Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville - 02/02/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Clark was holding the body of Alicia, having no idea who killed her. Apparently, Lois arrived just in time to tell him who and where the killer might be. So that was Lois' function for this episode - hello!
I loved how the Kent parents didn't really say anything. 'Clark, it wasn't your fault', 'Look, she was framed', then when Clark says 'I could have saved her', they just walk away.
Old 02-03-05, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The show tonight had some GREAT golden nuggets in it.

1. Chloe seeing Clark catching a car and running super fast
2. Clark's emotions for Alicia throughout the show
3. Chole's reactions after she found out about Clark. She must have so many more questions, but cannot ask them. I am looking forward to Chloe's subplot during the rest of the season, maybe into the 5th also.
Old 02-03-05, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
Clark was holding the body of Alicia, having no idea who killed her. Apparently, Lois arrived just in time to tell him who and where the killer might be. So that was Lois' function for this episode - hello!
I loved how the Kent parents didn't really say anything. 'Clark, it wasn't your fault', 'Look, she was framed', then when Clark says 'I could have saved her', they just walk away.

His parents have been bad in the last episodes, if they would have been like this before this last arc, he might have stayed in Las vegas...
Old 02-03-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
The show tonight had some GREAT golden nuggets in it.

1. Chloe seeing Clark catching a car and running super fast
2. Clark's emotions for Alicia throughout the show
I admit those two were the high points of this episode. Stuff like those is what keeps me watching the show actually.
Old 02-03-05, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was seriously hoping the shower curtain took her out.
Old 02-03-05, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 607 Likes on 351 Posts
For me, this was an episode like no other!! Due to a glitch in my DVR, there was no sound!! So, I turned on Closed Captioning and watched (and read) the whole thing that way. Takes a lot of the impact out when there's no music or sound, but at least I didn't have to hear what someone else reported as Clark's lame "Nooo!"

For any of you who may be concerned: Powering off the DVR seems to have cleared up the problem.
Old 02-03-05, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
you missed music from Minnie Driver
yes, Minnie Driver now has a cd
Old 02-03-05, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish Alicia and Chloe didn't teleport out of the car, or at least have Alicia teleport out leaving Chloe there. I think it would have been awesome to have Clark catch the car, lay it down on the pavement, and look up to see a stunned Chloe. Since Clark is so afraid to tell his friends it would have been interesting to see how he would react when he has no choice but to confess. I mean he told Pete straight up, under this scenario he would be forced to do so. What I do like about the way it actually unfolded is how Chloe and Clark will interact until Clark tells her or she forces his hand. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, how long til Clark comes clean, and whether or not Clark catches on to Chloe knowing but doesn't tell her anyways. Then you get a whole new strange interaction between the two of Chloe knowing and Clark knowing that she knows but not confirming everything.
Old 02-03-05, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got done watching this, and even including the intriguing aspect of Chloe learning the secret, gotta give this episode a huge thumbs down. Very possibly my least favorite episode of the series. As other's have already said, Alicia was an intriguing character.

It simply pisses me off that they felt the need to kill her off because she was "someone Clark got involved with before he met his soul-mate Lois." Likely because this very same episode features Lois returning to the series full-time. And while I haven't kept up on it, even though the actress playing Lois was so-so on Stargate, she's done nothing but annoy me on Smallville. Lois Lane shouldn't be in Clark's life at this point period, and the actress/character is grating in the role.

Alicia and Clark being two freaks together, the chemistry she and Welling seemed to have... What a waste to bring the character back only to end an excellent storyline. And then the fact she dies knowing Clark doesn't trust her; it pisses me off even more. The only way that wouldn't have made the episode even worse was if it drove Clark down a dark road, without red kryptonite. Have him kill the freak that killed Alicia and then pack up and leave Smallville for a few episodes. Then the fact that Alicia, as her powers have been established that I'm aware, should have been able to teleport in the several seconds before she passed out. There's just no logical reason why she didn't teleport. I'll even forgive Clark just going nuts instead of trying to save her by taking her to a hospital, but the way they set up the death was just idiotic.

Add the massive role played by Lana's random boyfriend of the season. Kill him already please, he's almost worse than Whitney. And no sight of John Glover. Boo.

Last edited by coladar; 02-03-05 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-03-05, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked it, and I think it's the best season so far. Some of you seem to have forgotten that the show is titled "Smallville". Not "Meet the Luthors".

This is turning out to be the "Friends" show of TV Talk this season. That one show that everyone watches just so they can bitch weekly about how much it sucks.

for the Superman I tribute.
Old 02-03-05, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was also bummed to not see John Glover in this episode. They need to up the airtime of the Luthors and the Kents not named Clark.
Old 02-03-05, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Even though this episode wasn't that great I still found it pretty entertaining. Smallville is just one of those shows for me that doesn't have to have the strong writing or acting of a Lost, 24, or Alias for me to be entertained. It's actually more of just a "kick back and watch" show, since you don't really have convulted plots or huge multi-arc mysteries to try to solve.
Old 02-03-05, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That ep really underwhelmed me. Even though I didn't really dig Alicia the way many of you do, I thought it was lame to have them kill her off so quick. Maybe it was because I didn't like her much but the death held no weight for me. Like how every third FOTW dies? It fealt like that. Chloe finding out Clark's secret was cool but also seemed wrong to me for some reason. Not that she found out but how she did. I would have liked it to have been because of her journalistic instinct. Have her inverstigate and then find out. I understand why Chloe feels the way she feels now knowing Clark's secret, but a small part of me thinks it was a bit lame of her to drop every belief she had about the "Freak Wall" just because Clark appears to be one as well right away. Lois, while I do love her, seemed so tacked on in this ep.

The villain of the week was really lame as well. Was that an answer to the new "morality rules!America"? Whatever it was he was weak. His motive was just eh.

I still am loving this season though and I'm really looking forward to the ep after next weeks because
Spoiler:
(from The WB) While driving, Lois accidentally hits a dog and brings it back to the farm to heal. Clark realizes this is no ordinary dog after the pup lifts up a car to retrieve a ball. Clark and Lois learn the dog is a product of an aborted LuthorCorp experiment and is being used to commit crimes, but when Lois is kidnapped by the robbers and Clark is weakened by kryptonite, it is up to the dog to save them.
...WHAT?!? Maybe we could get a cross over with the
Spoiler:
Hulk Dogs
Old 02-03-05, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
So they kill off the most interesting chick on the show? Hmmmm.

Finally got to watch this in HD. Mmmmmm HD Lois.

Jane Seymour is holding up pretty well.
Old 02-03-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I still am loving this season though and I'm really looking forward to the ep after next weeks because
Spoiler:
(from The WB) While driving, Lois accidentally hits a dog and brings it back to the farm to heal. Clark realizes this is no ordinary dog after the pup lifts up a car to retrieve a ball. Clark and Lois learn the dog is a product of an aborted LuthorCorp experiment and is being used to commit crimes, but when Lois is kidnapped by the robbers and Clark is weakened by kryptonite, it is up to the dog to save them.
...WHAT?!? Maybe we could get a cross over with the
Spoiler:
Hulk Dogs
It's just the Smallville spin on: Spoiler Link
Old 02-03-05, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rogue588
It's funny how the same show that made me feel something for Alicia, has done nothing about the contempt I have for the whining, annoyingly holier-than-thou Lana. I was seriously hoping the shower curtain took her out.
No kidding. Are the writers really trying to make EVERYBODY more appealing than Lana? I like Lex's dad more than I like Lana. She's so damn bitchy that I cringe every time I see her, and as of yet I haven't noticed anything of redeeming value from her in the past two seasons. I generally want them to keep Clark in character with the comics, but I wouldn't mind Clark burning both Lana and Jason to cinders.

I actually liked Alicia a lot. Cool character... so of couse she had to bite it.
Old 02-03-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Killing off Alicia sucked, but if they go somewhere with the pissed off Clark storyline, maybe her death will serve some sort of purpose. Then again, this is Smallville we're talking about here. What are the odds of that happening?

And on that subject, now that Chloe knows the truth(or at least knows Clark ain't exactly normal), the writers sure as hell better not find some sort of convenient way for her to develop amnesia. This show's obsession with hitting the reboot button every few episodes has almost caused me to give up on it altogether. Well, that and Lana.
Old 02-03-05, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
He was supposed to fly around the earth and make it spin backwards next!!!

(Seriously, I took his reaction to her death as a complete nod to the film, it was too exact to be accident)
I thought the same exact thing. I expected him to get up and fly around the earth really fast. I was disappointed.

I am truly going to miss Alicia. She was great.

I don't get why she didn't just transport out when the freak kid grabbed her. She had time. BTW, what was the FOTW made of? Sand? or Bees?
Old 02-03-05, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by charlie bucket
I don't get why she didn't just transport out when the freak kid grabbed her. She had time. BTW, what was the FOTW made of? Sand? or Bees?

Yeah - he was pretty lame - I wanted to call him Parents Television Council Man.
Old 02-03-05, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Sand? or Bees?
Mummy.
Old 02-03-05, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, what was the FOTW made of? Sand? or Bees?
Although the FX weren't the best, it had to be sand. I'm no scientist, but when you heat up sand: don't you get glass? That's why Clark used heat vision, it reformed him. I think sandguy had a bit of a glassy look to him after he reformed? If it were bees, they would've scattered.

And IIRC, heat tends to me one of the devices used against sand-related villains in plenty of comics.
Old 02-03-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Although the FX weren't the best, it had to be sand. I'm no scientist, but when you heat up sand: don't you get glass? That's why Clark used heat vision, it reformed him. I think sandguy had a bit of a glassy look to him after he reformed? If it were bees, they would've scattered.

And IIRC, heat tends to me one of the devices used against sand-related villains in plenty of comics.
Yeah, i noticed the heat/sand/glass thing as well at the end. Pretty sure it had to be sand.
Old 02-03-05, 10:03 AM

Not "Meet the Luthors".
Thank God! Talk about a relationship that goes nowhere, it's the Luthors. I like the characters, but God I was so sick of the typical back and forth between Lex and Lionel, without it actually going anywhere.

[/quote]This is turning out to be the "Friends" show of TV Talk this season. That one show that everyone watches just so they can bitch weekly about how much it sucks.[/quote]

Oh, is that something new? I thought it had been that way from show one. I didn't think anyone actually liked the show except a few of us.
Old 02-03-05, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
If it were bees, they would've scattered.
I was kidding about the bees. It just looked funny.

He did make a fist of sand or whatever it was. Similar to what the "real" Sandman does.
Old 02-03-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 607 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy
And on that subject, now that Chloe knows the truth(or at least knows Clark ain't exactly normal), the writers sure as hell better not find some sort of convenient way for her to develop amnesia.
Clark will kiss her next week ...

I'm thinking that Chloe will be taking on a roll similar to the Pete Ross of the pre-crisis comics where he knew about Clark's secret and would occassionally help Clark cover for rushing off to do good deeds, without Clark knowing about it.

Morality Sand Boy - granted I had to watch this without the benefit of sound, but did they just leave that part of the story hanging? After Lois stopped Clark from almost killing him, what happened? (Spider-man would've used a vacuum cleaner, but that's neither here nor there).

And Lex - what's he done this season other than pour himself whisky? Time for A.A.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.