TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Monk 2/25

Old 02-26-05, 01:23 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Monk 2/25

This was a pretty easy episode to figure out what the bad guys were after, after they said the copier had a paper jam and she didn't have the key you knew something important was in there.

It was great to see them work in Howard again. The interrogation scene was good and I loved the scene with Monk and Stottlemeyer going over why Monk's system of organization makes more sense

I was looking at an episode list at tvtome and they're still considering this run part of season 3 so I assume next week will be the last episode we get until the summer.
Old 02-26-05, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been enjoying Traylor, but the mysteries since she came on board have just stunk. Last week's episode in Vegas was really the only decently-written mystery of the entire "season" so far. Half the episodes it seems like they just outright tell us what Monk spends the entire episode trying to figure out in the first minute and the other half you'd have to be unbelievably stupid not to figure out. True, this show isn't all about figuring out the case, but it's been enjoyable in the past.

Howard seemed rather forced, and the fact he wins after Teeger HQ get's shot at and then a grenade thrown in her house? Sorry, just not remotely logical to have him win the election excluding the fact his OCD would turn most voters off.

The humor in the show is still great, but it seems like they've written off the shows initial crime-comedy set-up in favor of strictly comedy. Not utterly horrid, but I miss having a crime that takes a bit of thinking alongside the humor.
Old 02-26-05, 02:30 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by coladar
The humor in the show is still great, but it seems like they've written off the shows initial crime-comedy set-up in favor of strictly comedy. Not utterly horrid, but I miss having a crime that takes a bit of thinking alongside the humor.
I agree with this, as well as your other comments. It almost feels to me like they come up with uncomfortable setups for Monk first (Monk in the woods, Monk vs Howard, Monk in a panic room, etc.) and then try to write the murder around it. I still enjoy the show, but I wish they'd try a little harder and not just coast off the character all the time.
Old 02-26-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We loved last night's show, we laughed more than we have in weeks.

1. Interrogation room was fantastic
2. Voting booth (adjusting the rings was some great writing)
3. All the interaction between Howard and Monk: great to see someone give Monk a challenge

What is up with Traylor and the new mystories behind her husband?
Old 02-27-05, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hmm, maybe I was a bit slow, but I only figured out it was about the copy machine after the guy fired n bullets at it.
Totally agree with coladar, they need to work on the mystery part. A lot.
Old 02-27-05, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
at this point, Natalie > Sharona.
Old 02-27-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
at this point, Natalie > Sharona.
I'm still Sharona > Natalie. Granted Sharona was the original reason that I started watching the show so I'm biased. Oh well I still have the DVD's

I do like Natalie though so I can't say I'm disappointed.
Old 02-28-05, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not to sound like a broken record, but I certainly agree with the comments: this show seems to be pushing more toward comedy and less toward mystery.

Hard to believe it's the season finale next week already!
Old 02-28-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd love to see Monk make a guest appearance on CSI. I'm sure the CSI's would love him.