Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor - 11/25

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-04, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it'll be Scout and Twila in the final 2. I am actually kinda rooting for Twila at this point...
Old 11-27-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by mosquitobite
I think it'll be Scout and Twila in the final 2. I am actually kinda rooting for Twila at this point...
Me too! She moved up ten notches in my book after she took control with Chris.
Old 11-27-04, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
[ sarcasm]The CBS execs would be just overjoyed by a Twila/Scout final two.[ / sarcasm]
Old 11-27-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Im sorry, but theres no way Eliza is not in the final two...you have to be a complete idiot not to take the seasons most annoying player into the jury...

BTW, has ANYONE used the fishing angle since Brady tried it?

Chris COULD have been the mack daddy by bringing the girls fish.
Old 11-27-04, 10:34 PM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
Originally posted by Tommy Ceez
Chris COULD have been the mack daddy by bringing the girls fish.
Sure thing... since we know that Amy and Scout both have a thing for tuna.

Did I just type that... I should be ashamed of myself... I'm gonna go say 50 "Hail Mary"s.
Old 11-27-04, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 11-28-04, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Goldberg74
Sure thing... since we know that Amy and Scout both have a thing for tuna.

Did I just type that... I should be ashamed of myself... I'm gonna go say 50 "Hail Mary"s.
Old 11-28-04, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dabaomb

also, Chris is still an idiot in my book. He couldn't even come up with the idea to bring Eliza into an alliance with him. Twila had to tell him. She told him that she hasn't even tried talking to the wild card yet. Chris says, you mean you (Twila)? Then he says "Scout?" Finally Twila has to say, Eliza.
Yeah pretty sad for someone who has been telling us how smart he is all season. He has no foresight. They should have been trying to turn Eliza when there were 3 guys left. But instead they tried to get her voted out and failed. That would have bought them one whole week at best.
Old 11-28-04, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and the boobs stay for atleast another week. YAY!
Old 11-28-04, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mmmmm.......boobs
Old 11-28-04, 04:30 PM

I missed the very end when they interviewed Leann. What did she say? what was her reaction? I knew she was going when she said she didn't motivate her friend in the challenge bc she wasn't in danger of being voted off
Old 11-28-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ami is hot. Thats enough for me to root for her winning this game.
Old 11-29-04, 03:19 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I want Eliza to win. Maybe I just like to root for the underdog. Maybe I like her breasts better than Ami's. Either way, I would be quite unhappy with a final two that didn't include Eliza.
Old 11-29-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally posted by Walter Mitty
I missed the very end when they interviewed Leann. What did she say? what was her reaction? I knew she was going when she said she didn't motivate her friend in the challenge bc she wasn't in danger of being voted off
Along the lines of

"Im totally floored, wow, I was blindsided...I wish I knew who voted for me because Im really surpised...shocked...after just saying I was in no danger toninght...!"
Old 11-29-04, 02:03 PM

Count me in as another who didn't see anything so terrible about Chris' interaction with his girlfriend. It must be a terrible feeling to realize that the one immunity challenge you absolutely MUST win is going to be played by someone else. Of course, I've never had as much of a problem with the men Lopevi as everyone here. There was nothing wrong with the men voting Brook, JP and Brady off. The only mistake I think they made was voting John K off when they did. The thing is, John didn't do himself any favors by conspiring against Chad when he could have presented a united front and targeted Twila or Julie.

The women of Yasur were doing the exact same thing by voting off Dolly and Mia, but people around here don't seem to mind as much since the women ended up controlling the second half of the game. It shouldn't be an issue anyway, as this game really isn't about who did well in what challenge and it never has been. So Chris had a lot of trouble with the balance beam. So what? This isn't a game about balance beams. Should he have volunteered himself at Tribal Council that night? Eliza after the pig challenge? Leann after the swimming challenge?

This game is about surviving the other people. Part of that involves alliances. Chris gathered 4 men and created one. They stuck to their alliance (which is probably a smart move early in the game to ensure trust later on) and weren't doing bad until they lost two of their men to a swap. After that Chris did everything in his power to get ahead in the game. Lopevi did well post-swap. They only faltered with the John vote and I explained that above. It's not like it was a drastic 8-2 ratio at the merge. No season of Survivor has had a extremely lopsided merge.
Old 11-29-04, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is next weeks episode new? My tape cut off the previews.

I am dreading getting blindsided by the silly "clip" show.
Old 11-29-04, 04:38 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by automator

I was wondering the same thing, aren't we due for a recap episode soon?
Old 11-29-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There are only 3 episodes left for this season, and 6 contestants left.
Old 11-29-04, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Isn't that how it always is? 2 episodes to get them down to the final 4 and the last two hour show has the first hour getting it down to the final 2 (no reward) and then the final hour is it.
Old 11-29-04, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by automator

Previews made it look like a new episode. My guess is that if they haven't done a clip-show yet, they won't at all.
Old 11-29-04, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Usually the clips shows appears near the merge time of the game (or half-way through the contestants).
Old 11-29-04, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Tommy_Harn
Previews made it look like a new episode. My guess is that if they haven't done a clip-show yet, they won't at all.
I agree. Remember that there were 2 extra contestants this season. They got rid of one of them during the tribal council where 2 ppl were sent packing. They still have an extra person to get rid of unless there's an extra episode this season.
Old 11-29-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Tommy_Harn
Would YOU do a clip show with this group of stiffs!?!
Old 11-30-04, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by TwineTime
Of course, I've never had as much of a problem with the men Lopevi as everyone here.
My problem with them is more that they were stupid.

Remember the "Concentration" challenge?
Old 11-30-04, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally posted by RandyC
My problem with them is more that they were stupid.

Remember the "Concentration" challenge?
You mean when they consistently wildly guessed with their second choices (when no sure match of their first pick could be obtained) thus revealing a second hidden object to the women, helping ensure they would always be able to achieve a slam dunk match on their ensuing turn, rather than the men using their second pick to choose an already well known object so as not to reveal further information about the hidden objects? Stupid seems like an accurate word to me.

I'll give credit to Chris though. He was an easy choice to be gone the first week, and he instead convinced the mildly retarded soon to be members of the fat five to slit their own throats by instead voting off their strongest teammates in the first days of the series and thereby ensuring they would lose and lose and lose again to be later picked off by the otherwise far weaker female team. And somehow Chris still survives.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.