Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice - 11/18

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by Sessa17
You guys loving the Taxi all realize it's not real right? They don't actual go in a Taxi together anywhere.

The Taxi actually just goes around the block, it's shot about 2-3 o'clock in the morning, so there is no traffic, & then the Taxi comes right back to do another take, & then as soon whoever is fired actuall steps out of the board room that takes place days after it actually happened.

Now I see why reality TV is so popular, people actual think it's all real.

Damn and here I thought that all of their clothes and belongings (for the competition that lasts weeks) could fit in the tiny roller luggage they walk out with. Stupid Red Dog.
Old 11-19-04, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
Damn and here I thought that all of their clothes and belongings (for the competition that lasts weeks) could fit in the tiny roller luggage they walk out with. Stupid Red Dog.

There are a ton of "set-up" shots that are totally obvious, like catching Donald in the middle of an important call or when they came in and the Levis President was in the middle of talking to a worker about something important.

Do I know these are "fake?" Absolutely. Do I care? No... the show is still entertaining.
Old 11-19-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You guys loving the Taxi all realize it's not real right? They don't actual go in a Taxi together anywhere.

The Taxi actually just goes around the block
Sounds like they go somewhere together...
Old 11-19-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
The elevator is fake too... they live on the same floor as the boardroom set.

So what.
Old 11-19-04, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was funny how Maria's shirt said "Edgy". How apropos.

It would have been great if someone on her team made a Sound of Music reference and started singing "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?"

I have always hated Ivana, but I actually felt bad for her since she came up with that idea and Jen got all the credit. Stupoid Jen didn't even understand the idea which made it even more infuriating. Pretty dumb of Ivana to critique Jen for acting "blonde" in front of Caroline.

I thought it was odd that the Trumpster asked the account who did the best job on the team. We usually don't see him do that. And how would that guy know? He only saw the presentation, not how they worked. Poor Kevin-- I haven't seen someone sweat under pressure like that since Nixon in the 1960 presidential debates.
Old 11-19-04, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was it just me or was Kevin carrying a purse during one of the scenes where he's talking to Sandy?

I was really surprised that Ivana actually came up with a good idea and really contributed to the team since she's pretty much just blended into the walls most times.
Old 11-19-04, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm guessing this is going to come down to either Kevin, Kelly and maybe Andy.
Old 11-19-04, 12:58 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad both of them are gone, hopefully Andy does step up to the plate.

Everytime I see Bill next to Trump, he always looks like Trumps little bitch. Little Bitch Bill.
Old 11-19-04, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by GuessWho
The elevator is fake too... they live on the same floor as the boardroom set.

So what.
My only point was clearly there are several people here that posted as if they thought it was real, they talked about how awful the cab ride must be liked or that they liked that they both had to share a cab.

So clearly, there are some that think it's real.
Old 11-19-04, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jadzia
It would have been great if someone on her team made a Sound of Music reference and started singing "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?"
I can picture Julie Andrews running around on the mountain top blinking wildly.
Old 11-19-04, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Fok
Glad both of them are gone, hopefully Andy does step up to the plate.

Everytime I see Bill next to Trump, he always looks like Trumps little bitch. Little Bitch Bill.
that's Mr. Ranzick (sp) to you
Old 11-19-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
My only point was clearly there are several people here that posted as if they thought it was real, they talked about how awful the cab ride must be liked or that they liked that they both had to share a cab.
But, I assume that two people who dont like each other had to sit in a cab together and be interviewed efectivly sharing thier last bit of show limelight, or are you implying that they were filmed in seperate locations and digitally inserted into the cab together?
Old 11-19-04, 02:04 PM

So clearly, there are some that think it's real.
1) They were both in a cab together, right?

2) The cab was moving at the time that they were speaking, right?

3) You agree that no CGI or digital manipulation was done to the footage, right?

Therefore, clearly the only conclusion is that they were really riding in a cab together, and any comments about such are perfectly valid and on point.... except yours.

So, clearly you either don't explain yourself very well, or clearly you have no idea what you're actually trying to say and are merely posting in a poor, misguided attempt to appear clever or somehow more "informed" than others.

Clearly, you failed at both.
Old 11-19-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I clearly understood that post
Old 11-19-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Flashback
Well I clearly understood that post
Wait a minute.....they were in a taxi?
Old 11-19-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Clearly.
Old 11-19-04, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can see clearly now.
Old 11-19-04, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Crystal
Old 11-19-04, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who didn't know that about the taxi? Of course everyone knows it. The two of them together in the cab makes for good TV, which is the goal of any TV show, regardless of if it is reality or scripted.

Did you really think that you were the only one to think that the taxi doesn't take them home right away, and had to point it out to the DVDTalk bumpkins??

Now I see why reality TV is so popular, people actual think it's all real.
I love how you raise yourself over these stupid generic "people" (us yokels included, I'm sure) that are all fooled by the Donald and his crew.
Old 11-19-04, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maxim has the girls from the Apprentice 2 this month. The girls were Maria, Jennifer C, Sandy, Crazy Stacie, and Pamela.

Maria has washboard breasts.

Jennifer C looks aiight for her age, nice rack.

Sandy is okay, nothing too revealing.

Crazy Stacie has a nice bod.

Pamela was airbrushed well enough (can't believe she's in her early 30s because I thought she was around 37), and it looks like she paid for her rack, but it looks aiight as well.
Old 11-19-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by movieking

Did you really think that you were the only one to think that the taxi doesn't take them home right away, and had to point it out to the DVDTalk bumpkins??
You must really not think much of yourself or the people here, I never called anyone names nor said anything about the taxi taking them home right away. There were several people posting as if "they" thought they had to take a taxi cab ride immediately after being fired, they said they enjoyed that part, so clearly if they enjoyed it they thought it was rea. That is all I commented on. The Post had an article saying how the cab rides often weren't even filmed the same day as when they are fired nor are they actually going anywhere.

I love how you raise yourself over these stupid generic "people" (us yokels included, I'm sure) that are all fooled by the Donald and his crew.
Again, I'm sorry you don't think much of yourself or the other members here. I didn't raise myself over anyone, I do find it funny people analyzing reality TV & getting into it as if it was real. it's why I check these threads out, the ratings for these shows are huge, I don't know anyone that watched them but then I check the stuff out here & people are sooo into it. Doesn't make me better than anyone nor did I say I was, but if you think it does, hey, I'm not going to argue.

Last edited by Sessa17; 11-19-04 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-19-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There were several people posting as if "they" thought they had to take a taxi cab ride immediately after being fired, they said they enjoyed that part, so clearly if they enjoyed it they thought it was rea.
Loved that they had to share the cab

They contradicted everything the other one was saying.
That was some funny stuff. Wes and Maria riding shoulder to shoulder in the back of that taxi.

Wes: I've never heard those words before.

Maria: I've never been fired before as well.

Wes: I would like to have had my own cab though.
That taxi scene was great and as others have said, Wes's line about wanting his own cab was great.
The taxi scene was priceless.

So which of these comments made it look like these people thought that they actually took a cab home together?
Old 11-19-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DodgingCars
So which of these comments made it look like these people thought that they actually took a cab home together?
None, again, I'l repeat myself, I never said anything about them taking a cab home together.

All of the lines you quoted showed that people here gave the reaction that the show intended. It's edited so it looks as if the people got fired then immediately had to share a cab to the airport or where ever for an awkward length of time, thus giving the viewer the reactionof saying something, I don't know along the exact lines of "the taxi scene was priceless", which is an exact quote you used. Since several people gave that reaction, as you took the time to quote, I thought it was quite funny since it shows, to me, I guess not to one who watched the show, that clearly people fall for this stuff, because if you know it's fake, & that they don't actuall go anwhere except around the block & that it happens on a different day usally, then all the reason it would be "priceless" are now void. But since people think it's real, then several here & I'm sure millions watching got a kick out of seeing what they think, are to people who just got fired together, minutes later having to share a long awkard cab together to the airport or wherever there destination is.

I really struck a nerve with you reality TV lovers.

I know most realize a lot is set-up, but those people that do point it out in this thread, & complain about the stuff that is so obviously set-up, but when a bunch of posts give the reaction that is intended by the false editing, I'm sorry, but that shows they thought it was real.

Last edited by Sessa17; 11-19-04 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-19-04, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by DodgingCars

There are a ton of "set-up" shots that are totally obvious, like catching Donald in the middle of an important call or when they came in and the Levis President was in the middle of talking to a worker about something important.

Do I know these are "fake?" Absolutely. Do I care? No... the show is still entertaining.

When Trump was on the phone last night and said, "Im going to Levi's, cancel all my appointments." I just laughed. Trump is a loser. Try to make it believable. Don't insult my intelligence that you just randomly decided to go to Levi's.
Old 11-19-04, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by P.E.
For some reason, when Trump said, "And I just have to do this" right before firing Wes, I thought he would start blinking really quickly in Maria's face.
That would have been great!

Kevin was freaking me out during the presentation. I was waiting for him to turn into the Hulk. I totally understand being nervous during presentations though, so my heart goes out.

I would love it if there was a good female contestant in the game still. The ones left are all shite. Pamela was the only one this season that really had a set. Actually thats not fair because most of the guys weren't good this year either and of the ones left...yeah. Not that it isn't fun to watch them not be good.

Also Carolyn is totally giving me the hot this season. What the hell?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.