Desperate Housewives -- "There Won't Be Trumpets" -- 04.03.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-05, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"There Won't Be Trumpets"

Spoiler:
There's a change in Mama Solis' (guest star Lupe Ontiveros) condition; Lynette befriends a deaf woman, Alisa (guest star, Academy Award winning actress Marlee Matlin), whose children also attend Barcliff; Bree encounters more trouble with son Andrew; and Susan finds herself attracted to Edie's hunky new contractor (guest star Rick Ravanello).
Old 04-03-05, 04:02 PM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
...the first of 7 new episodes...
Old 04-03-05, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was last week a rerun? I still have it on the Tivo and its not marked as a repeat.
Old 04-03-05, 06:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 283 Likes on 216 Posts
no, last week was new
Old 04-03-05, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looking forward to tonights episode. I am very happy that there will be 7 new episodes.
Old 04-03-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Watching it now. A very interesting opening before the credits
Spoiler:
that wraps up an ongoing but largely forgotten storyline, with a fate to the character that you would think would only happen to Teri Hatcher's character.
Old 04-03-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished watching it.

Spoiler:
Damn, Gabrielle is one cold hearted chick
Old 04-03-05, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone notice that Andrew was watching Lost? Looked like it was the pilot episode.

Speaking of Andrew, damn, and my mama thought I was rude to her when I was a teenager.
Old 04-03-05, 09:37 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

"Your deaf not blind"

Pretty good episode
Old 04-03-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally, the Vanderkamps ship Andrew off, just in time with mama Solis's untimely demise.

Gabby is a heartless beyotch. She's become so unlikable.

Lynnette's hubby signing "I told you so" was classic.

Susan deserves all crap she ends up in. Edie set Susan up pretty good. Haha. I know, Edie wasn't being logical, but there are some long, built-up resolved issues between her and Susan, even with their friendly turn last week.
Old 04-03-05, 10:30 PM

Did anyone else notice the bit of changed dialogue during the walk to the crypt?

Spoiler:
Bree says to Lynette, "You have to hand it to Gabby and Carlos, they can grieve better than anyone" when her mouth obviously says, "You have to hand it to the Catholics, they can grieve better than anyone."

An understandable change given current world events, I think.
Old 04-04-05, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I noticed some kind of blurb there, but didn't investigate.

I'm surprised ABC would go with that line even if the Pope was vigorous, virile and potent.

cfg
Old 04-04-05, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question to you guys about some plotlines...

1) Whatever happened to the secret regarding Lynette's husband? Anyone remember back when his father came and upset Lynette, and at the end of the episode he confided in his dad that he has some dark secret. Did we ever find out what it was?

2) What is happening with Rex still staying with Bree? I remember he was supposed to stay there till he recovered from the pill problem (I think)...did they work things out (or trying to) or is he still there on a temporary basis?

3) Lastly, I missed some of the show...why exactly was Gabrielle so happy/satisfied about over the cellphone for?

Thanks.
Old 04-04-05, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1) Who knows...

2) I think Roger gave Rex placebo pills, thus, the "prescribed pills" aren't have any effect on Rex, so his condition hasn't improved.

3) Evidently, the hospital offered Gabby $1.6 million to settle for any future litigation the Solis's might pursue in the event of mama Solis's unfortunate demise.
Old 04-04-05, 01:19 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I think she was smiling because she gets the money and Carlos is still going to jail for awhile so it will give her plenty of time to fool around with John.
Old 04-04-05, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gaby is just heartless. Her husband isn't exactly a nice guy, but she's just evil. In the end he stepped up to do the honorable thing, and (from the looks of it) she plans on letting him go to jail still. What a bitch.
Old 04-04-05, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, she is still a bitch, but I still like her. It's almost like we are supposed to root for the villian.

As for the dropped storyline for Lynette and Tom, it is going to get picked up again in the next few episodes, according to some things that I have seen posted.
Old 04-04-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Question to you guys about some plotlines...

1) Whatever happened to the secret regarding Lynette's husband?

2) What is happening with Rex still staying with Bree?

3) why exactly was Gabrielle so happy/satisfied about over the cellphone for?
1) Not sure, but given that it happens just after Lynette tells him that she'll leave him if she ever finds out he has had affairs (just like his father), I think the unheard confession to his father means he has had an affair while on the road (either in the past or that is still going on).

2) This one was not clearly explained, but Bree ran into George-the-Pharmacist at a diner a few episodes back when she was going through the divorce process, and he told her that if she loves Rex, then she should hold onto him and work things out. After that, we never saw or heard anything more on the divorce process. (Note that later in that same episode, Rex threatened George-the-Pharmacist and that was when he said Rex was not a good man and replaced his heart medication with something else.)

3) Gabby...
Spoiler:
was given a settlement check by the hospital over the death of Carlos' mother (although it would seem that Carlos' name would be on the check too, if not instead of Gabby's, that seems to not be the case)
Old 04-04-05, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

IIRC, one episode Bree and Rex were back together, and it was brought up a number of times in that weeks thread. It almost seemed like we missed an episode that contained their reconcilliation.
Old 04-04-05, 08:37 AM

Ok Episode for me. Gaby is just becoming irratating. I liked Mama Solice and can't belive they ended her part so quickly. Lynette and Bree are the only reasons to watch the show. Susan is boring cause you know she's jsut gonna trip over something. Edie is cool in a anti-social kind of way.

As for Bree and Rex being back together, I remember an episode where they had it out on why Rex cheated and he told her about the S&M and she freaked out...but since that was the only reason, she said I'll try it to stay together. She tried it and didn't like it but said she would try it again at the end of the episode. Since then I assumed they were back, cause they haven't brought up the cheating since that episode.
Old 04-04-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 638 Likes on 512 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
3) Evidently, the hospital offered Gabby $1.6 million to settle for any future litigation the Solis's might pursue in the event of mama Solis's unfortunate demise.

She can't settle anything though. Carlos can.

Also, I took her conversation with the lawyer to mean that she will have to wait for Carlos to get out of jail before filing a suit (or settling). Obviously, she will have to stand by her man for 8 months.
Old 04-04-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Very funny with the little girl translating her mother's tirade against Lynette.

I shudder to think what my father would've done to me if he saw me spitting in my mother's face or kicking her out of my way. Not that I would've, of course. Glad to see Rex stood up for her.
Old 04-04-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
She can't settle anything though. Carlos can.

Also, I took her conversation with the lawyer to mean that she will have to wait for Carlos to get out of jail before filing a suit (or settling). Obviously, she will have to stand by her man for 8 months.
I took it the other way. I took it that she had to wait for Carlos to go to jail in order to get the money. Once he is in jail, the money will be theirs, and the courts will not be able to take in. Until he starts serving his sentence, the courts can take the money.
Old 04-04-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 638 Likes on 512 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
I took it the other way. I took it that she had to wait for Carlos to go to jail in order to get the money. Once he is in jail, the money will be theirs, and the courts will not be able to take in. Until he starts serving his sentence, the courts can take the money.

Even if that is true, it is sloppy writing. She doesn't have standing to bring suit; he does. Now if the hospital is paying her to keep silent 'under the table,' okay, but a hospital would not be stupid enough to do that.
Old 04-04-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 198 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Very funny with the little girl translating her mother's tirade against Lynette.

I shudder to think what my father would've done to me if he saw me spitting in my mother's face or kicking her out of my way. Not that I would've, of course. Glad to see Rex stood up for her.
Lynette's story was the best part of the ep again, imo.

My dad would have beaten my ass if I had the nerve to spit in my mom's face. I was kind of hoping Bree would have hit him upside the head a few times. Anyhow - glad he is gone. Most annoying character on the show.

Gabby was funny when she was trying to convince Carlos that his mother would want a more practical, simple casket. Then he goes and buys a mausoleum.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.