Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost 01/05/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Feneant
Btw, doesn't Boone run a fashion type store for his mother? That was a fairly obvious reference to him being gay. I find it funny that there was nothing about him and Locke except the axe since the ending of the episode where they hear a metal clang seemed fairly important.
I thought he said he ran some kind of Martha Stewart empire.

Kate's backstory is interesting but it sucked because it was one of those backstories where they only gave us a little tidbit of it.
Old 01-06-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like this episode. But I have a question. Why haven't the people split into two teams and have half go rescue Claire and take down Ethan? And the other half go confront Danielle, the lone French woman? There are 44 people total (not counting Claire, Ethan, or Danielle) so they shouldn't have too mch problem facing Ethan or Danielle as a group.
Old 01-06-05, 10:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Why has no one discussed what was in the ground:

Spoiler:

In the previews we get a couple of seconds of what Locke and Boone found in the ground.. it silver and has round windows like an airplane has. Overall, it looks like one of those silver PanAm airplanes - Was there was another plane crash 40 years ago? (just going with the 4 theroy mentioned above)

Or it could be a submarine (1,000 Leagues style)
Old 01-06-05, 10:48 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Figures, the one time I miss the first 5 minutes of Lost, it appears to be some total hottie fleshfest.
Old 01-06-05, 11:05 AM

I enjoyed the episode last night. Maybe a little bit slower pacing. But hopefully it was setting up the background for next week's episode.

One question. When Kate asks Jack's help to get the suitcase, she mentions that Jack is the only person on the island that knows about her background (that she had been arrested by the marshal). But I remember in an earlier episode, that Hurley saw the Wanted picture of her that the marshal had. Did I get that wrong? Does Hurley know something about Kate's background? Or is Jack the only person that knows about her?

As far as Boone and Shannon, I think Boone mentioned that they ran some kind of wedding store (products for a wedding). I could be wrong with that (as I am just stating that from my memory).
Old 01-06-05, 11:10 AM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by mookiemeister
I like this episode. But I have a question. Why haven't the people split into two teams and have half go rescue Claire and take down Ethan? And the other half go confront Danielle, the lone French woman? There are 44 people total (not counting Claire, Ethan, or Danielle) so they shouldn't have too mch problem facing Ethan or Danielle as a group.

They continually make references to the fact that most of the survivors are afraid to go into the jungle. The trail has also now gone cold, so it is highly doubtful that any would wish to travel aimlessly searching for her. Jack desires to, but nobody wants him to go, as most seem willing to simply let Locke look for her.
Old 01-06-05, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When Jack demanded the case from Sawyer, I was expecting Sawyer to bring up the fact that Jack allowed Sayid to torture him not too long ago.
Old 01-06-05, 11:57 AM

I enjoyed it. The previews for next week kinda make me wonder about what Locke found in the last episode. Whatever it was that they found he really doesnt want the others to find out about it (threats when boone mentions that he is going to tell his sister).... Hmmmmm....
Old 01-06-05, 11:58 AM

Hurley did see it but I don't think Kate knows he did.
Old 01-06-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So what's with Boone and his evil look and when the girl said something to the effect of, what are you out with your New Boyfriend, could that be part of his secret that is suppose to be a shocker?
Old 01-06-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 875 Likes on 394 Posts
Yeah, this episode was a little slower than expected. But, I think they needed this episode. Now, they have several weapons (and apparently a marks(wo)man) to go after Ethan.
But, it will probably turn into the typical TV situation. We have these guns, that could resolve this situation, but we're not going to use them, because someone is against it. Instead, let's try to talk Ethan into giving back Claire and her devil child.

As for the rising tide. Is the Island sinking, or is Gilligan moving the lobster traps farther out to sea?

"When the water reaches my upper lip, I'm going to mention it to someone!" - Professor Fate
Old 01-06-05, 12:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Geofferson
Forget the episode. This is like Beauty and the Beast, Hottie and the Hobbit.

How about hottie Kate disarming 3 guys in a second and a half. No one else was impressed? The girl is Weapon X!
Old 01-06-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I liked the episode..not much action..but good backstory for kate..and setting up for next week

Wouldnt shannon be considered jailbait for Sayeed?
Old 01-06-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 875 Likes on 394 Posts
Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
The previews for next week look promising, with
Spoiler:
Shannon (I think) getting lifted off the ground after being chased by someone/something.

Bring it on!

Did anything happen after that? My TiVo stopped.
Old 01-06-05, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
So sho is Jack going to give the other 3 guns to when they go hunt for Ethan? Kate, Sayid(proper spelling according to ABC) and Charley? Or does he and Kate keep them to themselves? Jack needs to give that cash to Sawyer, to ease his mind of what was in the case and to make some peace.
Old 01-06-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Wouldnt shannon be considered jailbait for Sayeed?
I'm guessing that she's at least 21. Plus she told Sayid that the guy she was seeing at St. Tropez had a son so maybe she's into older guys.
Old 01-06-05, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by riley_dude
So what's with Boone and his evil look and when the girl said something to the effect of, what are you out with your New Boyfriend, could that be part of his secret that is suppose to be a shocker?
I'll be disappointed if Boone being gay is the big shocker. It has to be something more than that, it has to...
Old 01-06-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 623 Likes on 359 Posts
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
As for the rising tide. Is the Island sinking, or is Gilligan moving the lobster traps farther out to sea?

I liked the episode, overall. Thought it was weird that the Locke/Boone discovery was glossed over, but it looks like that will be explained next week. Sawyer is a total idiot. He's all swimming with Kate and they're having a good time and almost relating to each other, but then he has to go and turn into a complete jackass again when the case is recovered. He must like masturbation a lot cuz he ain't gonna the real thing with his stinkin' attitude
Old 01-06-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by SpringsGal
As far as Boone and Shannon, I think Boone mentioned that they ran some kind of wedding store (products for a wedding). I could be wrong with that (as I am just stating that from my memory).
Correct, it was a bridal empire and he ran a bridal shop.
Old 01-06-05, 01:36 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
a plane?! she killed two guys and robbed a bank for a model plane?

but aha! we don't actually see what is in the safe deposit box... we just see the plane is in the envelope in the briefcase. i think the safe deposit box held something else, and we are made to think it had the plane in it... but the plane had only since been put in the envelope in the briefcase.

i liked how they revealed this part. making it seem like she was part of some gang that robs banks... then revealing that she was pulling a fast one on the bank robbers, too. not a huge shocker or reveal, but interesting nonetheless.

and yes, the frenchwoman said they were on a "ship" that crashed. more than likely a boat, unless she means airship or space ship... oooooooh!
Old 01-06-05, 01:36 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by cleaver
Forget the episode. This is like Beauty and the Beast, Hottie and the Hobbit.

How about hottie Kate disarming 3 guys in a second and a half. No one else was impressed? The girl is Weapon X!
What was weird about that was why in the heck could she not beat the bejeebus out of sawyer?
Old 01-06-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
What was weird about that was why in the heck could she not beat the bejeebus out of sawyer?
Maybe she's holding back. She didn't tell anybody that she could follow tracks until she and Jack went out looking for Claire.
Old 01-06-05, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Maybe she's holding back. She didn't tell anybody that she could follow tracks until she and Jack went out looking for Claire.
Plus she didn't have a gun like she did in the bank, she couldn't just "disappear" like she was planning on doing in the bank scenario, and she had other options to get what she wants, unlike with the bank scenario. Those reasons combined with not tipping her hand as to her true strengths are enough to hold back with Sawyer, imo.
Old 01-06-05, 02:05 PM
Retired

That was a weak episode. Not bad, but definitely the least exciting/interesting one thus far. Next weeks looks like a return to form from the preview.

And I agree. Shannon is much hotter than Kate, who I think is simply cute. And like Red Dog, I tend to prefer brunettes.
Old 01-06-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johnglass
Edit to add the following from ABC's site:

Spoiler:
Meanwhile, Kate is puzzled by Sun's mysterious behavior, and a hungry Hurley must repay a debt to Jin.
Yeah, I liked how they had Sun in the background when Kate was talking to Jack about the briefcase. This means that Sun is gonna play a bigger role in the show soon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.