Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 01/12/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Superman07
...you need to give me hints of something. Like somebody walking by them all with a weird look, or s synyster person at the docks last week.

I think I saw some shifty-eyed dog. He looked suspicious.
Old 01-13-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What happened to Sark?
Old 01-13-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i liked this episode. pretty good but wonder what the overall arc is going to be this season
Old 01-13-05, 05:19 PM
toq

Originally Posted by mookiemeister
Did they ever have a scene between Dixon and Sloane to show how Dixon come to forgive Sloane killing his wife? I missed a few episodes last season so I might not be up on the relationship between those two people. But right now, it's not clear why Dixon wouldn't still be mad at Sloane for killing his wife.
I'm having the same confusion with Sloane and Nadia. Then again, it's probably something I've forgotten since last season was so long.
Old 01-13-05, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Link_182
Wow, the music playing in the background there was Driveshaft, the fictional band Charlie from Lost is in. Very cool.
What? When was that?
Old 01-13-05, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like that this was a stand alone episode and hope they do more...I think the problem last year was that the story got so convoluted and wierd so I think (hope) that they are keeping it a little more simple and not so complex. I agree that I would have like it more to see Jack shoot the guy at the end. I think Jack Bristow is one of the best characters on tv right now.
Old 01-13-05, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by shawagg
What? When was that?
When Jack showed up at the party... I didn't notice it until Jack and Syd were going outside and as she was closing the sliding glass door, the song blaring in the background was the "You are Everybody" that Charlie was singing to everyone so they'd know his band, when "Lost" started. Pretty cool tie-in.
Old 01-14-05, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would love it if the whole series was dedicated to the Rambaldi storyline. I love that plot. I know that I am in the deep minority, but I find it really interesting.

I also don't fully get how all of the relationships are peachy keen considering what has happened. I can see it not getting in the way of their work to a degree, but why hasn't Dixon said anything to Syd about wanting Sloane dead, and why are Sloane and Nadia best buds? Have some consistency, or explain yourself!

I loved the beginning sequence with Syd as a plumbers wife from New York (or was it Jersey). I loved her accent. It cracked me up.

Was the opening montage in it this week? I think that I ff'ed last week, and after reading how divided people were about it, I was going to make sure I watched it this week, but I didn't see it. Was I on autodrive and ff again, or was it on?
Old 01-14-05, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movieking
Was the opening montage in it this week? I think that I ff'ed last week, and after reading how divided people were about it, I was going to make sure I watched it this week, but I didn't see it. Was I on autodrive and ff again, or was it on?
Yup, it was there.
Old 01-14-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shoppingbear
When Jack showed up at the party... I didn't notice it until Jack and Syd were going outside and as she was closing the sliding glass door, the song blaring in the background was the "You are Everybody" that Charlie was singing to everyone so they'd know his band, when "Lost" started. Pretty cool tie-in.
Oh Good call! I was wondering where I'd heard that awful song before. Very cool tie-in.
Old 01-14-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
I would love it if the whole series was dedicated to the Rambaldi storyline. I love that plot. I know that I am in the deep minority, but I find it really interesting.

I agree. Rambaldi like a mother.

< o >
Old 01-15-05, 02:53 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Morf

I think I saw some shifty-eyed dog. He looked suspicious.
I thought this last shot with the omnious background track was pretty sinister: