Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica 2-25-05 "Flesh + Bone"

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battlestar Galactica 2-25-05 "Flesh + Bone"

Another very solid episode. Strong work by Katee Sackhoff, which is becoming the norm. James Callis is one of the most effortlessly hilarious actors I've ever seen. His shooing of the skittish Boomer after the Cylon detection test was a hoot. "It's green, very green...BRIGHT green!" Nice twist at the end too. I see growing tension in the coming weeks. Thoughts?
Old 02-25-05, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought it was a good episode. I was a bit disappointed that there was no nuke blast.

I think they explained the cylons' God "belief" pretty well.
Old 02-26-05, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I like how they spaced him in the end
Old 02-26-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

can someone please tell me what the prisoner whispered to the president at the end? I didn't have my captions on and I totally missed it.
Old 02-26-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think he said that Adama (sp?) is a cylon then the Piresident freaked out.
Old 02-26-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 353 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by runner001
can someone please tell me what the prisoner whispered to the president at the end? I didn't have my captions on and I totally missed it.
Something along the lines of "Adama is a cylon." That's what was bothering the president at the end, though I think she's forgetting that Capt. Adama isn't the only Adama on the ship.
Old 02-26-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think this is following the DS9 model

each season has a few episodes with lots of SFX and the rest are character building on sets for budget reasons
Old 02-26-05, 03:08 PM
Suspended

it was a good episode but I'm really starting to wanna see more action. The character building is great, but I think they're built enough. Lets blow some stuff up now!
Old 02-26-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What is the point of the Caprica scenes? That plot is just going nowhere. The guy can't get back to Galactica so what's the point of it all.

Baltar should go the Adama about Boomer. Sure tell her she is human right in front of her but alert the athorities afterwards.
Old 02-26-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 353 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by resinrats
What is the point of the Caprica scenes? That plot is just going nowhere. The guy can't get back to Galactica so what's the point of it all.

Baltar should go the Adama about Boomer. Sure tell her she is human right in front of her but alert the athorities afterwards.
I wonder if the Cylons' goal is for them have a kid or something. Or maybe there is some information they want. I don't think anyone can say the plot is going nowhere since we don't know what's going to happen.
Old 02-26-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
the caprica stuff will get tied in, don't worry
Old 02-26-05, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why was Starbuck interrogating the Cylon? Do they have other people better suited for that job than a pilot?
Old 02-26-05, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems like the show is trying to insinuate that Starbuck is a Cylon with him telling her about her emotions and why she feels them, as if they're programmed. That would be pretty weak, although maybe I misread that. Obviously Captain Adama isn't one, since whatsisbot attacked him in the mini-series.

As for motives, my guess is that the Cylons are goading the humans into leading them to Earth so that they can once and for all destroy all humans in the galaxy.
Old 02-26-05, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tasha99
That's what was bothering the president at the end, though I think she's forgetting that Capt. Adama isn't the only Adama on the ship.
Wha? Apollo? Nooooo!
I'm confused why Sharon didn't seen Number Six talking to Gaius.
Old 02-26-05, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

number six isn't physically there, and sharon's cylon programming is so deeply hidden that it only manifests itself for specific missions and she has no memory of it
Old 02-27-05, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Boomer is a sleeper, even within the realm of her own conscious perceptions.

I'm assuming the bit of Cylon intrigue whispered at the end is all bullsh*t. The elder Adama predates the current evolutionary level of the Cylons and Lee is Adama's son with a known line of genetic descent. Boomer and the others, at least as thus far revealed, have all been independent plants with no proof of family or extended history within the Colonies. This *is* all supposition as I've not seen or read anything from the already conluded European run of the show. It would seem much more likely that Starbuck is a Cylon, which I would not dig. She does have some history but I'm not sure how far back it goes.
Old 02-27-05, 09:21 AM

Battlestar Galactica

Originally Posted by necros
it was a good episode but I'm really starting to wanna see more action. The character building is great, but I think they're built enough. Lets blow some stuff up now!
The Cylon motherships look like giant starfish. I like to see closeup screenshots of these goliath ships, inside and outside of these shipwalls, and the many cylon winged enemy ships that fly out like bats scattering out for prey. I can imagine thousands of Cylon stormtroopers lining up on the huge sports stadium-like area in those mother ships, just like watching Star Wars. It is obvious that Battlestar Galactica will later, like in the late 70s, be in the cinema. The big battle between human and Cylon robot is the worst encounter I've seen. The terminator robots in Terminator are another robot species. The Cylons are deadlier.
Old 02-27-05, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are 19 episodes for the first season, right?
Old 02-27-05, 09:11 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Originally Posted by Ranger
There are 19 episodes for the first season, right?
No, just 13. It did get renewed for a second season though. I believe they upped the episode count for the next season to 20.
Old 02-27-05, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I was a bit confused, the UK dvd seems to say season 1 volume 1, which I assumed included 13 epidoes and the second volume dvd box would have the other six episodes. But just 13, ok.
Old 02-27-05, 10:00 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Originally Posted by Ranger
Ok, I was a bit confused, the UK dvd seems to say season 1 volume 1, which I assumed included 13 epidoes and the second volume dvd box would have the other six episodes. But just 13, ok.
You know I do remember reading that SkyOne ordered up 6 more episodes. Originally I thought they were going to be added to the season 1 total, but then Sci-Fi announced the renewal for season 2 and I just assumed the 6 episodes would be a part of that. Hope they do add the 6 additional episodes to the first season though. I've really enjoyed this new version of BSG. So much so that I had to end my boycott of Sci-Fi for canceling FarScape.
Old 02-28-05, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by al_bundy
i think this is following the DS9 model

each season has a few episodes with lots of SFX and the rest are character building on sets for budget reasons
Yeah, but if they end up being this entertaining, I can't complain too much.
Old 02-28-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
Except that Cylons are machines and don't need to breathe. The vacuum of space shouldn't kill a Cylon or am I missing something?
Old 02-28-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Damfino
Except that Cylons are machines and don't need to breathe. The vacuum of space shouldn't kill a Cylon or am I missing something?
It depends on how well the Cylons built them. If it's human enough to sweat and eat, maybe it's human enough to require air?
Old 02-28-05, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
Not exactly the smartest move they could have made, IMO. You've got an enemy that can mimic humans down to the sweat glands, and now you've got a specimen in custody. Wouldn't you perhaps want to study it, to see what makes it tick; how it works? To see if it has weaknesses? To test potential weapons on? Plus Adama's got Baltar working on a Cylon detector--wouldn't having a real live Cylon onboard help towards that end? I understand they might think he's too dangerous to leave onboard, but couldn't they deactivate him and study him? It seemed like too valuable a commodity to just flush out the airlock.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.