Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Project Greenlight Season 3 debuts 03/15

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts
heh, kari wuhrer is working on general hospital, an important character too being involved with the star of the show.
her name on the show, well she is an agent for the fbi and her name is marshall.

agent marshall. how about that for imagination.
Old 04-04-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
They played them all last night so they may play them again.
Old 04-04-05, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Does Gulager only bathe a la carte?
Old 04-05-05, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
Does Gulager only bathe a la carte?
They may be editing all of this to make him appear crazier than he is....but it is kind of gross.
Old 04-05-05, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cameron
They may be editing all of this to make him appear crazier than he is....but it is kind of gross.
I think the times they showed him doing that were right before he went to meet somebody for dinner. If he's been working all day and doesn't have time to go home, it makes sense to "freshen up" before a dinner meeting.

Yeah, it's gross when it's filmed for TV, but it would be worse to show up for dinner stinky.
Old 04-07-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Project Greenlight S3 - 4/7/05

That casting director really got her way, didn't she?

Rona looked so confused sitting there listening to Gulager's ideas.

I can imagine the writers go ballistic after all the re-writes that happened without their input.

That monster ding-a-ling was pretty scary in a different way.

Overall, still a fascinating trainwreck to watch. Can't wait for next week!
Old 04-07-05, 10:13 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He didn't get his brother on the movie? That's the only family member I was interested in. Oh well, hopefully his gf and dad will help him somewhat on set.

I wish they would say more of the people they were going for for other roles. At one time they said they submitted 8 names for heroine and another time I think they said they submitted her as to be cast later. By not showing who Gulager likes besides his family, it's like they're still portraying him as a whiny baby.

That stupid casting director is such a bitch. "What age are we?" Well, obviously you're at the age where you go behind everybody's back to forward your personal agenda. I don't know how I feel about Navi, but I'd like to know some of the alternatives.

It's a little funny how the cameraman tries to not shoot the monster. I wonder if the monster will be in the trailer. I can't imagine seeing the monster would take any enjoyment of the movie away from me.
Old 04-07-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, that casting director needs to realize her opinion doesn't trump everybody else's.

And the writers deserve the grief, they were the ones that said "we're too busy with Highlander, do it yourself".
Old 04-07-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The casting director should've been fired. She did exactly what almost got Gulager fired. She put her friend above the good of the movie. The only difference is that she didn't tell everyone she was going to do it. At least Gulager was upfront about it and about wanting to go directly to the studio. She snuck around everyone and then wondered why they were pissed.

Plus, everyone told her straight out that they didn't like what she did. Even Gulager. And she says something like 'I wish you would've let me know you were upset instead of walking around with a pus on your face'. Did I miss something? Everyone told her to your face that they were pissed at her. And she changed her entire tune from 'I work for you' to 'I answer to the studio'.

On a happy note. It looks like Gulager knows what he's doing when it comes to making films. He was all over that script with the changes and additions. The writers are happy they get to write Highlander 5? Good luck with that straight to video release.

D
Old 04-08-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Moore: He's fired!

Gulager: I dont want to hear the F-Word again.

Moore: Okay I promise.
Old 04-08-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I also agree that the casting director should have been fired. It was such an underhanded thing to do, and then on top of that, she gets extremely defensive about it, as if she doesn't deserve the blowback from doing something like that. I didn't think that actress was really that good either, plus they already have the hot, big boobed female lead with Krista Allen.

I felt bad that the table read got cancelled. That would have been a really interesting thing to have seen; having Gulager try to explain his view of the movie to a bunch of strangers.

I'm anxiously waiting for the eventual breakdown of Gulager and the head-to-head struggle that seems inevitable between him and the DP.
Old 04-08-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Next week looks like a meltdown.

After seeing some of Gulager's "ideas" I stick by my opinion that he should never have been picked. I still blame some of the tension between him and the casting director on him, but it's pretty clear now that she's a bitch.

And, um, am I missing something? Did they go from script changes to shooting in the span of a couple days? Where are the storyboards, John?
Old 04-08-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 187 Likes on 129 Posts
I was amused by their discussion of the casting of the "Hero" character. I understand aiming for the sky, but Sean Penn?!?! He's not even an "action" star -- at least guys like McConaughey and Affleck have done movies like that. I'm surprised it's taken 3 PGL seasons for someone to try to get either Affleck or Damon to be in the movie (at least that we've seen). These 2 guys really want PGL to make money -- step up to the plate, boys! Well, at least Damon ... maybe Affleck's not the best choice right now Now Jean Claude Van Dam -- that would be hilarious! Especially if you've read the script and realize ... (intense spoilerage of the movie -- read at your own expense!)

Spoiler:
... that the "Hero" character is a joke (at least in the latest online version of the script)! The "Hero" rushes into the bar shortly into the movie, warns the patrons of the monsters, acts like he's going to be the leader of the group, and is promptly ripped in half by a monster about 1 minute later. An ongoing joke in the script is the use of captions for each character, giving their name, age, occupation, and life expectancy. When the "heroine" appears shortly after the hero bites it, her life expectancy is "hopefully longer than the hero!".
Old 04-08-05, 01:00 PM

I know everyone has said this already, but the casting director should have been fired and "Ravi" should have been sent packing. Her audition was horrible both times. No emotion. Almost looking like she was about to burst out laughing.
That smug "I got my way" look on the casting agent's face made me sick.
If that was my production she would NOT have gotten her way period.
Oh well, enjoying the show this season none the less.
Old 04-08-05, 03:24 PM
Banned

I think I'd give my life savings to get the chance to beat the living shit out of the casting director. O my god what a freakin dush. I'd really like to kill her... Or at least punch her in the freakin face. She made me that angry... Also Navi can't act. I'm not sure I'd ever let her work at mcdonalds since her voice sounds like shes chocking on a big dick. This movie is going to be a travesty.
Old 04-08-05, 06:44 PM

I agree with everyone else, that casting director should have been fired!

It looks like next week with shooting starting it's going to get interesting. Do they even have storyboards? It seems like that would help people know what they're going to shoot next if they had them.
Old 04-09-05, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I agree with the comments about the casting director. When people complain about the Hollywood system, it's people like her that they are talking about. She is definitely a bullshit artist.
Old 04-11-05, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Although we don't know who "Hero" is (yet), I highly doubt it'll be somebody we've heard of. If we know anything, this show throws out big names and they landed near-nobodies. If Damon and Affleck really wanted to "save" this show like they've claimed, they'd finally star in one of these pictures to give it some buzz.
Old 04-11-05, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

IMDB knows...
Old 04-11-05, 12:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
IMDB knows...
how come IMDB is allowed to post this info, can't the studio block this info?

as for Gulager, watching him just makes me feel so uneasy - he is such a push-over.

Overall, still a fascinating trainwreck to watch.
trainwreck is an apt and appropriate term, so much so, I am finding that watching this show is really kind of painful and oddly embarrassing.
Old 04-14-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Project Greenlight S3 - 4/14/05

Aaaah...now this is the trainwreck we all wanted to see. Now, can Gulager get it in gear and ramp up the communication gap and get it done, or will the next 4 weeks be just as chaotic and unorganized?
Old 04-14-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I really don't get how the cast and crew are walking all over Gulager. It's not just a lack of respect, it's nearing contempt.

He made the first day, and instead of praise, they start to come down on him. At that point I knew that no matter what, Gulager was up against a wall.

And Krista Allen is bitching about essentially, getting paid for doing nothing. Boo friggin hoo. Navi is confused because a feature film isn't the same as shooting the OC. Go figure. And the DP is complaining about having to do work. That's the part that really got me. The director changed his mind, that happens, a lot. It's supposed to happen. Otherwise the 1st AD could shoot exactly whats on the page. Which is basically how bad lifetime movies and sitcoms are shot.

Is making the same mistakes the other 1st time directors make. They are constantly told that this is NOT THEIR MONEY and they better not screw up. The producers will never have a good word to say until the premiere and the DP tries to take over(because all DP's know they can do a better job than the director). Gulager needs to figure out real quick that he's in charge and he can tell them all to shut the hell up. Once that happens, thing will start to fall into place and he'll stop being railroaded.
Old 04-15-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Aaaah...now this is the trainwreck we all wanted to see. Now, can Gulager get it in gear and ramp up the communication gap and get it done, or will the next 4 weeks be just as chaotic and unorganized?
They should have canned Gulager. and that casting director overstepped her bounds.

I saw who the Hero was..man I guess they couldnt get the top talent (mark wahlberg)

This movie is going to sink..When your hero is a unknown and heroine..is Ryan's ex on OC?
Old 04-15-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
This movie is going to sink..When your hero is a unknown and heroine..is Ryan's ex on OC?
Yeah, because c low budget horror movies with unknown actors never succeed.

*cough*Blair Witch Project*cough*Friday the 13th*cough*Texas Chainsaw Massacre*
Old 04-15-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is the first time since Project Greenlight started that the shows are making me interested in possibly seeing the movie when it comes out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.