Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Battlestar Galactica "Bastille Day" (1/21/2005)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lee has an idea to use prisoners to collect a new supply of water from underground on an icy moon, but the leader of a group of insurgents uses the opportunity to take some of the ship's officers hostage.
Old 01-21-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Lee: "OMG it's my doppleganger time traveling double"
Old 01-21-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when is the rerun. i had to go food shopping
Old 01-21-05, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.

I missed the "hot date with your right hand" comment before when I watched this
Old 01-21-05, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
For a lesbian, Starbuck is pretty hot. Starbuck is hot, words I would never have written about ten years ago.

A little off topic, but are there any plans for a novelization of the mini-series and/or novellas about EU type adventures for this show?
Old 01-21-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by al_bundy
when is the rerun. i had to go food shopping
I think 1am est. sg1 rerun is now, then sga, then bsg
Old 01-21-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
For a lesbian
the character or the actress?
as for the character
Spoiler:
she most definitely is not a lesbian. She has sex with a man onscreen. I won't name which one as that'd be too much spoiler
Old 01-21-05, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lovin' this show. Just lovin' it.

And um...STARBUCK IS HOT!

20+ years ago I would have been gay from saying that. Not that there's anything wrong with that
Old 01-22-05, 01:20 AM
Cool New Member

Sci Fi glitch

I love this show! but something strange happened or maybe I missed something. After Richard Hatch's character first gives his ultimatum and list of demands, there is a commercial break but when they came back its in the middle of a line of dialogue. Adama is talking to the president by phone and he says something about transmissions and the president says something like "Its too late" and then goes on to talk about not working with terrorists. What was adama talking about? It is like sci fi came back in the middle of conversation or something.
Old 01-22-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Lee has an idea to use prisoners to collect a new supply of water from underground on an icy moon, but the leader of a group of insurgents uses the opportunity to take some of the ship's officers hostage.
Did the planet have a big cylon gun on it?
Old 01-22-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by btm5540
I love this show! but something strange happened or maybe I missed something. After Richard Hatch's character first gives his ultimatum and list of demands, there is a commercial break but when they came back its in the middle of a line of dialogue. Adama is talking to the president by phone and he says something about transmissions and the president says something like "Its too late" and then goes on to talk about not working with terrorists. What was adama talking about? It is like sci fi came back in the middle of conversation or something.
The transmissions were his demands. He broadcast it to the entire fleet. Adama said they needed to jam any further transmissions. The president said it's too late, he's already done the damage by broadcasting the demands when the people are already close to a riot over the water shortage.

Decent episode. Richard Hatch is a better actor than he was 25 years ago.
Old 01-22-05, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I heard somewhere that the character of Starbuck was supposed to be a lesbian. Guess I read wrong, and I have no idea if Katee Sachoff is gay or not.
Old 01-22-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I suppose she could be bi
Old 01-22-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jason
Did the planet have a big cylon gun on it?
no, although I was thinking the same thing when I first saw it
Old 01-22-05, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Personally, I think Number Six and Sharon are slighty hotter than Starbuck.

Good episode!
Old 01-22-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A little off topic, but I get the vibe that the gorgeous women in this show are not the kind that would be interested in or even watch this show were it not their source of income.
Old 01-22-05, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
None of the hotties saw the original so you are probably right. The one that starbuck didn't know the original character was a man.
Old 01-23-05, 05:53 PM

Here's a couple quotes from Richard Gibbs about the Theme song change ( UK-> Us )

What I can tell you is that the main title sequence as it is airing in England has been quite controversial with the SciFi Network honchos. Where this is going to lead, I don't know yet. I'm keeping my head down for the moment.
Okay here is the update. Apparently Bonnie Hammer (Scifi Network head honcho) has been very unhappy with the approach of the main title music as it is airing in England - too sad, I am told. Honestly I don't disagree totally - my first thought was to write a rousing main title way back when, but I was dissuaded from doing so at the time. At any rate they cut together a new piece of music consisting of a piece of instrumental score from the show going into the existing taiko drum piece. They asked me to "smooth it out" and improve it, but only slightly. I personally don't care for what they have done and have passed - they have basically squeezed the emotion from the opening, in my opinion. Bear is taking a stab at pleasing them now - I'm over it.
Thats from HERE
Old 01-23-05, 07:03 PM

Good to see there were able to get Old Apollo in on this one. I really was a good episode and they have done a really good job with the series so far.
Old 01-23-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just when you think Bonnie Hammer may have a soul.... she rips the life from the theme of her only good decision in 5 years.

Listening to the commentary on the DVD and now this, you get the feeling that the creators have to fight tooth and nail to be able to put out a good show in spite of SciFi.

D
Old 01-24-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

well..i appreciate the fight they put up.

what a great friggin' show. gotta love sci-fi that has characters with actual personalities!!

the only thing i don't like is how cgi the cylons are. but at least they're not shown all that much.
Old 01-24-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is there a link somewhere to the UK theme? I don't think I've heard it.
Old 01-24-05, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
So Bonnie Hammer thought the original (UK) theme was "too sad"? I think that's one of the coolest things about it: it's a mournful dirge for the dead human race, highlighting the last struggling few... And then the drums take over... (You'd probably have to d/l an episode to hear it.)

As for Starbuck being a lesbian, naw, they just pushed the "butch" envelope with her character more than some people are used to; I think it was a cool move characterwise...

Last edited by adamblast; 01-24-05 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-24-05, 11:08 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Is the episode with the 3 guys in beards with thoses electronic bolos that take over the prison ship? That one was cool.
Old 01-24-05, 11:50 AM

The "Space" channel in Canada so far has only shown 2 episodes,"33" & "Water".
They used the UK Theme for "33" & then used the US theme for "Water"-go figure,guess they can't decide.

Heres a Link to the UK theme

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.