Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost 01/05/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 197 Likes on 162 Posts
I just hope the thing w/ Boone in regards to Shannon isn't incestuous in any way - that would be too stupid, imo. I hope it is something much more clever.

So Kate has taken part in a little bit of the Murder.Death.Kill - very interesting. I dug that scene of her in the vault and the gun-play.

When Shannon was sun-bathing, I was thinking back to BILLY MADISON - "Soooo hot, want to touch the heinie..."

Overall - decent ep that setup what is to come. Glad they showed a f ew characters that were introduced a while ago, but had been neglected when it came to the screen-time.
Old 01-05-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
I just hope the thing w/ Boone in regards to Shannon isn't incestuous in any way - that would be too stupid, imo. I hope it is something much more clever.
What if he's gay? Shannon did ask him if Locke was his "new boyfriend". Unless that was to "get under his skin".
Old 01-05-05, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rogue588
What if he's gay? Shannon did ask him if Locke was his "new boyfriend". Unless that was to "get under his skin".
That would be better than him having an incestuous infatuation w/ his sister.
Old 01-05-05, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ted The Bug
but she gave it back to him only to try to steal it back...... There was no point or logic to it!.
I just saw that as a bluff gone wrong.. Expecting him to think it was worthless and do the typical guy thing and go "Nah you go ahead and keep it" as I think most of us would have done as she is standing there in that outfit. heh..

over all I really liked the ep.. more so that the over all chase for the case etc did not have the normal big pay off of something really strange.. Heck THAT is a twist for this show. I will admit that the time line seemed a little off but then again the "big thing" in the ground that they found clearly is not easy to open. Thus the whole need for the AX etc.. plus the sister did ask why he was running off night after night.. So that part of the time line was intact as far as jumping forward a few days etc..

errrr but not sure the camp would just give up on hunting for a missing pregnant girl. Not when they are ON AN ISLAND!!! Geeeesh that many people, fan out in groups 3-5 people and walk the island to find the girl.. Not like we are talking about just 1,000's of miles..
Old 01-05-05, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was a gay reference. It may be to bug him, but he didn't argue.
Old 01-05-05, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bigsierra
I thought it was a gay reference. It may be to bug him, but he didn't argue.
that's what I thought also. I think there was anther reference in a previous episode about him. (maybe the last one when he was talking with Locke.)
Old 01-06-05, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ted The Bug
OK, Evangeline Lilly is easily the hottest person on any television show currently in production, agreed?
She's not even the hottest person on the show. She's cute but Shannon is 5 times hotter.
Old 01-06-05, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well he did play a gay guy in The Rules of Attraction.
Old 01-06-05, 01:13 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 123 Likes on 111 Posts
Kate looks much better off the show.

http://www.bdbfc.com/pics/lost4.jpg

found on a webpage somewhere...

Last edited by BDB; 01-06-05 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-06-05, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I liked this episode. Uneven, but very enjoyable -- hour went too fast!

The song...

Lost...

ABC...

Disney...

Pixar...

Finding Nemo...

... it's not rocket science guys.

Don't forget OfficeMax and that LOST ball of rubberbands.

The whole thing where Kate had the friggin briefcase and Sawyer was going to let her keep it, but she gave it back to him only to try to steal it back a few hours later was soooooooooooooo stupid. There was no point or logic to it!
Agreed. WTF was that?
Old 01-06-05, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by outer-edge
After the revelation about the song by Shannon, I wonder if the French lady and her party happened upon the island by boat (I don't think it is ever explained), whether by chance or searching for it.
Overall, a good episode and some more exciting future possibilities.
I'm pretty sure she said they got on the island from their boat crashing.

What?!? No screencaps yet?
Old 01-06-05, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Btw, doesn't Boone run a fashion type store for his mother? That was a fairly obvious reference to him being gay. I find it funny that there was nothing about him and Locke except the axe since the ending of the episode where they hear a metal clang seemed fairly important.

And I agree, Shannon is way other than Kate
Old 01-06-05, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Synopsis for next weeks show, from Tivo guide. Not very spoilerish, but I know some people don't like to read these things...

Spoiler:
"Hearts and Minds"
When Locke learns that Boone wants to tell their secret to Shannon, Shannon's life is placed in sudden peril and the shocking truth about her past with Boone is revealed.

Edit to add the following from ABC's site:

Spoiler:
Meanwhile, Kate is puzzled by Sun's mysterious behavior, and a hungry Hurley must repay a debt to Jin.

Last edited by johnglass; 01-06-05 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-06-05, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A couple of guesses for the upcoming episodes (although not likely not based on the spoiler above):

Boone stole Shannon's boyfriend, thus the strained relationship
Kate's only man she ever loved = her father
Old 01-06-05, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
I really thought the episode should've ended with Kate running down the beach holding out her new toy and making airplane sounds but that's just me.

I thought this was a very weak episode and I sure hope they start to kick this series into gear as it appears to be taking its sweet time going nowhere.
Old 01-06-05, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
This wasn't the anticipated "wow" episode I had hoped for - especially after the long hiatus and the cliffhanger of Locke/Boone's discover - but it still was satisfying.

Plus, how can you NOT like the gratutious "Kate strips down", "Kate swim in her undies" or "Shannon sunbathes" scenes. Me likey muchly.

The previews for next week look promising, with
Spoiler:
Shannon (I think) getting lifted off the ground after being chased by someone/something.

Bring it on!

Last edited by Pointyskull; 01-06-05 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-06-05, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Kate looks much better off the show.

http://www.bdbfc.com/pics/lost4.jpg

found on a webpage somewhere...

Please - refrain from teasing us.

Old 01-06-05, 08:42 AM

Wow, are her and the Hobbit together? Look at the rest of the pics, esp. this one:

http://www.bdbfc.com/pics/lost3.jpg
Old 01-06-05, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
I know most of you are disappointed about yesterday's episode and understandably so since it has a slower pace compared to the previous ones. However, as I already stated, it sets up next week episode very well.

Now, if they don't meet our high expectations for the Shannon and Boone episode next week, I'll be pissed.
Old 01-06-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 632 Likes on 506 Posts
Originally Posted by Dabaomb
She's not even the hottest person on the show. She's cute but Shannon is 5 times hotter.

I agree and I'm generally partial to brunettes. Said knows what I'm talking about.

Loved Kate's backstory.
Old 01-06-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I find Kate to be the least interesting character and so this episode didn't deliver for me. Her backstory is absurd compared to the achingly emotional backstories of Jack, Sayid, Locke and the Korean couple. I'd rather have spent the time with Boone and Locke and the metal thing or looking for Claire or learning backstories for Boone/Shannon or Michael and his son. Kate giving Sawyer the case for no reason was idiotic and Evangeline Lilly is too bland to project any kind of anguish into that character. I liked her at first but she can't hang with the rest of this outstanding cast.

JJ Abrams was 0 for 2 last night in our house.
Old 01-06-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
You know, for someone who has spent a month sunbathing in the South Pacific, Shannon sure has some milky white skin.

Oh, and Claire blows both of them away...preggos and all
Old 01-06-05, 09:22 AM

I'm surprised nobody has talked about the rising tide yet. Think there is any kind of mysterious reason for it? Or just an excuse to get Charlie and Rose to do a little bonding while lugging stuff around?
Old 01-06-05, 09:30 AM

Received 111 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Meteu185
Wow, are her and the Hobbit together? Look at the rest of the pics, esp. this one:

http://www.bdbfc.com/pics/lost3.jpg
No, no...this one: http://www.bdbfc.com/pics/lost2.jpg
Old 01-06-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Lost" scored a 12.8/19 at 8 p.m., the show's best ratings this season. CBS took second for the hour with "60 Minutes," 7.7/12. The "SI Swimsuit Model Search" debuted to a tepid 5.1/8 for NBC. FOX was fourth, averaging 4.1/6 with "That '70s Show" and "Quintuplets." A "Smallville" rerun on The WB beat out the premiere of UPN's "Road to Stardom with Missy Elliott," 2.0/3.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.