Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazing Race 7 - 03/08/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will get eliminated this week?
Debbie and Bianca (Lifelong friends)
1.96%
Susan and Patrick (Mother and Son)
5.88%
Rob and Amber ("Celebrities")
0%
Brian and Greg (Brothers)
0%
Lynn and Alex (Boyfriends)
3.92%
Meredith and Gretchen (Retired couple)
41.18%
Ray and Deana (Dating on and off)
3.92%
Uchenna and Joyce (Married)
7.84%
Megan and Heidi (Roomates)
21.57%
Ron and Kelly (Dating)
13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Amazing Race 7 - 03/08/05

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fok
Actually Rob was pretty funny last night, too bad the blondes got eliminated, oh well at least there still two other hot chicks on the show.

He's always pretty funny. He's cocky which makes most people turn on him but I think he's learned to tone that down somewhat.
Old 03-09-05, 10:53 AM

so far rob has by far played the best game....he has made all the right decisions and should have won last week's leg too if not for some traffic problems...romber should glide through this race because they are having fun with it, and that what makes it enjoyable to watch for me.
Old 03-09-05, 11:07 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Fok
Actually Rob was pretty funny last night, too bad the blondes got eliminated, oh well at least there still two other hot chicks on the show.

which 2
Old 03-09-05, 01:03 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As many others have said already, Rob is taking this race to a new level. I loved the part where he got several teams to chip in $5 for the bus driver and then kept his own 5 bucks. You get the feeling he's just toying with these people.
Old 03-09-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
"House" was a repeat, but viewers apparently missed it the first time around, as the episode approached series highs with a 10.1/15 to give the 9 p.m. hour to FOX as well. CBS stayed second with the 7.1/11 for "The Amazing Race." ABC's two episodes of "According to Jim" averaged a 6.4/10 for third. NBC moved back up to fourth with "Will & Grace" and a new "Committed." The WB's "The Starlet" got a better sampling on Tuesday than in its Sunday premiere, doing a 1.8/3. UPN was sixth with a "Veronica Mars" repeat.
Old 03-09-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, did we decided upon what the team's nicknames will be?

Some of the nicknames that I seen people use in the Amazing Race thread are:

Rob and Amber: Romber or Team Survivor.
Debbie and Bianca: Team The L-Word
Meredith and Gretchen: Team Geezers, Team Retirement Home

Any suggestions for the remaining teams?
Old 03-09-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought we settled on most of them in the series premier thread.
Old 03-09-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What is even more astonishing about last week's finish is did you notice that Rob and Amber and the Mother/son combo finished roughly 20 minutes behind the girls. If I recall the trucks that teams got on wwent every 20 minutes and then they got their cabs, that's the case the girls made up a total of almost 40 minutes on the other 2 teams.

Also, I knew Rob would be good, based on how shrewd he had been on Survivor but this outright funny how he is playing these other teams. Barring
some truly bad luck by them or dumb luck by others they should at the very LEAST be in the top 3.
Old 03-09-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by runner001
I thought we settled on most of them in the series premier thread.
Thanks, I found the post in the series premiere thread. This was done by Patman:

Revised my team nicknames:
Brian and Greg - Team Hermanos
Debbie and Bianca - Team Evil
Lynn and Alex - Team On Fire
Megan and Heidi - Team Barbie
Meredith and Gretchen - Team AARP
Ray and Deana - Team May/December
Rob and Amber - Team Survivor
Ron and Kelly - Team All-America
Ryan and Chuck - Team GOB (Good Ol' Boys)
Susan and Patrick - Team Mom/Son
Uchenna and Joyce - Team Ebony
I suggest changing Debbie and Bianca to Team The L Word instead of evil.
Old 03-09-05, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Schloob1

Also, I knew Rob would be good, based on how shrewd he had been on Survivor but this outright funny how he is playing these other teams. Barring
some truly bad luck by them or dumb luck by others they should at the very LEAST be in the top 3.
Of course luck plays a big part in TAR. Rob could be the best strategic player ever but all it would take is getting in the wrong cab or choosing a car that has a blowout and they could be done.
Old 03-09-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Count me in with the Romber fans! Rob is just an amazing competitor. Smart, too. Amber will ride his coattails all the way to the finish line, just like in Survivor. (Not that I fault Amber for it. She pulls her weight and doesn't complain. )
Old 03-09-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Damfino
Anybody that underestimated Rob's abilities will be regreting now that they are seeing the show. Who was that guy last week that said Rob was dumb as a rock? (I'm too lazy to re-read last week's thread)
I remeber when the gay son said that I told my wife, "Rob is a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them."
Old 03-09-05, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey

I knew I'd be rooting for Rob and Amber when this thing began, but I didn't expect them to come out swinging like this. I love it. If they can keep this up, this could be the best season yet.

das
Strong agreement.
Old 03-09-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
More team alternate nicknames:

Bianca and Debbie: Team Lezzabe (Team The L Word is awkward), or Team Lezzeh Faire
Susan and Patrick: Team Bates (as in Momma and Norman Bates)
Ray and Deana: Team Suck-It-Up
Unchenna and Joyce: Team Bland
Old 03-09-05, 07:31 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
It should be "Team L-Word" not "Team The L-Word". I agree that the latter is awkward.
Old 03-10-05, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

We got some choices to make on these two teams:

Debbie and Bianca - Team Evil/Team L-Word/Team Lezzabe/Team Lezzeh Faire
Rob and Amber - Team Survivor/Team Romber

Final Nicknames:
Brian and Greg - Team Hermanos
Lynn and Alex - Team On Fire
Meredith and Gretchen - Team AARP
Ray and Deana - Team Suck-It-Up
Ron and Kelly - Team All-America
Susan and Patrick - Team (Mom and Norman) Bates - This is good. Thanks Patman.
Uchenna and Joyce - Team Bland
Old 03-10-05, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not a Rob fan, but he is playing the game brilliantly up to this point. Loved how he pooled the other the other teams money and didn't contribute; how he paid off the bus driver to let them out first; how he had enough sense to stack the books properly; how he is helping the last place teams from last week to get rid of the real competition; how he is pushing everyone's buttons to get them riled up. They are going to be the team to beat.

Too bad the blondes are gone. I am pretty sure it was a tattoo on her back as well.

The brothers were crushed. There goes any potential cozying up in hotels in exotic locations.
Old 03-10-05, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

We call Uchenna/Joyce Team Eartha because she looks like Eartha Kitt.
Old 03-10-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Rob' ultimate quality is that he would rather make his brother and his friends back in Boston watching him on TV laugh than make friends with the other contestants.

Every thing he does, just picture him thinking this

"Oh man, Sully's gonna fucking love it when I screw these two old people over"
Old 03-10-05, 09:19 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
Wow, good call.
Old 03-10-05, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hard to know where to drag line here with Rob. He was brilliant with way he stacked the books to point I didnt pay attention and wondered why everyone else had to make two trips. But he was almost disgusting enough to bribe doors closed and looks like stealing taxis pretty soon too. I dont claim to know what rules are for AR if there are any I sure at least physical contact is not allowed but do where draw the line? How far before its too far? Booby traps for next contestant? Bribing every taxi you dont take if your ahead with few bucks to get competitors lost? I much rather root for guy that is still smart yet is enjoying the view of new countries and is honest when confronted with ploys.

Last edited by madara; 03-10-05 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-10-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by madara
Hard to know where to drag line here with Rob. He was brilliant with way he stacked the books to point I didnt pay attention and wondered why everyone else had to make two trips. But he was almost disgusting enough to bribe doors closed and looks like stealing taxis pretty soon too. I dont claim to know what rules are for AR if there are any I sure at least physical contact is not allowed but do where draw the line? How far before its too far? Booby traps for next contestant? Bribing every taxi you dont take if your ahead with few bucks to get competitors lost? I much rather root for guy that is still smart yet is enjoying the view of new countries and is honest when confronted with ploys.
That's basically how I feel about Rob. He's a slimy character, but he also plays the game in a smart way. I won't say I'm cheering for them right now, but it'll be interesting to see if other teams pick up on him and ally against their team.
Old 03-10-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Achtung
That's basically how I feel about Rob. He's a slimy character, but he also plays the game in a smart way. I won't say I'm cheering for them right now, but it'll be interesting to see if other teams pick up on him and ally against their team.
As long as some teams can use other teams for information and ride others coattails, I have no problem with doing whatever it takes to keep info quiet.
Old 03-10-05, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Achtung
Rob and Amber will be yielded the first chance they could by any team with a brain cell (if they last that long which I think they will unlike Allison and her bf).
Old 03-10-05, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdollaz
I want to call them Team Test Tube, since they said if they win, they'll use the money to try for a baby. Or Team In Vitro.

I'm actually kind of rooting for them because that is sweet.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.