Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dr. Phil - 02.24.05 - what a trainwreck

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-05, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JesseCuster
I'm no psychologist but I'm not sure if it's possible for someone to be a child molester without having experienced it his or her self. It's not something that I think can manifest itself spontaneously or semi-spontaneously. I think there has to be a cause and effect relationship and I don't think it can be something that is so innocuous that others can miss it or if they do, that the victim doesn't recognize as a central cause of their mental illness. I know there are some practicing psychologists contributing to this thread. Maybe they can shed some light on it.
I'm no practicing nothing, but I am almost positive that it can child molesters can manifest themselves. Some people are just unbalanced. Sure, more times than not it's about the cycle, but no always. Can't be. Mainly because a lot of child molesters are also pedophiles, ones being actively attracted to kids.

Last edited by boredsilly; 02-26-05 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-01-23, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Re: Dr. Phil - 02.24.05 - what a trainwreck

Dr. Phil talk show to end on daytime TV | CTV News
NEW YORK -Daytime television psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw says he plans to end his talk show after 21 years in the coming months, but viewers haven't seen the last of him.

"Dr. Phil" was the most prominent spinoff from Oprah Winfrey's show, which once dominated daytime TV. The Texan's program debuted in September 2002 after he'd been featured as a regular guest on Winfrey's.

"With this show, we have helped thousands of guest and millions of viewers through everything from addiction and marriage to mental wellness and raising children," McGraw said in a statement. "This has been an incredible chapter of my life and career, but while I'm moving on from daytime, there is so much more I wish to do."

The traditional broadcast TV season ends in spring; there was no date given for Phil's final show.

Old 02-01-23, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

I watched the show a lot during its first few years so it's sad to see it go. I'm guessing He might want to retire as I checked and he's in his 70s now and has probably made a ton of money off the show.
Old 02-01-23, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

It would be cool if he had a reunion of sorts from some of his most famous guests for his final show.
Old 02-01-23, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts

With Judge Judy and now Dr. Phil the trend seems to be to leave reruns on the air instead of replacing it with something new. Oprah would probably still be on the air if she'd seen how cheap and lazy the daytime broadcast TV market has become.

Last edited by philo; 02-01-23 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-01-23, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Could just be me but I've noticed he isn't walking as well as he used to. Getting a little bit of an old man shuffle.