Lost -- "Numbers" -- 03.02.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Numbers" -- 03.02.2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-05, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Here's a more complete list from a guy on the aforementioned forums:
- # of years Danielle’s distress has been looping
- # of years since Sam and Lenny heard the numbers
Oh huh, I think this proves my point: If Sam and Lenny heard the signal 16 years ago, that means that they heard it around the time (16 years ago) that the counter started. The assumption is that this is when Danielle's message started looping, but that's not possible: 16 years ago the two guys in Australia heard the numbers. If Danielle's message had started 16 years ago, they would've heard her distress call, NOT the numbers.

I knew I was right...
Old 03-05-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shoppingbear

I knew I was right...
I knew you were right, too!
Old 03-06-05, 06:54 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
brilliant episode ! my brain hurts trying to figure everything out
Old 03-06-05, 07:37 AM
Cool New Member

boone/shannon

Originally Posted by cerulean
I don't remember a tshirt with aces, but Boone has been wearing a shirt that has the number 84 written in Chinese on the front. Or more specifically, the characters are

Thinking back to about that same timeframe - I was just reviewing old episodes and there was a scene where shannon was crying because she was mean to a guy that evidently had died and she saw his body. "He wouldn't let us have our first class seats and I was mean to him. He saved our lives." BUT! In the same episode in Charlie's flashback to when he was trying to get into the bathroom, he passed right in front of them sitting in leather seats right near the front of the plane... what's up with that? Is it a discontinuity?

Also - regarding numbers. This is a stretch but the girl that Jack speaks about operating on in the first episode was 16 years old (the spinal surgery with the split nerve sack).

Interesting...
Old 03-06-05, 01:54 PM

So...anyone win the lotto this past weekend??
Old 03-06-05, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mega Millions: 7, 10, 13, 35, 39 Megaball: 21
(So if you double the Megaball number, you get 42 which was Hurleys Megaball number.)

New York State Lotto: 8, 36, 40, 41, 46, 54 Bonus Number: 15
(So 8, 15 were the only numbers that came in and you don't get anything for one number plus the bonus. You need at least three numbers-non bonus-and all you win is a $1. Bonus number doesn't come into play unless you have five out of the six numbers above and then the bonus.)

I then played the daily Take Five drawing and used the first five numbers, minus 42 (since it only goes up to 39 on the ticket) and last night, 4 and 16 came in, which gives me a free play. I have one more drawing (tonight) with those numbers left.

I'll continue to use the numbers for the Mega Millions and New York State Lotto drawings. (I don't play the Take Five-only did so since I wanted to try out the numbers in all three of the games-maybe I keep doing so since I won at least a free play. Damm Hurley, you and your numbers are making me spill out more cash! LOL)

LB...
Old 03-06-05, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by trooper7
Thinking back to about that same timeframe - I was just reviewing old episodes and there was a scene where shannon was crying because she was mean to a guy that evidently had died and she saw his body. "He wouldn't let us have our first class seats and I was mean to him. He saved our lives." BUT! In the same episode in Charlie's flashback to when he was trying to get into the bathroom, he passed right in front of them sitting in leather seats right near the front of the plane... what's up with that? Is it a discontinuity?
You can see Shannon and Boone in Charlie's flight flashback as he crosses from one aisle to the other; it's only after this (and a couple cuts back to the pursuing flight crew) that Charlie goes through the blue curtains into the very front section of the plane. It's back through these same blue curtains that Charlie manages to crawl before buckling himself in a seat, so presumably that's about where the separation between the cockpit and the survivors' section was.
Old 03-06-05, 06:42 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Bob511
You can see Shannon and Boone in Charlie's flight flashback as he crosses from one aisle to the other; it's only after this (and a couple cuts back to the pursuing flight crew) that Charlie goes through the blue curtains into the very front section of the plane. It's back through these same blue curtains that Charlie manages to crawl before buckling himself in a seat, so presumably that's about where the separation between the cockpit and the survivors' section was.
Excellent. I assumed I missed something simple like that. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 03-07-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I also assumed that although it looked like first class, they could have been seated in business class, which is available on many transcontinental flights. Business class seats probably aren't good enough for Shannon - she needs first class seating.
Old 03-08-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode. Quick question:

Did Hurley take the lump sum?
Old 03-08-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by nevermind
Great episode. Quick question:

Did Hurley take the lump sum?
Apparently, he was worth 150mil a short time later
Old 03-16-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 924 Likes on 656 Posts
Originally Posted by Ttiberius
I'm really reaching now but I wonder if the buried Hatch thing is
Spoiler:
A submarine & its transmiting the signal,after all the french chick said they were following the signal & hit the rocks--how it would get there is a mystery though lol
Not as far fetched as you think seeing how

On Jan. 6 we had:
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Why has no one discussed what was in the ground:

Spoiler:

In the previews we get a couple of seconds of what Locke and Boone found in the ground.. it silver and has round windows like an airplane has. Overall, it looks like one of those silver PanAm airplanes - Was there was another plane crash 40 years ago? (just going with the 4 theroy mentioned above)

Or it could be a submarine (1,000 Leagues style)
then a week later on Jan. 12 I posted:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'm going to go out into left field and say Locke and Boone found a submarine.
I had not read CPA's post since I don't even acknowledge posts full of black boxes when I posted my speculation.

So you are not alone in your assumption.

Finally caught up. I love all the speculation on the numbers. And since I waited, I only have a couple of weeks until a new one airs.

What I'm wondering is how the cops showed up so quick to the new house. If 911 was called wouldn't the fire dept. show first? I mean, as soon as they stepped out of the Hummer, bamm! Hurley is getting arrested.
Old 03-16-05, 02:36 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Michael - count me as a submarine believer .

I think the cops had been following him or something, they were there because he was a suspected drug dealer, not because of the fire.
Old 03-16-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
it's not a submarine. There was a spoiler photo of the whole hatch