Reload this Page >

The Apprentice 10/28/04

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice 10/28/04

Old 10-28-04, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Apprentice 10/28/04

I almost think Raj kept pushing the Military idea to get Elizabeth fired because anyone with a room temperature IQ would know that a "police state" angle would turn off prospective NYPD applicants across the board. Elizabeth was stupid enough to not squash that idea immediately.

They should have went with a heroic/self-sacrifice angle, plus add in a "to protect and serve" reminder in terms of NY's way of life.

Donnie could not have been more specific, get to the heart of prospective applicant, and create a feel-good aspect to getting people to want to serve in the NYPD.
Old 10-28-04, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that commercial scared the hell out of me!

If she had stayed with her idea of changing it to a more somber "emotional" theme and told the rest of the team to go fuck themselves she would have still been there.
Old 10-28-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elizabeth reminded me of the Debby Downer skit on SNL.
Old 10-28-04, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man that was harsh. But necessary. Too much of a setup by the team members though.
Old 10-28-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
I liked how the voiceovers of Trump saying something brilliant and insightful sounds NOTHING like the voice audio during the board meeting. Nice cutaways also. A test of a true leader is knowing exactly what you want to say at that time and not fill in the words after the fact. Bfrank Head Shake
Old 10-29-04, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
wow, Elizabeth was practically the worst PM ever. Hek, Donald fired her without letting her bring in the 2 others for the firing.

Hmm, but sadly, Elizabeth was my favorite looks-wise. If Sandy goes, there will be no more eye-candy on the show.

One more thing, I think that all the contestants should be PM at least once before someone is PM a second time.
Old 10-29-04, 12:47 AM

wow, Elizabeth was practically the worst PM ever. Hek, Donald fired her without letting her bring in the 2 others for the firing.
Yeah, but, but, but...so cute. I'll be honest, I usually lose most of my interest in any reality show once the hottest girl is gone. Hell that's usually why I get interested in any reality show in the first place. Now I'll have to...you know, raise my viewing standards and such, judge the show on its merits and crap like that.

Last edited by BabiG; 10-29-04 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-29-04, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by chowderhead
I liked how the voiceovers of Trump saying something brilliant and insightful sounds NOTHING like the voice audio during the board meeting. Nice cutaways also. A test of a true leader is knowing exactly what you want to say at that time and not fill in the words after the fact. Bfrank Head Shake
Old news...

Been doing that ever since the first show aired from the first season...

What is even worse is that he is awful at reading cue cards (season finale of App. First Season and SNL.)
Old 10-29-04, 02:14 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I bet Kelly, Kevin, and Jennifer M. go far in this contest.
Old 10-29-04, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by Kal-El
Man that was harsh. But necessary. Too much of a setup by the team members though.

That pretty much says it all. That was a horrible ad campaign though.
Old 10-29-04, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
yeah I lost my girl

Is this going to be repeated on Saturday? There was no mention of this at the end of the show
Old 10-29-04, 09:52 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Night and day difference in PM quality there. Elizabeth had no control and failed. She let herself be berated and belittled every step of the way, and she refused to stand up for anything she believed in. Andy seized control and pulled out a victory despite his team questioning the 'sexiness' of the piece. When he *did* make consessions (like sharing the presentation duties), it was actually the right call as well, showing an ability to be flexible for the good of the team.

Surprised for all the Elizabeth love here... I always thought she was just average attractiveness on the show. I mean, she's not bad at all, but nothing special.

Now Jennifer M. on the other hand... maybe I just like the sexy bitchy thing, I dunno.
Old 10-29-04, 10:41 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by CPA-ESQ.
yeah I lost my girl

Is this going to be repeated on Saturday? There was no mention of this at the end of the show
There won't be a repeat on Saturday. Instead they moved supposedly exclusive video clips on: Apprentice

I really didn't see any "exclusive" clips there at all. YMMV
Old 10-29-04, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Kevin went up in my opinion. The way he stayed and worked through it with Elizabeth...then after she changed it he pulled her aside and tried to give her some advice on how to save her skin...these are some of the traits I think make a great leader. Not sure if he's been a PM yet...but I hope he goes far.

Andy constantly saying "a 22 yr old" got old fast. Replace that statement with "a black man" or "a hispanic woman" and you'll understand what I mean.

Nice job of The Don to not let 'em leave and come back... This was over pretty early and Elizabeth should have realized it.

Lastly... I thought it was hilarious that Ivana (I think) used the term flip-flop! It's amazing how readily people take trendy words/terms and run with them.
Old 10-29-04, 11:19 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by BassDude
Kevin went up in my opinion. The way he stayed and worked through it with Elizabeth...then after she changed it he pulled her aside and tried to give her some advice on how to save her skin...these are some of the traits I think make a great leader. Not sure if he's been a PM yet...but I hope he goes far.
Agreed. I'd be shocked if Kevin doesn't make the final two.

I used to think Raj was a shoo-in for the end game as well, but now I'm not so sure.

I doubt we'll see any women in the top two this time either.
Old 10-29-04, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone caught this, or if it is even worth the bother, since I don't know what swear words are used on tv anymore. But during one scene, I forget which group, the group with Elizabeth, one of the guys said "All I told her was to not be a p***y". I had to rewind, yay tivo, and listen, and I'm positive he said that. Now is that accepted nowadays??

Good episode though.
Old 10-29-04, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by Neitzl
I'm not sure if anyone caught this, or if it is even worth the bother, since I don't know what swear words are used on tv anymore. But during one scene, I forget which group, the group with Elizabeth, one of the guys said "All I told her was to not be a p***y". I had to rewind, yay tivo, and listen, and I'm positive he said that. Now is that accepted nowadays??

Good episode though.

Might have said 'pansy.' Turn on your CC and check.
Old 10-29-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No, it was p*ssy, but it was referring to not being a wuss, not the anatomical sexual organ on a female.
Old 10-29-04, 12:35 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm glad Andy stuck to his guns as team leader, it was a well deserved win.

Elizabeth deserved to get fired, she kept changing her mind.
Old 10-29-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I felt kind of bad for Elizabeth. She was the only person on her team that knew the military angle was bad, but she was screwed either way. She was outnumbered, so she could either go with their idea, or go in another direction without the team's support. She couldn't have won either way. If Raj had been PM, he probably would have been fired dor pushing such a bad idea.

I agree Elizabeth is very attractive, she kind of reminds me of Liz Phair.
Old 10-29-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
No, it was p*ssy, but it was referring to not being a wuss, not the anatomical sexual organ on a female.
I know that's how it's used, but it's still referring to the anatomical sexual organ on the female. At least that's how I've always heard been interpreted as, and that's the way I've always taken it as well.
Just like using the male anatomical sexual organ to say that someone is being as ass.

Or am I wrong on this. Been wrong before, so I'll live.
Old 10-29-04, 12:47 PM

I'm in love with Raj.

That's all.
Old 10-29-04, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Neitzl
I know that's how it's used, but it's still referring to the anatomical sexual organ on the female. At least that's how I've always heard been interpreted as, and that's the way I've always taken it as well.
Just like using the male anatomical sexual organ to say that someone is being as ass.

Or am I wrong on this. Been wrong before, so I'll live.
I think the FCC is naive enough to think the word is short for "p*ssycat".
Old 10-29-04, 03:01 PM

I admire the way Andy stood up for himself and his instincts. Maria and Kelly were pushing for the "sex appeal" angle which was dumb and Andy knew it.

In my opinion Kevin was already the best candidate on the show and this episode just reinforced that.
Old 10-29-04, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by BassDude
Andy constantly saying "a 22 yr old" got old fast. Replace that statement with "a black man" or "a hispanic woman" and you'll understand what I mean.

Andy keeps saying that because he is being ripped on for being too young. A guy like Kevin does not keep saying, "im a black man" because no one says he's not good enough because he's black. What you are saying is not the same thing.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.