Originally Posted by kvrdave
Double Dumbass on you all.
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Humpback People?
(S.T. 4)
Old 02-11-05, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts
Fuck the Tsunami victims! If someone wants to spend $11 of their earned money to keep some show on the air, that's their right, so spare us the "People are starving in China" type guilt trips.
RIGHT ON, Bugg

But instead of sending $11 to someone to contribute to what is absolutely, positively, without a shred of doubt, a completely fruitless effort to save Enterprise, just take 11 one dollar bills and set them on fire. The effect your actions will have on the world and your wallet will be exactly the same.
Old 02-11-05, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Slow Hands
I believe Bakula is moving on to another project. Plus I never really liked Enterprise. I liked the concept not the execution.
I've never been a big star trek fan, but I have given each show a chance. I wanted to like Enterprise, but after about 10 episodes I knew it wasn't meant to be. Slow hands is right, the concept was great, the execution, not so great.

I personally hope to god this doesn't work, then other networks/shows would be looking for the same thing. But on the other side of the coin, if all it took was $11 to keep Arrested Development on air, I'd paypal it in a heartbeat.
Old 02-11-05, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bugg
Fuck the Tsunami victims! If someone wants to spend $11 of their earned money to keep some show on the air, that's their right, so spare us the "People are starving in China" type guilt trips.
That is just my opinion, I should be able to voice it without being attacked.

edited to remove personal attack

Last edited by Jadzia; 02-11-05 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-11-05, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
Since no one else is stepping up to the plate, I'll volunteer. Anyone who doesn't appreciate DS9, deserves to be shoved out an airlock.
Its just a matter of preference, I watched all of the trek series and liked DS9 the least. Just my opinion, so sit down and let Sisco tell you a baseball story.
Old 02-11-05, 10:50 AM

I agree that the series lost its way for too long of a time, but it recently just got back on track. What sucks is that they let it get good again, then they cancel it. I guess it's too little too late. I personally would rather see them make new seasons straight to DVD. I would buy those...maybe they could make more money doing it that way. Just let everyone prepay for the season on DVD.

This would be a cool thing for all shows. Basically people would prepay for the post canceled season. When the studio got enough money they make the season and send it out to all those that prepayed. If not enough people parepay then money gets returned and no extra DVD seasons..

The only thing I can't understand is the need for canceling Enterprise... It's on UPN. Home of wrestling and that stupid Top Model show. Is there anything else on this channel?

Oh and I also never could get into DS9. It never felt "Star Trek" to me. I watched many episodes, but just never got into it.
Old 02-11-05, 10:53 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fielding Mellish

LET... THEM... DIE!!!!
Couldn't of been said better
Old 02-11-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Slow Hands brings up a good point when he mentions Bakula being signed for another project. Now that the show is cancelled, actors will be signing for other series/movies; production crew will be moving to other shows; sets no longer in use will start to be torn down and scrapped...so even if Paramount wanted to, they couldn't bring back the show at this point.

I can see Paramount's reaction now...We've decided to take the money offered and give fans a 2-hour Star Trek TV movie in 2006 (which is something they probably have on the drawing board anyway...but now don't have to pay for it!).
Old 02-11-05, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Slow Hands brings up a good point when he mentions Bakula being signed for another project. Now that the show is cancelled, actors will be signing for other series/movies;

I'm hoping for a Jolene Blalock/Vivid Video project myself.
Old 02-11-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Simmer down, latenight. This is a very hostile personal attack and clearly against forum rules.
Old 02-11-05, 03:41 PM

Well it would be pointless to send the money since the decision has already been made I heard some ST Enterprise fans are taking out an ad in the LA times to try to save this show but it's too little too late this franchise needs a rest and Berman and Braga need to both dissappear from television production/writing completely.
Old 02-18-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The TrekUnited.com campaign is, in fact, attempting to raise the money to pay for a fifth season. "John Billingsley (Phlox) has stated the production of one Enterprise episode costs $1.6m. For 22 episodes, like in season 4, that boils down to $35.2m," notes the site's FAQ. Thus far the campaign has raised approximately $26,645.00 of the needed millions. The site also has links to events in Chicago and L.A. to raise funds and support for the series.
Link

It appears the effort is actually getting more money than even I was expecting. Only $35,173,355.00 to go.....

Old 02-18-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Maybe someone should start a "Cancel Enterprise" fund...we'll give $32 million to Paramount to fund a non-Trek show, assuming they assure us Trek will stay off the airwaves.

BTW, they're up to $28,000 and some change in contributions now...at this pace, they'll have the $32 million ready soon...in about 2015! Yeah, I'd be ready for another series by then!
Old 02-18-05, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Trekkies, let it go.
Old 02-18-05, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bugg
This is just ignorant. Do you honestly put a scifi show about human lives?
Old 02-18-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Trekkies always bring the funny.
Old 02-18-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Slow Hands

I'm more likely to wipe my ass with $11 and then set it ablaze than give it to these people foolishing trying to save Enterprise, but how does a person's individual choice of how to spend his hard-earned money translate to "ignorant", Mr. Jefferson?

das

Old 02-18-05, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by das Monkey
I'm more likely to wipe my ass with $11 and then set it ablaze than give it to these people foolishing trying to save Enterprise, but how does a person's individual choice of how to spend his hard-earned money translate to "ignorant", Mr. Jefferson?

das

$12 if you've had chili.
Old 02-18-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Slow Hands
It depends. Are we talking Enterprise or Farscape, here?