Stargate SG1 1/21. or, how good is Carter's rack

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

sorry to be sexist, but damn she looks hot as hell in that tanktop

since when can they determine where a wormhole originated?

"there are 2 of us"
jack: "don't we wish"
sam: gives jack an evil look

Last edited by mikehunt; 01-21-05 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-21-05, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
wait. teal'c says they share information
yet you told her the gate address for the alpha site?
they finally get a good alpha site that's a real base and not just a tent/tin shack city and you give the address to a replicator that at that point you think can communicate with the borg, I mean replicator, collective?
WTF
I need to go log onto usenet and rant in the sg1 newsgroup

edit: then they tell her some more secrets, and then she connects to the collective
this is so sad it's pathetic

Last edited by mikehunt; 01-21-05 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-21-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to be off-topic, but did Claudia Black start on the show yet or is that the other Stargate show?
Old 01-21-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

not on this episode. I think she will be on SG1 though when she is on
edit: the preview for next week showed her, so she'll be on SG1 next week (along with Don S. Davis as Gen. Hammond)

"the dialing computer is down"
so, there's a dhd sitting in the middle of the camera shot, you don't nedd a fucking computer

reading that site that rips Enterprise apart for the last 2 hours has really made me critical and observant of stupid mistakes, and this episode is full of them. Plus I never liked the replicators to begin with (ok the first one or two episodes they were in were ok), especially the human look a like ones.

Last edited by mikehunt; 01-21-05 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-21-05, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, it was a rather poor episode this time around.

(Cladia Black is in next week's episode)
Old 01-21-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Yeah, it was a rather poor episode this time around.

(Cladia Black is in next week's episode)
especially considering we had to wait 4 months for it
Old 01-21-05, 11:47 PM

Why don't the replicators just attack the Gou'ld? They can get plenty of tech from them, right?
Old 01-22-05, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I too was disappointed by this ep. Carter is OTT smart most of the time, but sometimes she can be quite dumb. Why not meet on some random non-tech world? Why not scan her constantly for connections to the group? Why trust her so much????? Made me cranky.

And what was with them talking about Atlantis in the beginning. They should have matched that up with when Atlanits started.
Old 01-22-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BenCJedi
Why don't the replicators just attack the Gou'ld? They can get plenty of tech from them, right?
THats why Carter said they'd stay in our galaxy now that they were here.
Old 01-22-05, 10:19 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by datagirl7
I too was disappointed by this ep. Carter is OTT smart most of the time, but sometimes she can be quite dumb. Why not meet on some random non-tech world? Why not scan her constantly for connections to the group? Why trust her so much????? Made me cranky.
I agree - this episode was very, very poor. They should have been suspicious the moment when replicator Carter said she wanted to die, and needed their help to do so. I mean, if she REALLY wanted to die, she had a stargate right there and could: 1) walk into the backwash, or 2) just step through and non-materialize at the earth gate's iris.

Just suspicious all around, and it was lame that Carter completely bought into it. (heck, even the Asgard should have been smart enough to say "so, you're having a member of a race of creatures that completely destroyed our homeworld have access to the only weapon that can stop them...sure!").

Then throw in giving the gate address to the alpha site, and you have to wonder how much they've all been hit with the stupid stick.
Old 01-22-05, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When they said they would meet her at the alpha site, I thought, "Surely they'll meet at a neutral location, then bring her to the alpha site, like in previous episodes." Then she popped in and I was like, "What the hell?"

In retrospect, I guess it didn't really matter since Sam of Nine knew the locations of both Earth and the alpha site, but SG-1 didn't know that to begin with. The whole "I want to die" thing was stupid, for the reasons greydt said. The Replicators aren't freaking invincible, after all. She should have just said, "I have some information that could help defeat the Replicators, but I want you to protect me." They meet at a neutral location, she reveals that she has all the memories of Carter and already knows the location of Earth and the alpha site, they decide to bring her to the alpha site, and the rest of the episode works.
Old 01-22-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
In retrospect, I guess it didn't really matter since Sam of Nine knew the locations of both Earth and the alpha site, but SG-1 didn't know that to begin with.
Well, considering Repli-Sam knew the address for Earth, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to guess she knew the Alpha site location. Who even said SG Command told her the gate address to the Alpha site? They could have just said "meet us there".

Sam did act uncharacteristically stupid, though. And using the Alpha site for the meeting was still retarded.
Old 01-22-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikehunt
not on this episode. I think she will be on SG1 though when she is on
edit: the preview for next week showed her, so she'll be on SG1 next week

Thanks, hope I'm home to watch it.
Old 01-22-05, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by datagirl7
And what was with them talking about Atlantis in the beginning. They should have matched that up with when Atlanits started.

This is a set up for what happens later in the season on Atlantis!

Take care all!!