Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Think of a TV character and waste some time...

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Think of a TV character and waste some time...

Old 03-12-05, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i stumped it with Coach Graham T. Lubbock from Just the 10 Of Us
Old 03-12-05, 11:55 AM

Some of you people seem to have a very broad definition of sit-com LOL

I tried Hymie from Get Smart,Arnold the Pig from Green Acres,Kato from the Green Hornet,Mr French from Family Affair,& a bunch of others

It got them all
Old 03-12-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, I can't believe this is finally back. I first discovered another site that had this way back in like Fall of 2000 but lost the link and wasn't able to find it again (i think the original site went down). Thanks for the link.
Old 03-12-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My first try it didn't know it.
I was Jerri Blank from Strangers With Candy.

Well, there you have it, I was wrong again. I was positive that you were Annie from Little Orphan Annie! But you are far too clever for a puny computer like me. Now you can go and tell everyone while I sit here and try to put the pieces of my crumbled existence back together.
You can help me with one thing, though. If you tell me who you were and give me a good yes/no question, then I'll be able to guess it right next time. Wouldn't that be nice? But please, try to pick a general question that would be answered "yes" for some characters and "no" for some others. For example, "Are you Monica's brother?" is a bad question, because the answer is "no" for many many characters and "yes" for very few.
Tell me who you were: (Name) from (Country or TV Show)
Tell me a good general question that guesses you with a 'yes' answer and Annie from Little Orphan Annie with a 'no' answer:
I didn't know what to write as a question so I ended up going with: "Are you a recovering drug addict?"
Old 03-12-05, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There are many mistakes. It isn't anything but a script making you do the work to update itself. So any bonehead can put in a mistake, or something like are you gay - yes, right after are you gay, no..
Old 03-12-05, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ok, now i am a little impressed.....

It wasn't easy, but I won this time. You are player number 2 to have chosen Orlando from Strangers With Candy. Orlando from Strangers With Candy was a tough one, but I've had a lot of practice. Thanks for giving me something to do. Please visit again soon.
it finally got it after tons of silly "no" questions...and then i came to this question....
Do you sacrifice coconuts to monkey gods?
and then i knew it had me pegged, lol.
Old 03-12-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He's good!

I win again! You are player number 6 to have chosen Greg Brady from Brady Bunch. I knew you were Greg Brady from Brady Bunch from the start, but I strung you along for a while to make it seem more sporting. I hope that one day you will overcome the powerful sense of humiliation that you now feel. Until then, good luck.

I'm gonna try again...this time, I'll be Gilligan. See if he's so smart...
Old 03-12-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
I win again! You are player number 2 to have chosen The Todd from Scrubs. I knew you were The Todd from Scrubs from the start, but I strung you along for a while to make it seem more sporting. I hope that one day you will overcome the powerful sense of humiliation that you now feel. Until then, good luck.

It honed in on Scrubs fairly quickly then took a bit getting through all the characters.
Old 03-12-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I played this with a twist... Instead of answering questions based on a character I was thinking about, I answered the questions based on me. In other words:
Am I a woman? No.
Do I unset the people I work with? No.

etc.

It thinks I'm Doogie Howser, MD.
Old 03-12-05, 03:14 PM

I beat it with Omar from The Wire, and Al Swearengen from Deadwood.

Some of the questions are very subjective, like, "Am I funny?"
Old 03-12-05, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by bwvanh114
I played this with a twist... Instead of answering questions based on a character I was thinking about, I answered the questions based on me. In other words:
Am I a woman? No.
Do I unset the people I work with? No.

etc.

It thinks I'm Doogie Howser, MD.
Interesting tweak...I'm
"I guess that you are Michael Bluthe from Arrested Development! Am I right?"
is that the Jason Bateman character?
Old 03-12-05, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I stumped it with Leo from Twin Peaks. At first I thought that it wasn't a fair choice, since TP isn't a sit-com, but neither is the Sopranos, which the game mentioned several times.
Old 03-12-05, 05:34 PM
Banned

Lenny from LA LAW!

couldn't figure him out.
Old 03-12-05, 06:00 PM

Any problems with the questions (such as Cartman who saw the site guess Arnold as a female, or users finding non-sitcom characters) are due to previous users providing faulty data...

Since the data is ALL user generated, you can do anything you want. It just goes through the same questions in order, as long as the answers your provide are the same, and you'll come to the same result.

As bwvanh114 did, you could answer the questions just as YOURSELF. When it finally makes a guess, say that it's wrong and provide a new question pointing to yourself (supplying your name as the answer). Your new question is now part of the program. Play it again answering EXACTLY the same as you did before, and you'll get your new question. Answer that, and it WILL guess YOUR NAME.
Old 03-12-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dtcarson
Interesting tweak...I'm
"I guess that you are Michael Bluthe from Arrested Development! Am I right?"
is that the Jason Bateman character?
lol! That's awesome! C'MON!!
Old 03-12-05, 06:45 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts
Well, I win this round. You are player number 777 to pick Gunther from Friends, and what a clever choice it was! You almost had me for a while, but you let your guard down. Don't worry, it happens to all of us sooner or later. Please play again, and next time I'll be ready for you, Gunther from Friends.
Old 03-12-05, 06:48 PM

It wasn't easy, but I won this time. You are player number 3 to have chosen kenny banya from Seinfeld. kenny banya from Seinfeld was a tough one, but I've had a lot of practice. Thanks for giving me something to do. Please visit again soon.

i'm gonna get this guy!
Old 03-12-05, 06:59 PM

i just got this as a question..."DOES HUMBURGLER EAT OUR YOUR ASS WITH A MCGRIDDLE?!?"

what the hell does it mean? anyone else get it?
Old 03-12-05, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Darq
As bwvanh114 did, you could answer the questions just as YOURSELF. When it finally makes a guess, say that it's wrong and provide a new question pointing to yourself (supplying your name as the answer). Your new question is now part of the program. Play it again answering EXACTLY the same as you did before, and you'll get your new question. Answer that, and it WILL guess YOUR NAME.
I've tried that, but after submitting the info...
Note: If you add something stupid to our database, we will first erase the entry and then ban you from playing again. No one wants that.
...so it remains to be seen how long it'll work.
And I stumped it with Chet from Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home.

EDIT: That was quick. It doesn't lead to my name anymore. Bummer.

Last edited by Luther Heggs; 03-12-05 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-12-05, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
i just got this as a question..."DOES HUMBURGLER EAT OUR YOUR ASS WITH A MCGRIDDLE?!?"

what the hell does it mean? anyone else get it?
If you beat the game, you get to supply a question in which the "yes" answer refers to your character or dicatator. Someone with a broken caps lock and a lazy eye for spelling beat it and added this clever question.
Old 03-13-05, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Darq
I encountered just that when using Jaye from Wonderfalls. It guessed I was Barbara from orlando, FL.
Old 03-13-05, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,092 Likes on 789 Posts
I decided to play myself and see who it thought I was.

It thought I was Captain Quark from Quark. At first I thought it meant Quark from DS9.
Old 03-13-05, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It wasn't easy, but I won this time. You are player number 85 to have chosen Floyd the barber from Andy Griffin show. Floyd the barber from Andy Griffin show was a tough one, but I've had a lot of practice. Thanks for giving me something to do. Please visit again soon.

I think the only two questions I answered Yes to were "Do you own your own business" and "Do you live in a small town"
Old 03-13-05, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It wasn't easy, but I won this time. You are player number 2 to have chosen Jody from Family Affair. Jody from Family Affair was a tough one, but I've had a lot of practice. Thanks for giving me something to do. Please visit again soon.

Well, I win this round. You are player number 214 to pick Buffy from Family Affair, and what a clever choice it was! You almost had me for a while, but you let your guard down. Don't worry, it happens to all of us sooner or later. Please play again, and next time I'll be ready for you, Buffy from Family Affair.
Old 03-14-05, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
I win again! You are player number 131 to have chosen Mr. French from Family Affair. I knew you were Mr. French from Family Affair from the start, but I strung you along for a while to make it seem more sporting. I hope that one day you will overcome the powerful sense of humiliation that you now feel. Until then, good luck.

And I stumped it with Cissy from Family Affair! go figure.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.