Smallville - 02/02/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville - 02/02/05

Old 02-03-05, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bronkster
Clark will kiss her next week ...

I'm thinking that Chloe will be taking on a roll similar to the Pete Ross of the pre-crisis comics where he knew about Clark's secret and would occassionally help Clark cover for rushing off to do good deeds, without Clark knowing about it.
That's exactly what I told me wife last night. Which earned me an exasperated "you're a geek" look.
Old 02-03-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Dead girlfriend in your arms?
Check!

Loud "Noooooooo!" screams?
Check!

He was supposed to fly around the earth and make it spin backwards next!!!

(Seriously, I took his reaction to her death as a complete nod to the film, it was too exact to be accident)
I thought the same thing. It was one of the GREAT parts of the show that keep me watching.
Old 02-03-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alicia should've been kept around longer.

Anything else I say would just be useless bitching. I really enjoy this show. But at the same time, it's so frustrating to watch because it could be so much better. Tonight's villain really sucked, just another crappy FOTW. I can't stand Lois. The snails pace storyline of Lana/Jason/Genevieve (jason's mum). I can't stand Lois. Too many characters with promise, like Lex, Lionel, Mum & Dad Kent, who are drastically underused. When a good secondary character like Alicia comes along, the story's over in the second week. And, I can't stand Lois.

I'm afraid to stop watching. What happens if after I stop, the show starts living up to its potential!? It's the only show on tv I watch weekly. There's nothing else on that interests me anymore. I can't give up on it...yet.

I like that Chloe found out about Clark. I don't like how. But it does, or I better say, it should open up new & interesting dynamics between Chloe and Clark. It better not just be a repeat of Clark & Pete.

Lois needs to be gone. Please!

And if the story surrounding Lana/Jason/his mom and Lana's tattoo isn't going to be resurrected, just get rid of them also.
Old 02-03-05, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Let's see, where to begin?

Will Chloe me less annoying? Hell no. She's going to be coy with Clark for episodes on end. I think I'm okay with that since Chloe doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as Lana.

Characters across the board were just way out of line regarding Alicia. Even before the attacks occured they were trashing her. I'm sure I've heard the second chance speach from Lana in some prior season. Clark's parents, who taught him everything he knows, were unusually harsh as well.

I miss Pete.

All of Clark's girlfriends die, don't they? First the wolf girl & now Alicia.

Alicia was killed off way too soon. I was really digging her connection with Clark. They just seemed so much better a couple than Clark/Lana, Clark/Chloe, or even Clark/Lois. I thought there was a lot of potential here. In a fanboy moment of geekdom I thought "how cool would an episode that teamed up Clark/Alicia/Bart (Flash) be? The pre-Justice League!"

The whole "I'll turn myself in if you reaveal your powers" discussion between Alicia & Clark, and her subsequent death, has given him all the more motivation to become Superman. He's not going to "come out of the closet" per se, but he will put on a costume, stand front and center to the whole world and say "look at me, I have abilities, I'm not a freak and you have nothing to fear", just like Alicia wanted. An excellent premise, I just wished it came closer to his becoming Superman.
Old 02-03-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was really mad they killed off Alicia. I've always said that she should have been used more in the first place. It would have been interesting to have her and Clark date for a while and then she starts to go pyscho and try to kill Lana after like five episodes. Now they really dropped the ball to have her around. She was one of the hottest extras ever on Smallville, and I wish they could have kept her around.

I think it will be interesting to see how Chloe and Clark interact since the secret is exposed, unbeknownst to Clark. It probably would have been better if Alicia teleported back into the car after getting Chloe out. If I was Clark I would be like WTF, call me to come rescue you and you aren't even in there.
Old 02-03-05, 07:40 PM

And if the story surrounding Lana/Jason/his mom and Lana's tattoo isn't going to be resurrected, just get rid of them also.
See, it's posts like this that confuse me. First off, you really can't think that storyline is going nowhere. Second, every Smallville thread from the earlier seasons contained complaints about the lack of a season long Big Bad type storyline. Finally they give us a slow building arc and everyone hates it.

Anyway, not too upset about Alicia. She was a "fantasy girl" (aside from the Fatal Attraction aspect) and I prefer the other 3. They may annoy most of you, but they act like real girls. Plus, all jokes aside, Allison Mack is an awesome actress and not at all ugly.

Old 02-03-05, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone else wonder how Chloe will treat Clark now? Even though she witnessed Clark grab the car and speed away, she doesn't know that his powers are natural. She is going to view him as a freak of the week meteor rock powered guy.
Old 02-04-05, 08:31 AM

Location: The Fair City of Detroit, ok, The Fair Suburbs of Detroit
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Finally got to watch this in HD. Mmmmmm HD Lois.

I hate Comcast, not only do they not have WB in HD, it probably comes in worse than any other channel, for some reason there is always a pink hue over everything on the WB.
Old 02-04-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 307 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by JEStinson3
I hate Comcast, not only do they not have WB in HD, it probably comes in worse than any other channel, for some reason there is always a pink hue over everything on the WB.

You should set up an antenna. I have HD through Comcast and OTA (Wash and Baltimore channels).
Old 02-04-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TwineTime
I always liked her more than lana (character and actress) and thought clark was a fool for passing on dating chloe
this proves it
Old 02-04-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by IMRICKJAMES
Does anyone else wonder how Chloe will treat Clark now? Even though she witnessed Clark grab the car and speed away, she doesn't know that his powers are natural. She is going to view him as a freak of the week meteor rock powered guy.
I wasn't too thrilled about how she found out about Clark's secret. I originally thought Clark was going to just stop the car when it was coming at him, but then the car flips and I figure he would've just gotten out of the way (guess he didn't notice that nobody was in the car.... ) It will be interesting to see how Chloe acts around Clark now... she doesn't know the entire truth about Clark, she just knows he is strong and fast. On a side note, it may just be me, but Jane Seymour looked really good when she came and talked to Lex, I would've totally hit it.