Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Apprentice 11/25/04

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-04, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Apprentice 11/25/04

Andy is being a total idiot. Trying to bribe the design team, and then not letting them have pizza. I think that he is gone, hopefully.
Old 11-25-04, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I want Andy to be gone, but I think the writing is on the wall for Sandy. Too bad. She is a hottie, and she has gone far with no education, without having the facf shoved down our throats like Troy from S1.
Old 11-25-04, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Andy's done!

His ideas sucked.
Old 11-25-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope so, but I doubt it. I really think that there was foreshadowing for Sandy going.
Old 11-25-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bye Bye Andy!
Old 11-25-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm glad Sandy called the others on their scheming. This is not Survivor!
Old 11-25-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow, Sandy went out fighting.

Jenn sold out Andy when she told her that she had spoken with Andy beforehand.

If Andy were on this show with 5 years of work experience, he would've done a lot better.

That bribing of the design team and not letting them eat was stupid. Plus that bottle was FUGLY!
Old 11-26-04, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loved how she just went off on them both! Nice to see Andy sitting there like a little boy who'd just peed his pants unable to come up with anything to defend himself. Great ending--go Sandy.
Old 11-26-04, 12:09 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Andy had to go, but I think he went too early.
Old 11-26-04, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay so you have to be a woman or gay to watch the Academy Awards? I guess I am gay then....Iguana or whatever her name is needs to go.

----

And that world bottle was fuckin ugly! Deserved to lose.
Old 11-26-04, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After seeing clips for next week's episode, does anyone think it will
come down to Kevin and Kelly? Sandy may have prolonged her execution, but I don't see any of the women lasting much longer.
Old 11-26-04, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sandy really surprised me in the boardroom and deserved to stay
for that alone. I was thinking that her stuttering around during the prentation would come up but it didn't.

Andy's bribing the design team with cash and making them smell pizza while not allowing them to eat was idiotic. His helpless behavior and betrayal by Jenn in the boardroom was the nail in the coffin but I think he deserved it.

I wasn't a big fan of Kelly's going into this task but that bottle design was brilliant.

I was hoping that Iguana would wreck that Lamborghini like she did Daddy's Porsche but no such luck.
Old 11-26-04, 12:47 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked Andy on the prior tasks, but he was terrible here. Actually, his whole team was pretty bad. The bottle looked ridiculous, which is strange because in theory in didn't sound bad. But the final product was ugly. I suppose I expected something a bit more subtle, and without the graphics. But Sandy's idea for it was almost worse. A big round thing? Like vendors would want to (or be able to) stock those akward things.

As for the board room, Andy did get eaten alive but I thought Trump's 'debate champ' comment missed the mark. I wouldn't consider Sandy's tactic of nonstop talking without letting anyone else get a word in edgewise as a fair debate technique. She was correct in calling them out, but the "talking louder and repeating the same thing over and over as the other person tries to respond" techniqu was a bit cheap and Trump should have recognized that and at least gave Andy a chance to say his peace.
Old 11-26-04, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Ivana is a little nympho and I would hit the ass off of her.
Old 11-26-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DRG
I liked Andy on the prior tasks, but he was terrible here. Actually, his whole team was pretty bad. The bottle looked ridiculous, which is strange because in theory in didn't sound bad. But the final product was ugly. I suppose I expected something a bit more subtle, and without the graphics. But Sandy's idea for it was almost worse. A big round thing? Like vendors would want to (or be able to) stock those akward things.

As for the board room, Andy did get eaten alive but I thought Trump's 'debate champ' comment missed the mark. I wouldn't consider Sandy's tactic of nonstop talking without letting anyone else get a word in edgewise as a fair debate technique. She was correct in calling them out, but the "talking louder and repeating the same thing over and over as the other person tries to respond" techniqu was a bit cheap and Trump should have recognized that and at least gave Andy a chance to say his peace.
trump likes loud overbearing people. that is why the quiet guy from Goldman Sachs lost last season
Old 11-26-04, 06:04 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by DRG

I know, my wife and I were like Sandy shutup! But it worked in her favor.
Old 11-26-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by al_bundy
trump likes loud overbearing people. that is why the quiet guy from Goldman Sachs lost last season
Kwame Jackson
Old 11-26-04, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Tommy Ceez
Ivana is a little nympho and I would hit the ass off of her.
Ditto.

Anywho, that bottle design was incredible. Apex deserved to win just because of that alone.

I like how Carolyn's started sniffing around Jen's getting by under the radar.
Old 11-27-04, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had to miss this week's ep, plus barely got a glance at last week's. Do you mean to tell me that the stupid goon IVANA is *still* there?? How she has lasted this long is completely beyond me. Is there any chance in hell she could win? God, I hope not. I'm basing that on my extreme dislike of her and her childishness, and nothing else, so I guess I'm not being fair, but she irks the $hit out of me.

Hate to hear that Andy had to go. I did like him. But I figured in the beginning his inexperience would lead to his downfall. What the hell is this with bribing and not sharing pizza? That sounds juvenile... Man, I wish I'd seen this one. (No Tivo for me.)

Forgive me for being unsure of his name, but the black guy is still there, right? I hope so. He has been the *only* one out of the whole ignorant bunch who seemed like he had some sense, and most of all, decorum - the only one who hasn't made himself look like a fool. I'm rooting for him, if he's still there. I just haven't been able to keep up with the show the way I'd like.

I'll catch it next time, though. So how many is that down to? Even though I missed most of last week, I do know that two got canned, Blinky and whatshisname. Blinky! God, she was annoying. I guess they pick the most annoying people possible. Well, duh. But still.

My most, Most Detested Ever out of the whole bunch was Pamela, though and I rejoiced when she choked. She was utterly useless. And the guy I liked a lot at first got it right in the very beginning - for trying to be all noble and stuff, Bradford. He seemed like a nice guy. Guess nice guys aren't what Trump's looking for.

I love George and Carolyn (sp?) I love those camera zoom-ins of the scowling and dramatic stares. The editors get an A+ on this show.

Carolyn was on Conan a while back. She was actually quite amusing and charming. She reminded me of Princess Di, RIP.
Old 11-27-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mersaulte
Carolyn was on Conan a while back. She was actually quite amusing and charming. She reminded me of Princess Di, RIP.
Very much so. I mentioned that to a few people last year when I first saw her.

If you ever see her getting interviewed, she is pretty laid back and funny.
Old 11-27-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Trump had a good point in the board room when Andy was being turn apart by the two girls even though he is a national debate champion. He handled himself alright last week and I think that's why he prolonged his stay but he wasn't going to make it to the end anyway.
Old 11-27-04, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That globe bottle would have looked fine, if only they didn't have the typical school globe colors. If they had the globe red and blue and white, it would have looked just fine.
Old 11-27-04, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nice reward! Oh how I would love to drive one of those sweet Lamborghinis.

These people suck. Ivana is an idiot. Jenn is a moron. Sandy is OK, but she needs an education. Kevin is OK, kind of vanilla though. He hasn't really distinguished himself. Kelly wins by virtue of everyone else stinking up the joint.

The "edge" bottle (with the hole) was very cool. I wonder if pepsi will actually produce it. If they do, would Ivana, Kevin and Kelly have any claim on a portion of the design deal? The "globe" bottle just looked stupid. You couldn't see the contents. The colors were painful to the eyes. The bulbous shape was just ugly. Andy really acted like an amateur with his caffeine-induced antics, the so-called cash "tips" and the withholding pizza like this was a grade school project or something. Give me a break dude.
Old 11-27-04, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Edge bottle was really cool but one thing that really bothered me about it, it wouldn't feel good in your hand. I can't picture people carrying that around and drinking from it. I would have shaped it like a Tivo remote.
Old 11-28-04, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I kept thinking it would be difficult, if not impossible, to blow mold a bottle like that. Cool is one thing, but you have to be able to economically make them. You can't have that expensive machine make each bottle.

But then I design stuff for a living and often run into the "it looks cool!" designer vs the engineer.

Sorry about Andy... but what is it about people that make them get stupid when they become the PM? The paying money and pizza was silly... and he looked (well most of them look) like they can't really take input and work as a team.

I am not seeing any one person really qualified to win at this point. Maybe someone that was already fired.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.