 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
If there is not a merge, with the ratio of 8:1, to be in the final two Stephenie would have to win 7 immunity challenges in a row to be in the final 2.

The odds are stacked against her... but I'll be rooting for her anyways.

There can be only one!

... and I hope its her.
Old 04-08-05, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Somebody photoshop that photo so it looks like she's carrying the servered heads of Tom and Ian with her.
Old 04-08-05, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-08-05, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I love the fact that they're doing this tribe thing the way they are.

Here's how i wish they'd expand on that.

Obviously if they leave Steph by herself, she'd go head to head for immunity. Now, what i'd like to see them do is whomever hte other tribe puts up against her, whoever loses is out. They put Tom up against her and he loses, he's gone.

THis way Koror can't just keep throwing their best 2 people at her (assuming she wins).

I think it would be dumb if they said Tom goes against her, she wins, and then they go back and vote off some weak link. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 04-08-05, 07:59 AM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Anyhow, anyone take note that Steph at least made it to the jury. I just realized there are now 9 survivors left on the island.

If this is true, (not doubting it, just hadn't thought about it), then she has to join the other tribe. How could she be on the jury without ever witnessing anything about the other tribe?

Another comment on Stephanie's strategic ability: I think she has strategically played wonderfully, from first aligning with Angie, to sticking with James, and finally to partnering with Bobby Jon. All were very good tactical moves, proven by the fact that she is the last member of her tribe standing. She deserves to be.

I am also intrigued by the "alliance" mentioned by Tom and Ian. I still don't understand it, (it could have been in the time spent together prior to the start of the game that was mentioned), but if it holds, Stephanie will not immediately be voted off after going over to the other tribe.
Old 04-08-05, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
Either way, they have done a great job of making something so lopsided into a very frustrating season.
FIXED.

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
I think it would be dumb if they said Tom goes against her, she wins, and then they go back and vote off some weak link. Doesn't make sense to me.
You're right that wouldn't make much sense. Otherwise, she will end up facing off against Tom for every immunity challenge as the team would sit him out for the rewards... of course if Koror knows the loser in the immunity challenge immediately gets booted (which would be GENIUS b/c they'd essentially be forced to have a sort of tribal council BEFORE each immunity challenge), they will start sending the likes of Caryn, Jenu and Katie out first.

Also - why aren't they bathing in the ocean?!

If Steph looses the immunity challenge next week, does Koror then compete as individuals?

Last edited by rfduncan; 04-08-05 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-08-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Obviously if they leave Steph by herself, she'd go head to head for immunity. Now, what i'd like to see them do is whomever hte other tribe puts up against her, whoever loses is out. They put Tom up against her and he loses, he's gone.

THis way Koror can't just keep throwing their best 2 people at her (assuming she wins).
That is a great idea! But even so I know as cock sure as he is, Tom would still volunteer to go against her first or second unless he started trying to strategize. I would love for them to do this.
Old 04-08-05, 08:16 AM

I am loving Tom right now! His comments during the reward challenge were fantastic... "I had a little chirp out of that one!"

It's good he knows that he & Ian are going to be huge targets once they go to individual challenges. I do hope that they merge so that Tom & Ian can pull Steph into their alliance. I would LOVE to see those be the final 3.
Old 04-08-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
Either way, they have done a great job of making something so lopsided into a very interesting season.

This could have easily been a terrible season given the one-sidedness, but it has been rather entertaining throughout.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.