Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Apprentice 11/25/04

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-04, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by BizRodian
That globe bottle would have looked fine, if only they didn't have the typical school globe colors. If they had the globe red and blue and white, it would have looked just fine.
Personally, I think that the globe bottle would've been fine if it was just a clear bottle with the continents imprinted on the bottle (i.e. the continents are raised slightly).
Old 11-28-04, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dabaomb
Personally, I think that the globe bottle would've been fine if it was just a clear bottle with the continents imprinted on the bottle (i.e. the continents are raised slightly).
That's what I was thinking, or if they just had it in the background of the label, like the Amazing Race logo (not in the school globe colors, of course). This would mean that there would only be one label, not like what they actually did.
Old 11-29-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by taa455
The "edge" bottle (with the hole) was very cool. I wonder if pepsi will actually produce it. If they do, would Ivana, Kevin and Kelly have any claim on a portion of the design deal?
I'm sure they signed an "all ideas/creations/etc from the show remain the sole property of The Trumpster!" type of disclaimer/contract.

Kevin and Kelly in the finals. Kevin needs to work on the public speaking sweats and Kelly needs to play better with others, but both are the strongest two IMHO.
Old 11-29-04, 12:36 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The best part about this episode was the fake "Taxicab Interview."
Old 11-29-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
The best part about this episode was the fake "Taxicab Interview."
Clearly.
Old 11-29-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I finally watched the latest episode, and I found it funny that Jennifer was extremely quick to parrot everything the Donald said to her. That's her way of currying the favor of the Donald (Carolyn does it too).

If I were the Donald, would I want someone like Sandy who sounded like the angry chihuahua on crack working for me, or someone who didn't lower themselves to her level. Andy was "damned if he does and damned if he doesn't" when it came to screaming back at Sandy. He took the high road, and the Donald proceeded to use that to describe the 2 women flanking to left and right as "pummelling" him, which was bogus.

Now, Andy did deserve to shoulder most of the blame because his use of pizza and money to inspire his design team was so 8th grade. That's what he should have been fired for, not because he choose not to scream back at Sandy in the boardroom.

Anyhow, from day 1, this show's reliance on the Donald to make the final decision just makes this show pretty bloated, and obviously I don't find it must-see-that-night TV anymore since it took me over 3 days to finally get to the latest episode.

I think Raj might have a great future as a driver on "Taxi Cab Confessions".
Old 11-29-04, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by Kal-El
Clearly.
::
Old 11-29-04, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The latest episode was kind of boring. Nothing really happened that was at all exciting, but what are you gonna do.

Honestly I am still pissed off Raj was let go. I still don't know how Ivana, Kevin, and Jennifer are still left. Maybe Trump is partial to women named Ivana, Jennifer is a hottie so she is going to use that to squeak by.
Old 11-29-04, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Jennifer is no hottie, in my opinion. Sandy is way prettier.
Old 11-29-04, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now, Andy did deserve to shoulder most of the blame because his use of pizza and money to inspire his design team was so 8th grade. That's what he should have been fired for, not because he choose not to scream back at Sandy in the boardroom.
It's always been like this though. The person who gets fired, very often deserves it, but it's always for some BS reason.
Old 11-30-04, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by taa455
Jennifer is no hottie, in my opinion. Sandy is way prettier.
I agree. The only time that Jennifer looked really good was the Levis episode.

I'd rank them:
1. Elizabeth
2. Sandy
3. Jennifer (black hair)
4. Jennifer (blonde)