TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Dreams 10/31/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-04, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
American Dreams 10/31/04

10/31/04

Nathan is released from prison, works in a VA hospital, sees the wounded from the war, sees the reaction of the wounded not wanting to see their loved ones because they are now incomplete (missing limbs, etc). He encourages one lady to keep writing letters to her boyfriend who's in the hospital but refuses to see her because he's missing his left arm.

Helen convinces Jack to take a trip for their 20th anniversary. They go back to the place for their honeymoon(I think). Helen kills Jack in strip Gin.

Rox moves in with Luke, but it's rocky because Rox is jealous of Luke's long distance relationship.

The group of high school peaceniks meet at the Pryor's house, Chris suggest painting a peace sign on a wall at school. Then a brick is thrown through the window, which scares Meg into not making more anti-war overtures.

Henry has Sam bring a loaner TV to the Pryor's place, but Sam is hesitant because he wants to keep his distance from Meg because of Melanie's jealousy issues. Sam explains it to Meg, but Meg thinks it's immature, but it get her to help Chris with his anti-war gesture.

Meg and Chris continue to push their anti-war stance, and they get caught painting a peace sign on a wall at school at night. They kiss for the first time in the heat of the moment before getting caught. The principal/father suspends them for 2 weeks. Jack gets the call from the principal at the place they were staying at, and gets the news of Meg's suspension. Helen talks Jack out of leaving immediately.

Beth finally quits her waitressing job because Cal's presence makes her uncomfortable, and perhaps she doesn't want to be tempted by him as she's carrying JJ's baby.

JJ, his CO, and another injured soldier are captured by the VC, and interrogated and punished for their non-cooperation. JJ was smart enough to booby-trap his weapon, and it allows JJ and his CO to escape as the incoming air-bombing raid is about to hit VC's camp. The injured soldier was the one who take a bullet for JJ and the CO before the weapon would explode and provide an opportunity for them to escape.

The army send an officer to tell the Pryors that JJ is considered Missing In Action. Meg's suspension is quickly bypassed by this grim news. Helen's in tears, praying for her son. Beth comes home, and the looks on the Pryor's family members' faces tell her all she needs to know.
Old 11-01-04, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Luke - far too understanding of Roxanne. Plus how could she think that bringing the nerd home would make him jealous.

Good to see Nathan back - one of my favorite characters on the show. "Shut up, old man!!!"
Old 11-01-04, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another great episode. I actually didn't mind Milo/Jess is this episode and (shocker!) I'm actually starting to like his Chris character.

I felt bad for Beth at the end, since they didn't tell her JJ was missing; I'm assuming her first thought was that he was killed in action. At least with missing, there is hope. I was sad about her and Cal though, I like him.

Nathan was very likeable in this episode, especially when he was cooking extra food for the wounded soldier who hated the VA hospital food. I used to not like his character, but he has really grown.
Old 11-01-04, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Prison does funny things to a man...
Old 11-01-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Damn, that ending was good. Too bad my recording shut off before I could see the promo for next week.

I really liked Nathan's return and ensuing storyline at the VA hospital.